I'm 'Happier Abroad' while most people are 'Angry at home.'

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

I'm 'Happier Abroad' while most people are 'Angry at home.'

Post by zboy1 »

Geez...some of you guys are so hateful, angry and depressed and ranting on this forum--while guys like me and others on the forum like Falcon, Eurobrat, OutWest, Taco, Jester etc... are having fun overseas...it's so comical and sad at the same time. Guys, come on now...

And half-of-the-topics on HA have nothing whatsoever to do with being "Happier Abroad:" Okay, I get the occasional racial topics (even I post some racial threads sometimes), conspiracy theories (I'm a conspiracy theorist, but why is 3/4 of the forum dedicated to this topic?), ant-US/Anglo/West rants and anti-feminist rants (which is totally relevant to the forum, unlike some of these other topics...), but mostly...it's just petty bickering between people.

I'm in China right now, and I'll be visiting Korea soon. I'll also be in the Philippines sometime this year, and I might visit Taiwan in the winter, when my friend is teaching there during the next school term.

Sure, I've been a bit disappointed in not being able to find a suitable, long-term wife in China, but that doesn't mean I haven't had fun looking for one. And, besides, I'm still young and still searching. Asia is a big place, you know...I've even dated a Ukranian chick in China...

I would love to visit the Russian Far East while I'm here, and possibly even India sometime next year. All you guys attacking me on this forum for being the moderator, I can only laugh at you, because most of you guys are wasting your time spouting nonsense, while, instead, most of you could be traveling abroad and having fun in the world. And whether that be in Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or wherever--it's sure better than being stuck in the U.S. of Gay or the Anglosphere, that's for sure...
argaluza
Freshman Poster

Post by argaluza »

Good man - that is what it is all about!
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

+1
Excelent zboy1
Pretty soon it'll be my turn, just a few more months and I'll be gone...
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm 'Happier Abroad' while most people are 'Angry at hom

Post by QuestionMark »

zboy1 wrote: Sure, I've been a bit disappointed in not being able to find a suitable, long-term wife in China, but that doesn't mean I haven't had fun looking for one. And, besides, I'm still young and still searching. Asia is a big place, you know...I've even dated a Ukranian chick in China...

I would love to visit the Russian Far East while I'm here, and possibly even India sometime next year. All you guys attacking me on this forum for being the moderator, I can only laugh at you, because most of you guys are wasting your time spouting nonsense, while, instead, most of you could be traveling abroad and having fun in the world. And whether that be in Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or wherever--it's sure better than being stuck in the U.S. of Gay or the Anglosphere, that's for sure...
How any women have you dated/been out with since you've been there?
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Zboy1

I agree with what you mean. There are some topics which the average 'Western' guy does not know which is good to have an open mind. This forum mainly though is for advice for guys who want to somehow work abroad and find women who are not as toxic as in an Western (and Anglo) country. To be honest, it has been difficult for me to find a decent paying job to work in another country and be able to travel to countries during my vacation. America it is very depressing at times to find work the traditional way.

However, I believe if the men on the forum worked together to find different ways to improve themselves by trying to find work in another country and/or create/start a business it can be possible. Still I guess people on the forum (including me) are scared of the unknown. Also, I think this forum is for guys to rant. I mean most are likely see that within the PC Anglo world there not much of a soapbox to rant about issues that pertain to Political corruption, feminism destroying men (and young men) so most do not see that in life you have to try to step out your shell in order to get ahead.

I am not crazy about teaching. I almost did it back in 2009 but held off and worked still in IT until I had a brief contract in Europe. I am trying now to look for another contract abroad. It is less annoyance and really it seemed that people in other countries; even in countries such as Germany (as an example) do not need so much material things but have enough travel time which is important balance between work and play.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

+1 for needing more HA type posts on HA.

I had a totally awesome time in Asia last year. I have so many good memories, from meeting crazy Thai and Chinese women with Falcon and Everdred in Bangkok, to riding round Guangzhou on the bus, going to a Chinese hospital, teaching English in 1000% humidity, trying to build my mosquito tent, meeting half a dozen femme fatales, going to bed at 8am, finding the ducks had escaped from the restaurant next to my Chinese apartment, experienced an Earthquake and partied like there was no tomorrow.

And to reply to QuestionMark - I was in Asia for most of last year (China, and Thailand) and I must have dated ~50 women. I made more progress in China than in Thailand, but it kind of depends on what type of guy you are. Geeky guys will probably do better in China. If you just want some fun, then go to Thailand.

I've changed a lot internally since I had my HA year. I no longer care about stuff - I'm now living in a shared house and don't have much more than the 19Kg of stuff I took to Asia. I don't have a TV and prefer to go outside to seek entertainment.

I will go abroad again, but right now I'm making hay (er, money) while the sun is shining. IT is a cyclical industry and I'm trying to get in sync so I go and rest in Asia while the job market is bad, and come back when things are as good as they are now.

Actually, both my jobs I've had since going home have been related to Asia. The last job was in the travel sector, now I'm in the tea business :lol:.

P.S. One of the dudes I now work with has an Asian wife - she's from the Phillies. That's another +1 for Filipinas.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Of course we need more posters who can give to us some hindsights of their HA life every where in the world.
There is almost no need to ramble eternally on how bad are AW and WW.
That's a well know facts..most of us have already disconnected from dating and wanting a wife in our countries.

The only part who get some of my comprehension,is for those who are desperately blocked at home need sometimes to get out their anger,but this should be done quite quickly and those persons should focuse more on getting out to live the HA than to always complain.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

QuestionMark wrote:
zboy1 wrote: Sure, I've been a bit disappointed in not being able to find a suitable, long-term wife in China, but that doesn't mean I haven't had fun looking for one. And, besides, I'm still young and still searching. Asia is a big place, you know...I've even dated a Ukranian chick in China...

How any women have you dated/been out with since you've been there?
Lot's...I'm actually looking for a serious wife, not just to get laid.

I'm not a monger, though, so, if that's your thing...I'm the wrong guy to ask...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

green1976 wrote:Of course we need more posters who can give to us some hindsights of their HA life every where in the world.
There is almost no need to ramble eternally on how bad are AW and WW.
That's a well know facts..most of us have already disconnected from dating and wanting a wife in our countries.

The only part who get some of my comprehension,is for those who are desperately blocked at home need sometimes to get out their anger,but this should be done quite quickly and those persons should focuse more on getting out to live the HA than to always complain.
I agree with you. Comments should be more constructive about life abroad and less angry about AW and WW in general.

After almost 40 years living abroad away from Europe, I do not regret a single day of my relocation to Asia.

However I see there is a need to complain frequently about AW and WW and Western life-style, as I found many Western men grossly misinformed about their legal situation and about their personal view about other parts of the world. This is especially true with many US citizens, who never spent a single day beyond the borders of USA and consider USA as their paradise. Many of them never left even their own federal state and do not have a passport and are brainwashed by the media. - We should not be silent but speak out against feminism.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

zboy1 wrote:All you guys attacking me on this forum for being the moderator, I can only laugh at you, because most of you guys are wasting your time spouting nonsense, while, instead, most of you could be traveling abroad and having fun in the world. And whether that be in Latin America, Russia, Eastern Europe, Africa, Asia or wherever--it's sure better than being stuck in the U.S. of Gay or the Anglosphere, that's for sure...
A rare, and possibly overdue, backlash of pride from you Zboy. True, a large part of your happiness comes from investing much of your life living in different parts of Asia and working as a teacher (of whatever jobs you had, I think I miss your bio).

However, I don't think you should be looking down on people who didn't (or couldn't) make the same life choices as you. One thing I have come to realise reading from the American forum members is the typical American employer dilemma:

1) young, unemployed and penniless, with plenty of time and little money to go abroad in comfort...and probably too little guts to travel the world UNcomfortably;

2) employed, so relatively well off yet strangled by the US corporate holiday policy - 10, max 15 days annual leave, with very little leeway.

In Europe, most corporate contracts allow a minimum of 25 days (+ bank/public holidays) off a year. It's not uncommon to have a system of salary sacrifice that allows those 25 days to become 30, or even 35. An immense pool of paid leave days that can be used to take any kind of long-haul flight to any conceivable exotic location without the fear of losing grip with one's career back home.

The luckiest dogs are (you could have guessed) the French. Their employment law contemplates one sabbatical leave, 6 to 11 months long, once every 5 (or 8) years. Companies are obliged to let the employee on sabbatical leave and come back to the same job at the end of the sabbatical. I met a couple of people whose companies were so generous to actually sponsor their sabbaticals at 40 or 50% of their salaries. Living 11 months in the Philippines or Thailand or Indonesia on 1200/1500 Euros a month...just imagine the possibilities...

So yes, there is a lot of bitching and armchair expatting here on HA, as we all know. On the other side there might be a few cases of people who can only grow frustrated at a system that won't let them roam the world free for more than a couple of weeks, without the fear of losing their jobs.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

publicduende wrote: A rare, and possibly overdue, backlash of pride from you Zboy. True, a large part of your happiness comes from investing much of your life living in different parts of Asia and working as a teacher (of whatever jobs you had, I think I miss your bio).

However, I don't think you should be looking down on people who didn't (or couldn't) make the same life choices as you. One thing I have come to realise reading from the American forum members is the typical American employer dilemma:

1) young, unemployed and penniless, with plenty of time and little money to go abroad in comfort...and probably too little guts to travel the world UNcomfortably;

2) employed, so relatively well off yet strangled by the US corporate holiday policy - 10, max 15 days annual leave, with very little leeway.

In Europe, most corporate contracts allow a minimum of 25 days (+ bank/public holidays) off a year. It's not uncommon to have a system of salary sacrifice that allows those 25 days to become 30, or even 35. An immense pool of paid leave days that can be used to take any kind of long-haul flight to any conceivable exotic location without the fear of losing grip with one's career back home.

The luckiest dogs are (you could have guessed) the French. Their employment law contemplates one sabbatical leave, 6 to 11 months long, once every 5 (or 8) years. Companies are obliged to let the employee on sabbatical leave and come back to the same job at the end of the sabbatical. I met a couple of people whose companies were so generous to actually sponsor their sabbaticals at 40 or 50% of their salaries. Living 11 months in the Philippines or Thailand or Indonesia on 1200/1500 Euros a month...just imagine the possibilities...

So yes, there is a lot of bitching and armchair expatting here on HA, as we all know. On the other side there might be a few cases of people who can only grow frustrated at a system that won't let them roam the world free for more than a couple of weeks, without the fear of losing their jobs.
That on top of the fact that it's HARD to immigrate to another country. If it was easy, I would've been gone long ago, as I've already been abroad quite a few times, but very difficult to stay somewhere and get permanent residence. The people that do get it are either lucky or privileged in some way.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

zboy1 wrote:Geez...some of you guys are so hateful, angry and depressed and ranting on this forum--while guys like me and others on the forum like Falcon, Eurobrat, OutWest, Taco, Jester etc... are having fun overseas...it's so comical and sad at the same time. Guys, come on now...

And half-of-the-topics on HA have nothing whatsoever to do with being "Happier Abroad:" Okay, I get the occasional racial topics (even I post some racial threads sometimes), conspiracy theories (I'm a conspiracy theorist, but why is 3/4 of the forum dedicated to this topic?), ant-US/Anglo/West rants and anti-feminist rants (which is totally relevant to the forum, unlike some of these other topics...), but mostly...it's just petty bickering between people.

I'm in China right now, and I'll be visiting Korea soon. I'll also be in the Philippines sometime this year, and I might visit Taiwan in the winter, when my friend is teaching there during the next school term.

Sure, I've been a bit disappointed in not being able to find a suitable, long-term wife in China, but that doesn't mean I haven't had fun looking for one. And, besides, I'm still young and still searching. Asia is a big place, you know...I've even dated a Ukranian chick in China...

I agree with you zboy I myself am happier abroad but sadly I don't post trip reports cause there's just too many trolls here on this forum and always people making excuses on why not to go when reality is there's already airlines that can get you across the atlantic cheaply and even they don't believe that life is not better outside of the matrix that is what western society has become. But like it was said in the matrix movie. Most people are not ready to be unplugged and they will die defending the system. At this point in my life I am happier and feel better cause I no longer put up with the toxicity of what western society is so let them troll all they want cause in the end they are the ones with no balls to venture out and see for themselves that the grass is actually greener on the other side.
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

I am probably the only person in the province of British Columbia in Canada (and maybe the only one in the country) who travels the world on Disability Welfare, using other people's money and my own money. Unfortunately there is only so much of other people's money that I can use :( , and immigration officers the world over are NOT open-minded as to let someone in the country for only one to two days, it has to be a week minimum I found out (I went to the UK to be in London for one day, was detained by immigration, put into a detention centre overnight and then sent back, I did this last October, 26th to 28th), the Swiss immigration officers I've met though (I've met a couple of them) have been very open-minded. I was able to get into Switzerland on a 88-day tourist visa with me having no money, no return ticket and no plan for settlement and what to do there (the immigration officer laughed at me when I told him what I wanted to do, I was so tired + sleep-deprived + hungry I couldn't think straight and said that I wanted to visit friends, see places + do things and that it would take some time I'm not sure, and then I got the visa).

So it is possible to get into another country with no money and no return ticket, I've done it in Mexico + Switzerland. You can do what others have done and go into another country and find work under the table, I've heard stories of people that I've met, North Africans getting into Geneva Switzerland in a shipping container, who found work under the table, learned the local language and eventually got a residence permit, so doing it all below the radar, it can definitely be done :) . It depends on how pissed off you are about your current situation, how much courage you have and what you're willing to sacrifice to make it work. At age 24 I literally sacrificed my life to try to move Israel, then to Switzerland, and I have to say that I don't regret doing it at all, I became a better person + learned a lot about the world + lots of other benefits.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
... I have come to realise reading from the American forum members is the typical American employer dilemma:

... In Europe, most corporate contracts allow a minimum of 25 days (+ bank/public holidays) off a year. It's not uncommon to have a system of salary sacrifice that allows those 25 days to become 30, or even 35. An immense pool of paid leave days
True, working conditions in USA are often not very nice. Low pay, often kicked out even after years without reason, short vacation, expensive medical care, an expensive legal chaos... USA is a country for employers, not for employees.

There is no friendly co-operation between employers and employees in USA.
USA is far away to be a dreamland, except for rich business owners and for immigrants from underdeveloped countries.

Some US-citizens regulate however this problem with hard work, own savings and very early retirement.

In Europe, you will hardly see any retirement allowance if you are not at least 65 years old.

Simply said, you have to decide what to do. Long-term planning is not easy. It is difficult as a foreigner to earn money in developing countries like in Philippines. In other developing countries like in Thailand you might face problems with visa and working permits.
Keep in mind there are plenty of men running out of money in such 'paradise countries' and after a few months they are on an airplane back home.