Why is this manager always hassling me?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Why is this manager always hassling me?

Post by Temprano26 »

Going to Costa Rica gave me a love for salsa dancing. When I came back to the States I found a salsa restaurant called Gloria's and for a while it was a lot of fun. Friends always had something else to do and were oblivious to how I felt going out alone but every Saturday night I went out by myself to socialize with other people. A lot of people there really liked me. One guy from Honduras after a few weeks said in my ear "I was telling the lady you a good guy". Most of the customers liked me and the band took a shine to me too. Even security was nice to me because I was a mellow guy.

The reason I went there was because I found all the attractive exotic females were all concentrated in that one place and if you have been to Arlington, Texas well look around you.

Because I was there alone I would sit somewhere with a drink and write in a journal to pass the time until salsa started. Once I was writing a thought about how Newt Gingrich is a putz because that is what was on my mind at the time. Nobody cares about people's political opinions so I write it down to keep to myself. The manager comes up to me saying people are complaining that I am writing about them and if he gets one more complaint he won't let me back in. So if I talk to people they are unhappy and if I mind my own business away from everybody they are unhappy.

A lot of time passed and then one night I was told they couldn't let me in. That was in November of 2012 and I stayed away from it for a year to complete massage therapy school. I went there last night because I wanted to enjoy my life again as a people person. The guy up front asked me one question - are you by yourself? Then he said he was still on notice not to let me in. Yes, after a year and a half. This guy couldn't give me a clear explanation nor could he even look me in the eye. The last thing I said was "have a good night, sir" and his back was almost completely turned to me.

I really tried not to take it personally but it totally is personal. That manager just does not like loners or single guys trying to improve their lives. A lot of single guys just stay at home but at least I tried to do something different. This is exactly what Winston was saying about how there are no singles scenes in America because one guy is discriminated against just for being by himself. It is not surprising then that lone males lose their minds and go on shooting sprees. I don't want to do that because I want to have a life well lived and Arlington has made that completely impossible.

I just want to work hard so that I can get on a plane and give the finger to the whole Dallas area before I take off.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I give you credit for the GUTS to go out alone, listen to great music, watch great dancing, and also ask girls to dance.

(Did that myself when I was suicidal after divorce, missing the boys, and a breakup with a cruel first-girlfriend. Cumbia did it it for me, but I love salsa and fast merengue as well.)

Probably it was not the right venue to do your thinking, journalling, writing, etc, next time do that in a bookstore, coffeehouse, or on a university campus. Go to the Latin Tropical club dressed to break hearts, whether you dance that night, or just watch.

Don't let this MINOR incident come into your mainstream thought.

Come to Latin America and find another salsa place.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

Well, that is the difference in culture. In Latin America people are not so uptight about somebody doing anything out of the norm. American society makes money off of Latin American culture but it is not run by authentic people. People should have the right to do their own thing no matter where they are.
somedude
Freshman Poster

Post by somedude »

Go back to Costa Rica and don't make the mistake of coming back to the US of Self Entitled Crazy again. I know I won't once my goals are achieved.
---

SD
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

temprano wrote:I just want to work hard so that I can get on a plane and give the finger to the whole Dallas area before I take off.
Lol, nice.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?