Isn't the manosphere as bad as feminism?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Isn't the manosphere as bad as feminism?

Post by mattyman »

..In terms of political correctness, shouting down people you don't agree with, using ad-hominem attacks to devaluate arguments. There seems to be an inverse political correctness. You can say I agree with but, but I don't agree with x because.. only to be labelled mangina. That's just as bad as trying to debate with a feminist. They see it in simplistic terms as 'us' (taken the red pill) vs. 'them'. The censorship of opinions they don't agree with is just as bad.

One of the biggest complaints I see here about western women is the amount of sluttiness going on and being shameless about one night stands. I think this is an issue that needs more open intelligent debate since there's a huge diversity of opinions. For those people who say that sex is a 'need' for which lack leads to mental illness, I would argue that this is open to debate rather than being accepted unquestioned as a given. Lack of sex on it's own doesn't have the ill effects on mental health such as, not feeling needed, not feeling wanted, not feeling special etc. Couldn't any mental ill health effects really be down to lacking deeper emotional connections and deeper psychological issues? How come the stance on 'lots of sex makes one a better man' is never questioned? Isn't mass promiscuity one of the things that's ruining many western women? All this stuff about sex being the most important need strikes me as justification narrative for mass promiscuity.

I would argue that a lot of people who need to sleep around need to look at themselves. They're probably lacking something, feeling lonely, incomplete (possibly addicted?). Usually, if you try to bring-up such a point someone tries to silence you by accusing you of not being able to get laid yourself, or some other shaming tactic to silence your opinion. It's exactly what feminists do. If you engage in that sort of behaviour towards viewpoints and opinions you don't agree with, you're guilty of the same behaviour you preach to be against. This makes you a hypocrite. Why can't the manosphere be setting a better example?

There needs to places on the net where men can openly discuss some of the issues that are raised regarding the dating scene (e.g. fat acceptance, men lowering their standards, men feeling afraid of being seen as creeps etc.) but without the inverse political correctness and closed-mindedness. Some issues will inevitable be divisive of opinions. Free speech should not be used as an excuse to throw useless insults, but to express opinions that others might not find popular and be able to discuss them openly.