Looks Matter To Foreign Women

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
drealm
Junior Poster

Looks Matter To Foreign Women

Post by drealm »

I knew looks mattered to foreign women, but I thought the disparity was much less than in America. I now know there's not much difference. So I think this means I have less dating power abroad than I expected and should settle for women I'm not attracted to or give up on dating altogether.

As noted in a recent thread I joined chineslovelinks a little over one month ago. I just checked out You guys are so deluded, it´s ridiculous... thead and decided to do an experiment with a fake profile on chineselovelinks. I thought the fake profile would get marginally better results but I was wrong, it got exponentially better results.

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

This is probably the first thing I'll hear. But most of the women weren't one way or another. A fair number would rank as modest by most people here. So my point is attractive women aren't necessarily sluts. Modest women with solid foreign values will pick an attractive guy over an unattractive guy. My conclusion is that there's a pool of attractive and average looking women whom have good foreign values but will not date me because I'm average or below average looking.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Maybe you tried too hard to make your fake profile unattractive? If anything enjoy the fact that your real profile is getting good attention.

At any rate, the truth is online dating is CRAP regardless of whether it's foreign or domestic. I think in the coming years foreign online dating will start going more the way of POF and OKC as more guys discover it and flood the market with their white-knight pussified mangina ways, thus inflating the egos of foreign women who use those sites.

If you want to meet a quality foreign girl for a lifetime relationship, I believe the only true way to do it is to get your ass on the plane and go there to look for one -- something 99.9% of these manginas will never ever do.
Out in the world living the dream!
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Actually the fake profile was getting better result. In 1 day the fake profile got 17 interests and 50 views vs his real profile took 44 days to get 130 views and 85 interests.

To me looks or attraction is universal. I don't know why some of the guys on this site think that looks is only a western superficial thing.
The difference overseas vs here is the SOCIAL ECONOMIC condition that you bring as an American.

Being American in global dating market gives you an edge because America is strong country . We can debate about if America is indeed a strong country but that's why foreign girls might go for you.

Second thing is foreign girls tends to be more feminine and that's part of the biggest reasons why we prefer them over the women in the states.

Looks counts but so does social economics.....to me I prefer to have social economics...WHY? There are good looking local guys in her own country but why does she seek a foreign man. SOCIAL ECONOMICS that's why........
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I think what you need to realize is...and this is just my opinion, logic tells me if you went TO china you'd be happy to find out the more attractive women will have conversations with you and you might be able to land a date to open the door for a relationship to happen, even if they would prefer the better looking man, I don't think they'd completely write you off unlike the U.S unless you're a slob you should be fine.

And lets face it....in the U.S we get no chance at all to even GET rejected by attractive women most the time, even if we are good looking.

All you need is a shot, and you might just get it in another country, here even if you do, you don't know if the woman is going to take your retirement 10 yeas after she gets sick of you.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

magnum wrote:I think what you need to realize is...and this is just my opinion, logic tells me if you went TO china you'd be happy to find out the more attractive women will have conversations with you and you might be able to land a date to open the door for a relationship to happen, even if they would prefer the better looking man, I don't think they'd completely write you off unlike the U.S unless you're a slob you should be fine.

And lets face it....in the U.S we get no chance at all to even GET rejected by attractive women most the time, even if we are good looking.

All you need is a shot, and you might just get it in another country, here even if you do, you don't know if the woman is going to take your retirement 10 yeas after she gets sick of you.
So you're saying I'll have better success approaching women than using the internet? Maybe, I don't know. I don't really care at this point.

I was more so trying to determine if foreign women have a core value difference. They don't. The difference between a hot chick online and a hot chick off-line is lack of prospects. A hot chick online will be flooded with prospects, one off line will have less. So maybe this makes me a bigger fish in a smaller pond. It doesn't make the woman's value different though. I think I lost the evolutionary lottery and I can only win it by rigging the game. Even if I can win a hot chick, she'll never be attracted to me. She'll be attracted to other men as soon as she's exposed to them.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Looks Matter To Foreign Women

Post by davewe »

drealm wrote:I knew looks mattered to foreign women, but I thought the disparity was much less than in America. I now know there's not much difference. So I think this means I have less dating power abroad than I expected and should settle for women I'm not attracted to or give up on dating altogether.

As noted in a recent thread I joined chineslovelinks a little over one month ago. I just checked out You guys are so deluded, it´s ridiculous... thead and decided to do an experiment with a fake profile on chineselovelinks. I thought the fake profile would get marginally better results but I was wrong, it got exponentially better results.

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

This is probably the first thing I'll hear. But most of the women weren't one way or another. A fair number would rank as modest by most people here. So my point is attractive women aren't necessarily sluts. Modest women with solid foreign values will pick an attractive guy over an unattractive guy. My conclusion is that there's a pool of attractive and average looking women whom have good foreign values but will not date me because I'm average or below average looking.
Clearly I am missing something here. You had 85 "interests" - right? You ought to be able to find a girl or two out of the 85.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

davewe wrote:
drealm wrote:I knew looks mattered to foreign women, but I thought the disparity was much less than in America. I now know there's not much difference. So I think this means I have less dating power abroad than I expected and should settle for women I'm not attracted to or give up on dating altogether.

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

Clearly I am missing something here. You had 85 "interests" - right? You ought to be able to find a girl or two out of the 85.
You can always date foreign girls it's just a question of at what standard. I thought as a foreign man I could date one or two deviations above myself. I was wrong. So I now see less reason to make the effort to travel abroad and date.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

I'm not surprised. It's one strong myth that has been floating around this forum (and several more), that foreign women place no importance on looks. Given the chance of a casual, sex-only, NSA, you name it, encounter, the one 90% of HA members dream of, any woman from any place on the planet will prefer a young stud, good looking and - why not - well endowed at least by their standards. A young good looking woman worth her salt who wants to have casual sex with old, unattractive men clearly has either a big fetish, or an agenda. :)

What should make a difference, and that's perhaps why HA was born (or so I hope, Winston?), is when a man is looking for a real relationship, which involves far beyond a nice pair of eyes and a slender physique. When looking for a long-term relationship, based on love, respect, honesty, and decency, that's where the "foreign advantage" becomes evident. Pick a more traditional culture, one that still cherishes values long lost in our spoiled first world: unconditional love, hard work, honesty, real commitment, spirit of sacrifice, tenderness, simplicity, decency. So much to choose from, from the Philippines to Colombia, to rural areas of Eastern Europe.

It's true, and it should be beyond debate. Large swathes of our world still have enough of what I call "social inertia" to offer the chance of a relationship the way it could have been 50 years ago in the US, UK, Italy etc. I talk by experience. For the past 6 years, I have been deeply in love with a young woman from Medellin, Colombia with a mix of inner and outer qualities that would have been plain and simple impossible to find in a local (Western) woman. True, I didn't have to open my browser and travel too far, as I stumbled upon her and her English school classmates one random evening in a Cambridge pub. I surely wasn't looking for a date from the other side of the world, and she had a career to go back to after the end of her English course. Yet, the more I got to know her, the more I felt like running through some sort of fat bonus stage in a videogame: rainbows, pots of gold and magic mushrooms everywhere!

She had it all, and more than I could even dream of. Degree and masters in engineering, tick. A middle-management job in a multinational, tick. A modern and intense, yet approachable personality, tick. Lots of interests in common, from South American poetry to macroeconomics, tick. Good looks to die for, tick. Among many other things, as we slipped towards intimacy, she told me men in Colombia are far too macho-ist and unfaithful for a woman not to like at the idea to start a relationship with a Western man. I didn't tell her but I did think that young ladies from Colombia are far too smart, hot and perfect not to crush all of the preconceived standards us Western men hold. We married in 2009, in Medellin, and I never looked back (and looked at another woman) ever since.

So, point of all this: be yourself and look for something serious, and foreign women will show us what the "foreign advantage" really means.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

I'm not surprised. It's one strong myth that has been floating around this forum (and several more), that foreign women place no importance on looks. Given the chance of a casual, sex-only, NSA, you name it, encounter, the one 90% of HA members dream of, any woman from any place on the planet will prefer a young stud, good looking and - why not - well endowed at least by their standards. A young good looking woman worth her salt who wants to have casual sex with old, unattractive men clearly has either a big fetish, or an agenda. :)

What should make a difference, and that's perhaps why HA was born (or so I hope, Winston?), is when a man is looking for a real relationship, which involves far beyond a nice pair of eyes and a slender physique. When looking for a long-term relationship, based on love, respect, honesty, and decency, that's where the "foreign advantage" becomes evident. Pick a more traditional culture, one that still cherishes values long lost in our spoiled first world: unconditional love, hard work, honesty, real commitment, spirit of sacrifice, tenderness, simplicity, decency. So much to choose from, from the Philippines to Colombia, to rural areas of Eastern Europe.

It's true, and it should be beyond debate. Large swathes of our world still have enough of what I call "social inertia" to offer the chance of a relationship the way it could have been 50 years ago in the US, UK, Italy etc. I talk by experience. For the past 6 years, I have been deeply in love with a young woman from Colombia (btw, met here in the UK) with a mix of inner and outer quality that would have been plain and simple impossible to find in a local (Western) woman. True, I didn't have to open my browser and travel too far, as I stumbled upon her and her English school classmates one random evening in a Cambridge pub. I surely wasn't looking for a date from the other side of the world, and she had a career to go back to after the end of her English course. Yet, the more I got to know her, the more I felt like running through some sort of fat bonus stage in a videogame: rainbows, pots of gold and magic mushrooms everywhere!

She had it all, and more than I could even dream of. Degree and masters in engineering, tick. A middle-management job in a multinational, tick. A modern and intense, yet approachable personality, tick. Lots of interests in common, from South American poetry to macroeconomics, tick. Good looks to die for, tick. Among many other things, as we slipped towards intimacy, she told me men in Colombia are far too macho-ist and unfaithful for a woman not to like at the idea to start a relationship with a Western man. I didn't tell her but I did think that young ladies from Colombia are far too smart, hot and perfect not to crash any of the preconceived standards us Western men hold. We married in 2009, in Medellin, and I never looked back (and looked at another woman) ever since.

So, point of all this: be yourself and look for something serious, and foreign women will show us what the "foreign advantage" really means.
Many if not most of the "guys" here seem to just be looking for a hot free whore. Good luck with that.

Outwest
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

OutWest wrote:
publicduende wrote:

Fake Profile (1 Day):

- 17 Interests

Real Profile (44 Days):

- 85 Interests

"they're all sluts"

It's true, and it should be beyond debate. Large swathes of our world still have enough of what I call "social inertia" to offer the chance of a relationship the way it could have been 50 years ago in the US, UK, Italy etc. I talk by experience. For the past 6 years, I have been deeply in love with a young woman from Colombia (btw, met here in the UK) with a mix of inner and outer quality that would have been plain and simple impossible to find in a local (Western) woman. True, I didn't have to open my browser and travel too far, as I stumbled upon her and her English school classmates one random evening in a Cambridge pub. I surely wasn't looking for a date from the other side of the world, and she had a career to go back to after the end of her English course. Yet, the more I got to know her, the more I felt like running through some sort of fat bonus stage in a videogame: rainbows, pots of gold and magic mushrooms everywhere!

She had it all, and more than I could even dream of. Degree and masters in engineering, tick. A middle-management job in a multinational, tick. A modern and intense, yet approachable personality, tick. Lots of interests in common, from South American poetry to macroeconomics, tick. Good looks to die for, tick. Among many other things, as we slipped towards intimacy, she told me men in Colombia are far too macho-ist and unfaithful for a woman not to like at the idea to start a relationship with a Western man. I didn't tell her but I did think that young ladies from Colombia are far too smart, hot and perfect not to crash any of the preconceived standards us Western men hold. We married in 2009, in Medellin, and I never looked back (and looked at another woman) ever since.

Many if not most of the "guys" here seem to just be looking for a hot free whore. Good luck with that.

Outwest
"Hot" is relative. Everyone on here is seeking someone "hot", it's just a matter of where someone draws the line. I doubt anyone on this forum would travel to another continent to date an obese woman.

Some people seem to think it's superficial to date at one standard but not another. I don't see the line difference - everyone's superficial. No one is any less judgmental than anyone else.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:
publicduende wrote:I'm not surprised. It's one strong myth that has been floating around this forum (and several more), that foreign women place no importance on looks. Given the chance of a casual, sex-only, NSA, you name it, encounter, the one 90% of HA members dream of, any woman from any place on the planet will prefer a young stud, good looking and - why not - well endowed at least by their standards. A young good looking woman worth her salt who wants to have casual sex with old, unattractive men clearly has either a big fetish, or an agenda. :)

Outwest
I know, and that's quite sad.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

drealm wrote:"Hot" is relative. Everyone on here is seeking someone "hot", it's just a matter of where someone draws the line. I doubt anyone on this forum would travel to another continent to date an obese woman.

Some people seem to think it's superficial to date at one standard but not another. I don't see the line difference - everyone's superficial. No one is any less judgmental than anyone else.
Your concept of a "date" is also relative. Let's be honest, for once. You guys just want to f*ck girls that are, on average, younger, cuter and more abundant than those that your looks and financial situation would allow you to in your home countries. You won't do this by changing your habits, giving yourself better standards of fitness, learning new skills and striving harder towards some real life achievements. You just want your Western dollar to be used to full leverage. In finance we call this "carry trade".

Carry trade doesn't make a skilled trader, everybody in the City knows that. By the same token, what you do doesn't make you a playboy, nor a dignified lover or a womanizer. And if a few naive girls are willing to trade sex in exchange with the lottery-thin chance that one of you will eventually marry them and provide for them and their families, that's completely OK for your consciences.

If you really want to do it, just, for once, have the honesty to admit to the trail of broken hearts you're leaving behind. Just like a cheap good imported from far Asia, your "happiness abroad" carries a hefty price at the source.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

publicduende wrote:
drealm wrote:"Hot" is relative. Everyone on here is seeking someone "hot", it's just a matter of where someone draws the line. I doubt anyone on this forum would travel to another continent to date an obese woman.

Your concept of a "date" is also relative. Let's be honest, for once. You guys just want to f*ck girls that are, on average, younger, cuter and more abundant than those that your looks and financial situation would allow you to in your home countries. You won't do this by changing your habits, giving yourself better standards of fitness, learning new skills and striving harder towards some real life achievements. You just want your Western dollar to be used to full leverage. In finance we call this "carry trade".

Carry trade doesn't make a skilled trader, everybody in the City knows that. By the same token, what you do doesn't make you a playboy, nor a dignified lover or a womanizer. And if a few naive girls are willing to trade sex in exchange with the lottery-thin chance that one of you will eventually marry them and provide for them and their families, that's completely OK for your consciences.

If you really want to do it, just, for once, have the honesty to admit to the trail of broken hearts you're leaving behind. Just like a cheap good imported from far Asia, your "happiness abroad" carries a hefty price at the source.
I agree, especially with the bold part. But there's two catches:

1. I won't screw women outside of a long term relationship unless they're prostitutes.
2. It's not my job as a man to look attractive. It's my job to lay down the law and make money.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

drealm wrote:
publicduende wrote:

I agree, especially with the bold part. But there's two catches:

1. I won't screw women outside of a long term relationship unless they're prostitutes.
2. It's not my job as a man to look attractive. It's my job to lay down the law and make money.
1. That honours you. Forgive my continuing criticism but - honest - doesn't P2P sex become boring after a little while?
2. Wow, that's what I call a traditional man :) I don't know your situation, but being loved by my woman on as many aspects as possible makes me feel good - I do it for myself just as much as I do for her...
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Of course looks matter to foreign women BUT perhaps, foreign women are more LIKELY to overlook a less than average looking man in exchange for other tangible traits they find attractive that western women, in general, care nothing for?

Sorry, not necessarily talking strictly about money or "social-economic" factors!

As far as men looking for young, "hot" cheap women to have sex with?

IMHO, it has nothing to due with the sex per se, it has MORE to do with perceived validation from other men.
"What we are seeing in this headless misandry is a grand display of the Tyranny of the Underdog: "I am a wretchedly longstanding victim;therefore I own no burden of adult accountability, nor need to honor any restraint against my words and actions. In fact, all efforts to restrain me are only further proof of my oppressed condition."

"It is the most perfect trump-card against accountable living ever devised."