Why are American/Canadian women glued to their smart phones?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Globus
Freshman Poster

Why are American/Canadian women glued to their smart phones?

Post by Globus »

Has anyone else noticed this. When I see females they are always glued to their smartphones texting and ignoring everyone else. It is really annoying and frustrating. They seem to do this on purpose to avoid eye contact with men. They don't acknowledge your existence unless you are in their clique. American and Canadian women are glued to their smartphones texting even when the are driving their cars. American and Canadian women really are some of the worst women on earth.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Why are American/Canadian women glued to their smarphone

Post by Dragon »

Globus wrote:Has anyone else noticed this. When I see females they are always glued to their smartphones texting and ignoring everyone else. It is really annoying and frustrating. They seem to do this on purpose to avoid eye contact with men. They don't acknowledge your existence unless you are in their clique. American and Canadian women are glued to their smartphones texting even when the are driving their cars. American and Canadian women really are some of the worst women on earth.
Yeah. Every time I go to school. If a girl is alone, she's usually staring into her phone or has earbuds in her ear listening to whatever crap it is--not paying much attention to reality whatsoever.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Do women in other countries do that? Of course, a lot of them simply can't afford these things in poorer countries. I always see people wearing headphones in public or walking around with earbuds. I mean, I listen to music at home through expensive headphones, but it just seems rude outside. Like a bunch of antisocial robots tuning out the world. Even if there's no one around, I like to hear the environment. I like to hear my footsteps, or a bluejay, or not look like an idiot struggling to get wires out of my ears if someone calls my name. It only seems to have gotten really bad in the last decade with ipods. I just hate it. I bet people from the fifties would look at them like they're a bunch of idiots.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

That shows an inability to think, to reflect, and to engage in deep thought. These women have rewired there minds to ping at the show of the little red message indicator on Facebook, and online notices for shoe sales.

All I can do is pity them and plan to remain abroad.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Because they vibrate and fit into a part of their anatomy. Yes, they are a symptom of penis envy.
Teamsatan
Freshman Poster

Post by Teamsatan »

Sorry boys but USA and their cuzzies are by no means the only ones glued to their phone.

Its a world wide plague....those of us older folk look on in amazement.

Then again i remember waiting in line for 6 hours to play one game of calaga.." Its like space invaders but they attack you". Hahaha good times.

Its a human condition ... its here so just deal with it.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Teamsatan wrote:Sorry boys but USA and their cuzzies are by no means the only ones glued to their phone.

Its a world wide plague....those of us older folk look on in amazement.
People do it worldwide, but it's particularly serious in the Anglosphere, where it's the perfect excuse for already isolated people to become even more isolated. Elsewhere, they do it but to a much lesser extent, and still mostly interact with people via actual face-to-face interaction.

From my travels, I've noticed that smartphones are still quite uncommon in rural Mexico and rural China. They might text once in a while, but it's still quite inefficient as they're doing it on a cheap phone without a touchscreen or QWERTY pad.

Now at school, when often I'm trying to say something to either a male or female student on the school shuttle, they would look up, give me a blank stare, and get back to their obsessive (1) texting, (2) gaming, or (3) listening to mainstream American junk "music." If these 3 things are more important to most American youths than actual face-to-face interaction, then we've got quite a serious problem here.

See also:

Are Ipods the Ultimate Symbol of Social Isolation?
viewtopic.php?t=8361

iPod iSolation, or why Steve Jobs became so successful
viewtopic.php?t=12052
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

abcdavid01 wrote:I always see people wearing headphones in public or walking around with earbuds. I mean, I listen to music at home through expensive headphones, but it just seems rude outside. Like a bunch of antisocial robots tuning out the world. Even if there's no one around, I like to hear the environment. I like to hear my footsteps, or a bluejay, or not look like an idiot struggling to get wires out of my ears if someone calls my name. It only seems to have gotten really bad in the last decade with ipods. I just hate it. I bet people from the fifties would look at them like they're a bunch of idiots.
Great post. This is particularly bad at my school.

Go to a rural village in China, Southeast Asia, or Latin America. People are the very complete opposites of wired antisocial robots there. Once in a while, there might be a teenager or two with earbuds on a local bus, but they wouldn't be the norm. Most people enjoy blasting out music from boomboxes and stereos for everyone to hear, which is much better.

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:That shows an inability to think, to reflect, and to engage in deep thought. These women have rewired there minds to ping at the show of the little red message indicator on Facebook, and online notices for shoe sales.

All I can do is pity them and plan to remain abroad.
So do I. I'm going abroad again quite soon.
abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

It may just be a guy thing, but I don't even like talking to people on the phone. I understand the importance phones have in communication, but at a more intimate level it's very isolating. Phones should be a work tool. It's just a disembodied,voice, so you lose all the subtle nuances like body language and facial expressions. Much better to go to a friend's house and meet face to face. Things like forums are okay to me because it's like letter writing, which used to be a classical art. Another thing, I forget where, but I've heard since the fifties house sizes in America have dramatically increased while family sizes decreased. It's just wasteful consumerism, anti-minimalist. Family members are isolated from each other in far off rooms in giant houses. Sad. Culture of Life v. Culture of Death
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
innovatorsclub
Freshman Poster

Post by innovatorsclub »

This is a huge problem that it seems only outside the box guys here have noticed. Women in America do use them to avoid eye contact and it makes it much harder to hit on gals during the day. Online dating is worse though in terms or making them picky and bitches. When I was in Thailand recently I was surprised at how many gals had smart phones
but
they weren't absorbed in them. They used them to make a call or a brief text I noticed but they didn't stare at them long or have earphones on. American dating is clearly disunctional now.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

They use smartphones to get on FB, check if someone liked their comment,etc..ego boost. Access to many hot guys at fingertips,anytime. How would you feel like to have those options?

Emergence of the Internet, online dating, social media and now smartfones totally screwed up dating scene for NON ALPHAS
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

terminator wrote:Because they vibrate and fit into a part of their anatomy. Yes, they are a symptom of penis envy.
Yes dude, I can't get enough of your wit! Also, women can update their status as if anyone of substance cares what lipstick they are buying or what they are eating for lunch. They post pics of them with hot looking guys/girls they are "doing lunch" with too. I suspect alot of it is fake, and girls are living a dream life, and that's why dating them gets nowhere.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

People have smart phones in Brazil but are not nearly as occupied with them as Americans, as matter of fact i am looked at like im crazy for being on the bus with headphones,especially if someone wants to ask me a question.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

Because they're immature. Remember when you were a kid and your parents got you a nice toy for Christmas ? Remember how you couldn't let go of it? Well picture that when you're 20 or 30 and you get the perfect picture of a child in an adult's body. It's quite sad.

BTW, i do have a smartphone but you'll rarely see me use it on the street. It's most useful when I travel so I can check GPS coordinates but otherwise it doesn't help you get "smarter" that's for sure.