Prejudice Against Foreign Girlfriend

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I think the real problem is that you expect Americans (and people in general) to be courteous, empathetic, unbiased, polite and decent. The problem is that most Americans are not very nice people at all.

People like to say that in the Midwest and South people are so much friendly. But this is not the case. They aren't friendlier. It is just a slower pace, and the people engage you in fluffy small talk. But they are NOT nicer human beings than a NYer. They don't actually care about how your day is going just because they asked.

I have found that when it comes down to it, 99.9% of people buy into the cultural propaganda without even realizing it. I got those same comments from people when I would talk about finding a foreign wife.

It is almost as if people would rather you shut up or commit suicide than threaten their belief system on how this is the greatest country on earth with the best women.

"She only wants you for the green card."
"Those other countries are boring. That's why they want out."
"They look for guys with money."
"She's gonna come after you with a knife when she gets mad."
"Only desperate guys go for women like that."
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Adama wrote:I think the real problem is that you expect Americans (and people in general) to be courteous, empathetic, unbiased, polite and decent. The problem is that most Americans are not very nice people at all.

People like to say that in the Midwest and South people are so much friendly. But this is not the case. They aren't friendlier. It is just a slower pace, and the people engage you in fluffy small talk. But they are NOT nicer human beings than a NYer. They don't actually care about how your day is going just because they asked.

I have found that when it comes down to it, 99.9% of people buy into the cultural propaganda without even realizing it. I got those same comments from people when I would talk about finding a foreign wife.

It is almost as if people would rather you shut up or commit suicide than threaten their belief system on how this is the greatest country on earth with the best women.

"She only wants you for the green card."
"Those other countries are boring. That's why they want out."
"They look for guys with money."
"She's gonna come after you with a knife when she gets mad."
"Only desperate guys go for women like that."

I've gone through the same stereotypes with my friends too but reality is that no matter what they say I love my fiancee and nothing they say will ever change my mind. Hell I still tell my guy friends to stop wasting their time with AW but they rather be manginas and do everything their gf or wives want them to do. It's a real shame cause they don't get to experience true freedom.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

On the other hand, Colibri's response was incredibly positive. (She is a female Mexican forum member here.)
i just watched ur pics :3 !! u guys look so cute toguether <3 tienes una novia muy bonita i wonder if she looks even prettier with her cabello suelto :3 did u gave her that bird plushy :D
tienes una novia muy bonita = you have a very beautiful girlfriend
cabello suelto = untied hair, since my gf had a ponytail in the pics that I showed her