I used to be a racist

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
kukushka
Freshman Poster

I used to be a racist

Post by kukushka »

I used to think that all people from X or Y race were either chill, assholes etc but throughout the years ive had negative experiences with tons of people regardless of their race/ethnicity. whats the main commonality? norminess. only now after many years do I realize that im not actually "racist" against other races, im just "racist" against normies
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Re: I used to be a racist

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kukushka wrote:
June 7th, 2023, 10:08 pm
I used to think that all people from X or Y race were either chill, assholes etc but throughout the years ive had negative experiences with tons of people regardless of their race/ethnicity. whats the main commonality? norminess. only now after many years do I realize that im not actually "racist" against other races, im just "racist" against normies
Totally agree. NPCs come in all different races. The majority of humanity in general are just NPC normies who are incapable of independent thought. Not only are such people unpleasant to be around for their lack of values and intelligence, but they're also outright boring as f**k.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 12:25 am
I was quite racist once, too. Now I am just an epicurean; I surround myself with beauty, with deliciousness, and I enjoy life. Sunshine, good times, family, love. Racism is tiresome.
I am an epicurean too :)
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 12:53 am
galii wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 12:40 am
I am an epicurean too :)
Great minds think alike, eh? :D
There is no need to be great for an epicurean I guess.

I asked Chtgpt:

Imagine you are an epicurean and you are shocked that so few people are epicureans. why do you think that is?
As an Epicurean, I would indeed find it surprising that relatively few people embrace Epicurean philosophy in today's world. There could be several reasons for this phenomenon:

Misconceptions: One possible reason is the existence of misconceptions about Epicureanism. It is often misunderstood as hedonism or the pursuit of immediate pleasures without considering long-term consequences. In reality, Epicureanism emphasizes the pursuit of pleasure in the form of tranquility and the absence of pain, achieved through moderation, simple living, and cultivating meaningful relationships.

Cultural Influences: Modern society tends to place a strong emphasis on materialism, consumerism, and the pursuit of external markers of success, which can distract individuals from seeking a more contemplative and fulfilling approach to life. The focus on instant gratification and the constant pursuit of novelty can also detract from the deeper pleasures and satisfactions that Epicureanism values.

Lack of Awareness: Many people may simply be unaware of Epicurean philosophy and its principles. It is possible that the teachings of Epicurus and his ideas on leading a good life have not been widely disseminated or popularized, leading to a lack of exposure and understanding among the general population.

Philosophical Diversity: People have diverse philosophical and ethical perspectives, and Epicureanism is just one among many schools of thought. Some individuals may resonate more with other philosophical frameworks such as Stoicism, existentialism, or religious beliefs, which offer alternative ways of finding meaning and fulfillment in life.

Changing Priorities: The rapid pace of modern life, increased work demands, and the prevalence of technology may have shifted people's priorities and focus away from philosophical contemplation. Many individuals are preoccupied with day-to-day responsibilities, leaving little time or energy for deep reflection on philosophical matters.

It is important to note that these are speculative reasons, and individual preferences and choices can vary greatly. While Epicureanism may not be widely embraced, there are certainly individuals who find value and meaning in its principles and strive to live a life aligned with its teachings.
write a rap why your epicurean belief is better than any other
(Verse 1)
Yo, let me drop some knowledge on why I'm Epicurean,
Cutting through the spiritual mumbo jumbo, clear and clean.
I respect all beliefs, but let me make it clear,
Epicureanism's got a different vibe, let me make it appear.

Epicurean philosophy, a practical approach to life,
No theological confusion, just clarity and no strife.
We focus on the present, finding pleasure in the real,
No spiritual illusions, our joy we fully reveal.

(Verse 2)
No need for dogmas, no mystical haze,
Epicureanism brings reason, guiding our ways.
We seek truth through senses, through logic and thought,
No blind faith or superstition, that's not what we're taught.

Living in the here and now, finding peace within,
No reliance on deities, it's our own path we begin.
We value human connections, embracing the tangible,
No spiritual escapism, we keep it practical.

(Verse 3)
Some find solace in religion, in the divine,
But Epicureanism teaches to treasure this earthly time.
We're not bound by doctrines, but we seek to thrive,
Balancing pleasure and virtue, as we truly come alive.

No need for salvation, we craft our own fate,
Taking responsibility, no need to hesitate.
Epicurus' words guide us, bringing tranquility,
No theological chains, just freedom and ability.

(Bridge)
Respect to all beliefs, diversity we embrace,
But Epicureanism offers a different space.
We cherish this world, the simple and profound,
Finding meaning in the everyday, where true joy is found.

(Chorus)
Epicurean philosophy, a practical approach to life,
No theological confusion, just clarity and no strife.
We focus on the present, finding pleasure in the real,
No spiritual illusions, our joy we fully reveal.

(Outro)
So, open up your mind, embrace what Epicurus preached,
A life of moderation and pleasure, within reach.
No need for theological debates, just live and let be,
Epicureanism, the path to living fully and free.