Jezebel does hit piece on Winston Wu and Happier Abroad!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Winston
Site Admin

Jezebel does hit piece on Winston Wu and Happier Abroad!

Post by Winston »

Check this out! A popular female celebrity/fashion site named Jezebel just wrote a hit piece on my anti-marriage article (the same one posted in this forum) that was posted in YourTango. They even called Happier Abroad a "possible sex tourist site"! WTF? LOL. But as you can see in her critique, there is hardly any substance or serious points. Most of it consists of hyperbole and petty one-liners. I'm not sure what her point even is. lol. There are a lot of comments posted in the feedback section though. I'm sure that gave us a boost of traffic, as our new forum record for most users ever online has now jumped to 116, as you can see at the bottom of the index page. At least we can thank them for that.

http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage

Update:

They just wrote a second hit piece on me, this time putting together a funny image of me. Check it out:

http://jezebel.com/5874834/meet-the-web ... n-and-ufos
Last edited by Winston on January 9th, 2013, 10:04 am, edited 8 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice!

Yeah, Esther Vilar has pretty much rumbled Western womens' plans, as have we on this board.

I started off looking for an Asian wife, but I'm going off with the "wife" bit (I'm sticking with Asia though!). I worship women, but I'm not sure being married to one would make my life better than it is now.

What hit me in the balls was reading my pension plan update and it saying that in the event of a divorce the pension company reserved the right to pay some of my pension to my ex wife!

Tell me again why I want to get married?
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yawn, :lol: typical mainstream dross regurgitated by one of their feminist priestesses and swallowed whole by their acolytes. The responses on that site are predictable as well.. "I don't know any wives who do this..." "My husband and I aren't like this.." "It's obvious that men who don't want to get married or want to go abroad are losers.."

Plus it's obvious she's going to pull the whole mail order bride and sex tourist shaming out of the bag from the get go with her usage of the antiquated word "orient."

Her entire shitty blog could be broken down in a collective psych evaluation for American women by examining the choice quotes and Pavlovian responses. Everything about it is predictable.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Celebrity Blogger Attacks Winston's Anti-Marriage Articl

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:Check this out! A popular female celebrity/fashion blogger named Jezebel just attacked my anti-marriage article (the same one posted in this forum) that was posted in YourTango.
As the old saying goes, "the truth hurts." Maybe because she knows marriage only benefits women is the reason she got so upset. If more men decide not to get married, more women in America won't be able to find a husband. :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Hahaha! This is so funny. She is unfunny and uninspiring. I agree with Repatriate. Her drivel was horrid to read. She made me laugh at her poor attempt to try to debunk your essay. I never heard of Jezebel and I hope she is not a celebrity. Celebrities tend to be entertaining...
jcris7
Freshman Poster

Post by jcris7 »

Crank up the feminazi propaganda printing presses!

EXTRA EXTRA! Free-thinking attacked and struck down by conformity and FUD!
"Women age like milk; Men age like wine." - Tom Leykis
goku714
Freshman Poster

Post by goku714 »

I read the article that Jezebel wrote and it sounds like she couldn't handle the truth about marriage in America & Winston Wu was on point
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Phoenix Sosa wrote:Hahaha! This is so funny. She is unfunny and uninspiring. I agree with Repatriate. Her drivel was horrid to read. She made me laugh at her poor attempt to try to debunk your essay. I never heard of Jezebel and I hope she is not a celebrity. Celebrities tend to be entertaining...
Well she blogs about celebrities, fashion and sex, according to the description on her blog. That's what I meant by "Celebrity Blogger". lol Her writing style is colorful and entertaining, and she has a funny wide range of vocabulary, which is typical of feminist liberal intellectuals. But she doesn't make any logical or valid points in her critique. It's like she was laughing in ridicule for no reason. I guess her blog is more for entertainment rather than serious information?

However, her blog must be very popular though. According to my Alex toolbar, her blog ranks in the 2000 range, which is awfully high. (We only rank in the 160,000 range) This means she either must be getting a million visitors a month, or else has a million backlinks to her blog. It's crazy how something so devoid of substance can be that highly ranked. But then again, plenty of pointless sites are highly ranked for some reason.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Fenix
Junior Poster

Post by Fenix »

Oops! I didn't read the "blogger" part!

My ass hairs are more entertaining than her writing. Jezebel is a dime a dozen online. She sucks ass.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Again billy, you are really stupid. Fashion standards are virtually nonexistent in the Philippines. Every guy there wears a cheap t-shirt. Clothes there fade color quickly and are poor quality. The fashion there is very simple. Middle class people dress very casual.

In Washington state, people dress like slobs and grungy style is the norm. No one dresses well there. They don't need to. No one cares. All they care about are practical things like working and making money. The culture is bland. That's the way it is in most of suburban America. If you grew up there, you'd know that. It's common knowledge.

Only in NY and LA and Paris do people pay attention to fashion. You have to hang in circles to know middle class people.

Billy, I told you to stop giving advice. You are polluting this forum with bad content and bad advice. You don't know anything. You've never lived in the PI or elsewhere. You are making more errors than facts. That brings down the quality of this board. Just shut up please and learn to listen, not speak. Your tongue is foolish. Nothing good comes out of it. You are the most shallow guy here. I'm not talking about superficiality. You are shallow in terms of brain density, not in terms of superficiality.

Even a kindergarten kid has more depth than you.

odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Winston wrote:Just shut up please and learn to listen, not speak. Your tongue is foolish. Nothing good comes out of it.
"Having two ears and one tongue, we should listen twice as much as we speak." - Turkish Proverb :wink:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The community manager of YourTango, a dating advice site popular with women, told me that some of my posts there had to be pulled due to many complaints about them. I guess a lot of angry women there don't like my posts and find them offensive. lol
Winston,
Thanks so much for contributing to our site. I have to tell you that
we've received a lot of complaints about some of your blog posts, so
we had to take them down. However, your article on marriage is causing
quite a stir and got linked to on Jezebel,
http://jezebel.com/5873827/founder-of-p ... f-marriage

--
Lyz Lenz
Community Director & Editor, TraditionalLove

Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

odbo wrote:"Having two ears and one tongue, we should listen twice as much as we speak." - Turkish Proverb :wink:
Correction: It's actually a Greek proverb by the Stoic philosopher Epictetus (who was born in modern-day Turkey, but was an ethnic Greek writing in the Greek language). More specifically, Fragment VI.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Epictetus#Fragments
http://www.bartleby.com/2/2/190.html
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

Watch out Winston. The girls over at forms like Jezebel would try to bring a form like this one down.

BTW, they wrote up another article about you with your face on it.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

^^It's the same over here in the East Coast. The girls over here dress in black spandex or baggy sweatpants with hoodies and ugg boots.

The American girls just don't know how to dress like women anymore. Looks to me like they roll out of bed, slip on some ugg boots, and walk outside.

EDIT: The only women who I see who actually care about how they look and dress up like a grown lady is Asian women.