No one enjoys this situation

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

No one enjoys this situation

Post by Iawesome60 »

Hello ladies and gentlemen. I want to welcome all of the new and future members on the forum. I'm going to type about a dreadful experience: being forced to date someone by your friends or new friends you've meet. I dread this experience because:

1. The women are most likely not my type. They're not my type because of looks (face, teeth, hair, body type, not race, clothes, and etcetera) or glaring flaws or a glaring flaw in their personality. I don't like saying women are unattractive or anything synonymous to that. Men are attracted to a woman's personality traits and her looks. 50% for each because it's two things. A woman is not our type if she doesn't have exceptional personality traits, looks, or both.

2. I feel forced to do something I won't enjoy. I want to have a say.

3. If I say no, I know i'm going to hear something I refuse to hear.

4. It shows America is an abysmal place to find women.

5. The people make me believe I need to lower my standards with women. You don't have to be a 9 or 10 in the looks scale to date me. You could be an 8 and i'm happy. It may go down to a 7 (I have to think really long and hard about this). If you're anywhere between an 8 and 10 with exceptional personality traits, good. I'll have this thinking when I travel one day.

6. The people make me believe what woman I should go after based on my looks. They don't understand my standards.

I'm perfectly fine without <a>dating</a> most women in America. I dread hearing the reaction from my friends when I don't accept their offer. Thanks but no thanks. I loathe trying to set up my friends with a man or woman because they may think they're not their types. I dread when they say things synonymous to "She needs someone to talk to", "You guys would make a good couple", "Why not", and etcetera. I'll be friends but <a>dating</a> is out of the question. What should I do when these situations occur, what would y'all do, or how do y'all feel when this situation pops us?
Last edited by Iawesome60 on August 3rd, 2011, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

adria2789
Freshman Poster

Post by adria2789 »

That is a dilemma. It depends on the situation? Do you know the person or is it a blind date type of deal?

For me, if I already know how the person looks like and their general personality and aren't my cup of tea. I'd politely decline and adamantly stand by my decision.

If it's a blind date (I don't know who it is), I'd take a chance and see what happens. In my case, my friends know what type of guys I'm attracted to (physically). I would trust my friends to set up me because I know it won't be a complete disaster.

This is just me. I'm sure your friends have good intentions but don't anything you don't want to do.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

adria2789 wrote:That is a dilemma. It depends on the situation? Do you know the person or is it a blind date type of deal?

For me, if I already know how the person looks like and their general personality and aren't my cup of tea. I'd politely decline and adamantly stand by my decision.

If it's a blind date (I don't know who it is), I'd take a chance and see what happens. In my case, my friends know what type of guys I'm attracted to (physically). I would trust my friends to set up me because I know it won't be a complete disaster.

This is just me. I'm sure your friends have good intentions but don't anything you don't want to do.
Neither. They either tell me the name of the person or show me the person. I look them up on facebook if they tell me their name. I concur with the good intentions point, your friends point, and type of situation (what should be done).
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
adria2789
Freshman Poster

Post by adria2789 »

Well in that case, don't bother. If they aren't your cup of tea (looks/personality wise), then politely decline.
"Preservation of one's own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures." - Cesar Chavez
ajvf97
Freshman Poster

Post by ajvf97 »

You see this is why I refuse to get set up on or refuse to go on blind dates. My answer has always been 'no'. Being that it's here in America it's 'hell no' with a side order of 'f**k no'. My friends and family do not know or understand my standards and tastes. They never have and they probably never will. In years past I went abroad and saw how real women are and not this poorly engineered creature that is the American/western woman. Once I got that exposure to foreign women, my perception and standards changed. Women in America who I thought were quite attractive before were now just bland in looks, cold in personality and nearly soulless. But it took some lateral thinking on my part and traveling abroad to realize this.

My point is that in the past and even to this day my family and friends will want me to date one of their friends or friends of family/relatives and they are never and have never been my type. This is true now more than ever before due to my "appetite" for foreign women only. Nowadays, it is very pathetic how the people who claim to care about me and my well being will always make shitty recommendations on who I should date. Of course, they haven't traveled abroad therefore our perceptions are different. For example, last year a friend of mine who is married with kids started recommending potential dates to me by showing me their photos on her phone. I did not ask or imply to know because I already knew they were of the lowest quality on earth. Sure enough, she showed me her friends on her phone and the photos did not impress me one bit. Typical overweight American women. Nearly all of them were single mothers which is a big no-no for me regardless of what country I'm in. There was one who was attractive but my friend only added to the predictability and affirmed AW by explaining that "she was a bitch...but she's cool". Ok what kind of contradiction is that? Assholes are not cool and neither are bitches.

The women that my mom recommends have attitude problems from hell as well as a laundry list of issues. My sister always recommends fat pigs for me to date. I don't even understand when my friends and family try to set me up with fatties. I admit I'm no Brad Pitt or have a '300' body but I'm no Jonah Hill, Kevin James or Chaz Bono either. The bottom line is that if you're single like me living in America then simply say 'no' to the people that want to set you up on dates. They don't really know you. If they truly cared about you then they'd line up some quality women for you or they'd at least travel abroad with you as wing man. Think outside the box, folks. Don't settle for the mediocre women here in America and certainly don't get yourself set up on dates. It's all about ambition.
Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

ajvf97 wrote:You see this is why I refuse to get set up on or refuse to go on blind dates. My answer has always been 'no'. Being that it's here in America it's 'hell no' with a side order of 'f**k no'. My friends and family do not know or understand my standards and tastes. They never have and they probably never will. In years past I went abroad and saw how real women are and not this poorly engineered creature that is the American/western woman. Once I got that exposure to foreign women, my perception and standards changed. Women in America who I thought were quite attractive before were now just bland in looks, cold in personality and nearly soulless. But it took some lateral thinking on my part and traveling abroad to realize this.

My point is that in the past and even to this day my family and friends will want me to date one of their friends or friends of family/relatives and they are never and have never been my type. This is true now more than ever before due to my "appetite" for foreign women only. Nowadays, it is very pathetic how the people who claim to care about me and my well being will always make shitty recommendations on who I should date. Of course, they haven't traveled abroad therefore our perceptions are different. For example, last year a friend of mine who is married with kids started recommending potential dates to me by showing me their photos on her phone. I did not ask or imply to know because I already knew they were of the lowest quality on earth. Sure enough, she showed me her friends on her phone and the photos did not impress me one bit. Typical overweight American women. Nearly all of them were single mothers which is a big no-no for me regardless of what country I'm in. There was one who was attractive but my friend only added to the predictability and affirmed AW by explaining that "she was a bitch...but she's cool". Ok what kind of contradiction is that? Assholes are not cool and neither are bitches.

The women that my mom recommends have attitude problems from hell as well as a laundry list of issues. My sister always recommends fat pigs for me to date. I don't even understand when my friends and family try to set me up with fatties. I admit I'm no Brad Pitt or have a '300' body but I'm no Jonah Hill, Kevin James or Chaz Bono either. The bottom line is that if you're single like me living in America then simply say 'no' to the people that want to set you up on dates. They don't really know you. If they truly cared about you then they'd line up some quality women for you or they'd at least travel abroad with you as wing man. Think outside the box, folks. Don't settle for the mediocre women here in America and certainly don't get yourself set up on dates. It's all about ambition.
I have sympathy for you. We should look for a woman with the combination of looks and personality. You do not have to look like a playboy bunny. I prefer my women basic requirements:
1. Some meat on your bones (not too fat and not too skinny)
2. Tidy hair
3. Take care of your skin (I will not run away if you have one pimple)
4. Attractive personality traits
5. Decent teeth (I do not find huge gaps attractive)
6. 7.5 in the looks department or higher (there are 7.5's I would not date though). Many women are in the 7 to 7.5 range in my opinion.

I realized that women of all races are usually pretty if they have 1-5. Sometimes, there are women missing 6 if they have 1-5. There is a quote out there that "women are always pretty." Usually, but sometimes number 6 is missing.

NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

ajvf97 wrote:You see this is why I refuse to get set up on or refuse to go on blind dates. My answer has always been 'no'. Being that it's here in America it's 'hell no' with a side order of 'f**k no'. My friends and family do not know or understand my standards and tastes. They never have and they probably never will. In years past I went abroad and saw how real women are and not this poorly engineered creature that is the American/western woman. Once I got that exposure to foreign women, my perception and standards changed. Women in America who I thought were quite attractive before were now just bland in looks, cold in personality and nearly soulless. But it took some lateral thinking on my part and traveling abroad to realize this.

The women that my mom recommends have attitude problems from hell as well as a laundry list of issues. My sister always recommends fat pigs for me to date. I don't even understand when my friends and family try to set me up with fatties. I admit I'm no Brad Pitt or have a '300' body but I'm no Jonah Hill, Kevin James or Chaz Bono either. The bottom line is that if you're single like me living in America then simply say 'no' to the people that want to set you up on dates. They don't really know you. If they truly cared about you then they'd line up some quality women for you or they'd at least travel abroad with you as wing man. Think outside the box, folks. Don't settle for the mediocre women here in America and certainly don't get yourself set up on dates. It's all about ambition

I agree with you, especially what's in bold. I have come to find that 99% of the people who try to set me up on dates really don't care about me, but more of, they are trying to dump a problem/responsibility on me to clean up or take care of.

For example, as a 32 year old male who gets raved reviews for being a "good guy" I'm frequently being offered single overweight mothers of sometimes multiple children who have had a history of being chucked and F*** by dope dealers and/or thugs. These women (or their friends) seem to think that it's not right that I only spend my money and time on myself and that I'm living a selfish life only living for myself. I now lie to avoid people trying to set me up on dates.

Anyhow, as a man, a QUALITY woman to me is a young, beautiful, child free woman. A girl around 21 is great, that way I can gently mold her into complimenting my personalty. But see, in America, post feminism, women have set up the dating market where older men dating younger women or multiple women openly is shunned, and that all older single men of able means must come to the rescue of only women of similar age or older.

So society allowing this to happen, Western women can have their cake (F** their youth way with losers) and eat it too (have financial security later in life provided by the desperate good guys).