People Can Be so Cruel...

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
ExpeditionSailor
Freshman Poster

People Can Be so Cruel...

Post by ExpeditionSailor »

People can be so cruel. The minute you even hint that you are going to the Philippines or elsewhere to find a wife, they ridicule you or give you all sorts
of horror stories about lies in wait for you if you go there. You know, the usual stories about passport hunters and scammers.

But not one will ever say, "I'm sorry you can't find anyone here at home. I know a good girl you might really like to meet. Can I get your number so she can call you?" "Or, my daughter is
looking for a good guy. Can I give her your number?" Not one will ever extend any help. Not relatives, not people you think are friends, nobody.

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with people in the West? They seem willing to go out of their way to be unkind to others, and more interested in being a hindrance than
a help.

Western culture is seriously f***ed up. If I won a decent sum in a lottery, I'd be leaving Canada post-haste!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

My advice is, if you want to move to the Philippines and marry a Filipina and can't afford it just do it anyway. Find a Filipina online with a house and a business and marry her, its not as difficult as you think.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Westerners were programmed since the 80s, to DEGRADE anything and everything they see. This is why certain foreign cultures degrade after a certain amount of time with western citizens in it.

Even westerner's DNA has been programmed to degrade. Ever see the western children born from the 90s and up? They're stupider, wimpier, fatter and weaker than ever before. Remember the 70s, where strong men and great women were born everyday?

Western people try to degrade everyone and everything. I haven't seen ANY other culture do that to its own people...
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: People Can Be so Cruel...

Post by Jester »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:People can be so cruel. The minute you even hint that you are going to the Philippines or elsewhere to find a wife, they ridicule you or give you all sorts
of horror stories about lies in wait for you if you go there. You know, the usual stories about passport hunters and scammers.

But not one will ever say, "I'm sorry you can't find anyone here at home. I know a good girl you might really like to meet. Can I get your number so she can call you?" "Or, my daughter is
looking for a good guy. Can I give her your number?" Not one will ever extend any help. Not relatives, not people you think are friends, nobody.

Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with people in the West? They seem willing to go out of their way to be unkind to others, and more interested in being a hindrance than
a help.

Western culture is seriously f***ed up. If I won a decent sum in a lottery, I'd be leaving Canada post-haste!
Really, really well-stated. Lots and lots of judging, lots and lots of cautioning. Not one whit of help.

f**k'em and do what's best for yourself.

One good thing if I bring a bride back, instead of moving overseas right away, will be the looks on their faces when they see her.

Yeah, that's petty and childish, but if it serves to motivate, so much the better.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Taco wrote:My advice is, if you want to move to the Philippines and marry a Filipina and can't afford it just do it anyway. Find a Filipina online with a house and a business and marry her, its not as difficult as you think.
Say someone wanted to try to make this kind of thing happen... how exactly would you go about it? Are there certain key things to look for in profiles on DIA for instance? Or do you just keep chatting with more and more girls until one reveals herself to you?

I remember reading stories on here about how guys have had well-off asian women literally throw themselves at them, offering to bring them over and take care of them... suffice it to say nothing like this has happened to me yet LOL.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

manly5000 wrote:Say someone wanted to try to make this kind of thing happen... how exactly would you go about it? Are there certain key things to look for in profiles on DIA for instance? Or do you just keep chatting with more and more girls until one reveals herself to you?

I remember reading stories on here about how guys have had well-off asian women literally throw themselves at them, offering to bring them over and take care of them... suffice it to say nothing like this has happened to me yet LOL.
HA! Yeah, I wanted one too. :)

Though it seems, on DIA I've never seen a poor woman who dressed really well! Many of the well-dressed women I see on there are very well off, according to their profile. I do message some of them, AND THEY DON'T RESPOND! Every woman who looked "normal" I've got a response from, after I first messaged them, at least gave me that courtesy. Handicapped ones withstanding. ;) Them richer women are picky as hell!

I think the whole "rich and clean" look probably attracts them.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ExpeditionSailor wrote:People can be so cruel. The minute you even hint that you are going to the Philippines or elsewhere to find a wife, they ridicule you or give you all sorts

a help.

You're absolutely right. But OTOH unless you plan on leaving soon you will have to deal with it. I deliberately put pics of me and my Filipina gf on my FB page to get my friends used to the fact that I have a gf from another country, that she is better looking than me, and lots younger than me. I just decided to stop hiding what I was up to. I am fully aware that some people will judge me and not approve and that those friendships may end. So be it.

Hell even my teenage kids think what I am doing is wrong because they've learned that from TV. But they can see I am happy with her and I expect they will adjust.
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

of horror stories about lies in wait for you if you go there.
You know, the usual stories about passport hunters and scammers.

a help.

Ha, yea. People always say the problem is YOU and that it's YOUR FAULT. This is why now I don't tell people s*** because people just refuse to look at it from your point of view even for a moment.

Also, the funny thing is that many people who criticize you about where you're going to go have never even been to the place so they're only telling you hearsay.
sushiman
Freshman Poster

Post by sushiman »

There is indeed that culture in the west of degrading everything and blaming the individual for the problems of the society. Maybe that's why they are all depressed and on drugs! :)
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Actually I think its fear of success. Men fear you succeeding as it will put their decisions in doubt. Women fear you succeeding because men will believe the jig is up and men have a much wider array of options than NA women do.

As for offering you a friend or there daughter, only immigrants doing that with people they trust. Natives only do it within a tight circle of friends/family. If they don't offer you somebody its a sign they don't respect you or don't think highly of you.

Helping others like sending money to Haitians after the earthquake is actually Superiority Complex. "Oh those poor unfortunate people of color..."

You must be on the west coast, I hear French speaking parts of Canada are less problematic when it comes to dating, I could be wrong...

You don't have to wait to win the lottery. All you have to do is figure out how you will earn money overseas. It can be over the internet and don't assume you have nothing to offer as a service. You could provide ex-pat services, just think about it.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

I personally want to teach English, which won't work in places like the Philippines, but is an option in most other countries.

The only problem is that it seems like all of the sudden (according to places like Dave's ESL cafe) requirements for teachers in these countries is skyrocketing! So many places officially require 4 year degrees now to teach legally and some like Indonesia require specific degrees (English Lit or the like), and many people are saying you'll have to have a master's in some places to find work in a few years.

For guys like me who have a 2-year but never finished a 4-year, it gets disheartening. It almost seems like the secret is getting out and it's becoming so competitive.

I just wish I could come up with other ideas to make ends meet. Though I know I can probably find gigs working "illegally" in these countries the thought of being at the mercy of a school with no official protection (and the paranoia of getting jailed for working illegally) being paid substandard wages kinda throws a wrench in the works.

I'm still going to make it happen though. It'll just probably be later instead of sooner... very unfortunate.
Out in the world living the dream!
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

The individual IS the problem. We seem to believe our desires are unique to us, they're not, we've only acquired them throughout our lives by way of conditioning. It's a common misconception for us to believe that by being born we have a "right" to anything. Rights are not real, they're just a human concept. The world does not owe us anything. If where we are is not catering to our "needs" but we believe somewhere else will, we should go there, and even if we can't go there, we shouldn't sit around complain about where we are just because it does not fit how we perceive it should be, this will achieve nothing and will only strengthen our warped perceptions and make us more deluded and miserable.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

davewe wrote:

a help.

You're absolutely right. But OTOH unless you plan on leaving soon you will have to deal with it. I deliberately put pics of me and my Filipina gf on my FB page to get my friends used to the fact that I have a gf from another country, that she is better looking than me, and lots younger than me. I just decided to stop hiding what I was up to. I am fully aware that some people will judge me and not approve and that those friendships may end. So be it.

Hell even my teenage kids think what I am doing is wrong because they've learned that from TV. But they can see I am happy with her and I expect they will adjust.
Outstanding!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

djfourmoney wrote:Men fear you succeeding as it will put their decisions in doubt.
Word.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

manly5000 wrote:
Taco wrote:My advice is, if you want to move to the Philippines and marry a Filipina and can't afford it just do it anyway. Find a Filipina online with a house and a business and marry her, its not as difficult as you think.
Say someone wanted to try to make this kind of thing happen... how exactly would you go about it? Are there certain key things to look for in profiles on DIA for instance? Or do you just keep chatting with more and more girls until one reveals herself to you?

Its happened to me at least 3 times, 2 Filipinas and 1 Thai. First, you need to meet a lot of Asian women online, maybe one out of 500 will qualify. Women over the age of 30 with kids will be the most likely candidates. Just ask the women you chat with if they have a family business and if theres enough chemistry between you, you can make it work.