Chinese men mind your own business

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Re: Chinese men mind your own business

Post by ph_visitor »

Taco wrote:
ph_visitor wrote: Because to be seen in public in rural China in the company of a Foreign Man is permanent, life-long, social death on a scale that none of you can comprehend.

It's 'The Scarlet Letter' times 1,000.
That's not always true.

There's a certain type of Chinese woman that will have no reservations about having a foreign boyfriend. Educated, Chinese women over the age of 25, living in large cities and who's father is out of the picture(deceased, estranged etc..) will be the ones most interested in foreign men.
What am I supposed to write, here?

Can you read?

OK. Then please re-read this:

Because to be seen in public in rural China

rural China

Is Shenzhen, "Rural China"?

Is Rural China full of girls with no father, girls who live far from home?

No, no, no and no.
Last edited by ph_visitor on May 1st, 2012, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

ph_visitor
Freshman Poster

Post by ph_visitor »

ladislav wrote:Chanta, you are right. Racism is everywhere. But what we need to do is find places/cultures where this racism is minimal against us, and does not cause extreme hardship and is only a minor nuisance instead. Where it does not happen 3-4 times a day.

If it happens
'sometimes', then it is OK. If it happens 'all the time' every day, then it is not. If 'some' people are racist, then it is OK. If 'MOST' people are racist, then it is not.
Middle Ages, with more TGV track than the entire rest of the world, combined.
If 'MOST' people are racist,
MOST people in China, are not.

The Chinese are racist, but not everyone is.

But if you come here, you will encounter it every day, about 3 times on median, I think is my tally from this week.

So 3 people speak it out loud, and you encounter hundred's a day, and the important part - those who are not racist comport to the values of the 3/100.

The Chinese Mind Tunnel Groupthink.

Ex. My assistants when the Mahjong owner said something to them, and the two girls immediately distanced themselves from me in public.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Re: Chinese men mind your own business

Post by sushiman »

ph_visitor wrote: On the way there I pass two guys who, like all Chinese, mumble 'Laowai Laowai Laowai' as I pass by.

This happens on an hourly basis.
Haha awesome story, sounds just like Korea.

But actually I found China much more accepting, at least Shanghai and Beijing. Korea on the other hand is called a "hermit kingdom" for a reason. They are 100% clueless about all things non Korean. Still...it doesn't really bother me.