10 Reasons I Won't Go Back to America

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

tre wrote:Answer: The TSA is NOT needed. Each airline should handle their own security procedures. This should not be paid for via the government (aka tax dollars).

I had forgotten about Philippines being intrusive. The funny thing was that this was my first trip out of the USA. I'd gotten so used to the USA TSA that it just felt normal and expected. It was a pleasant surprise to see how NOT intrusive Singapore, Hong Kong and Thailand are in comparison. When you fly in to Singapore (Changi), you may or may not have to have your bags scanned before you leave the airport. However, they DON'T randomly decide to go through ALL of your shit like they do the USA. The USA is the absolute worst. Since when do I want some fat mans hands all through my boxer shorts? My bags get searched even on DOMESTIC flights before it's loaded on the plane at least 50% of the time. I always have that beloved TSA tag INSIDE of my bags when I land. It's f***ing ridiculous...

I currently live on less than $2000 per month in the USA. I live in a small town, have one car that I share with my gf and life very frugal. I could live much better on that $2K per month in Thailand. In fact, I could live on $3000 per month in Singapore. It would be tight, my apartment would be micro (seriously) but it is possible. You save loads of $$ due to public transportation rather than having your own vehicle, insurance, gas, registration fees, etc.... You will also pay much less getting International Health Insurance vs Health Insurance in the USA. I can't afford health insurance in the USA unless I'm working for a bank, a union, etc...
And what's sad is that the TSA agents have been caught stealing items out of peoples bags.