Brainwashing TV Shows from Around the World

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
rudder
Junior Poster

Brainwashing TV Shows from Around the World

Post by rudder »

A lot of flack on here about the poisonous american garbage culture and all the garbage that gets produced in the USA, so I figure we should have a thread dedicated to some of the vile trash that gets produced in other countries as well. I think most countries around the world have their own brand of garbage that they steadily and loyally consume. Since I'm in Peru right now, I'd like to turn your attention to one particularly worthless program, "Esto Es Guerra"

It's effective, because it's like American Gladiators meets Big Brother/Real World Reality Show, so it has the power to snare both women because of the drama and men because of the competitive element. All the participants basically have super model looks. I think the whole country of Peru is completely hooked on this garbage including the kids:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsPsUydXIZw
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Brazilian TV show host Xuxa had an English version of her children's show, I don't know how I got to watch that when I was little, she was so sexy with her short skirts & knee high boots, the outfits were skimpy but the show was cute. It was pretty brainwashing, because at that age we all wanted to get clothes like xuxa. At the end of the show she would get her flaming red lipstick out & put it on & kiss all the kids. Sometimes she would kiss the camera too 8)
Still have love for xuxa & red lipstick lol :oops:
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -