Do you feel American culture brings out the worst in you?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Re: Do you feel American culture brings out the worst in you?

Post by Lucas88 »

kangarunner wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 2:31 pm
You have to ask yourself why people are so nasty in America? What is the reason why? I think it's because the US is one big free-for-all where everyone runs rampant and shits on their enemies.

When you place greed above all else, normal, sane people go crazy.

Go to other countries where the people are more interconnected with each other. You will notice everyone is nice and normal.

In America, no one is connected with each other. There is no social layer of connection with other strangers.
Exactly this!

I've been saying this myself for a long time now: America and similar Anglo cultures are nasty, antisocial and neurotic societies because their general ethos is so competitive, dog-eat-dog and materialistic. This results in most of the population being cold-hearted, cruel, extremely selfish, ruthless, paranoid and vindictive. It also destroys all authentic connection and gives rise to atomization.

And yes, before anybody says otherwise, the social culture of many other places is nowhere near as insane as that of the US and broader Anglosphere. I certainly perceived Spain and Mexico as much more socially normal - and I think that here "normal" is the perfect word. I'm sure that you experience the same thing in Colombia. The Anglosphere's social culture is weird as hell and very much toxic. I'd take Spain or Mexico for interpersonal relationships and social interaction any day. People in those countries tend to be more chilled out and less insane. At least that has been my experience.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I go to Mexico every week which keeps me sane. I come back full of energy which depletes as the week goes on in America. Last week I made out with a hot 21 year old chica, long legs, long black hair, and she is going to medical school in November.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Bravo Mr P. Why did you move back across the border? You lived in Baja a few years ago. Work?
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
April 17th, 2023, 8:22 pm
Bravo Mr P. Why did you move back across the border? You lived in Baja a few years ago. Work?
Personal Business.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

A young woman was killed for turning into the wrong driveway in upstate New York. This happens regularly in ameriKa. The friendly amerikan will shoot you for accidently knocking on his door.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/18/us/woman ... index.html
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

@MrPeabody

Rest in Peace.. she was at the wrong place at the wrong time.
Those hicks in upstate New York are dangerous.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!