Moved away to a more "american city" already hearing racist

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Moved away to a more "american city" already hearing racist

Post by jamesbond »

BlueEverglades wrote:
July 21st, 2017, 12:22 pm
I left Miami behind and moved to jacksonville,fl because Miami was becoming too overcrowded, harsh and crazy honestly. I became a homeowner for the first time but now I wish I could go out of the country. I have submitted my citizenship request since I'm just a permanent resident but it's taking a while and I must get a regular job in the meantime.

I have been here for a month but still feel the same sense of isolation and depression and had some incident where a woman told a guy that was speaking to me in Spanish at the mall to "speak in English,don't do that" later she followed us around and sat right behind us at the food court..I believe she was looking for trouble.

Then I had a neighbor being nosy and asking where im from and a bunch of very personal questions she later told me gossip about her other neighbors and called them by racial terms such as "The japanese" next doors. I was also told that I couldn't paint or do as I please in my house because I will lower the value of the other homes.

Is it just me or many homeowners in American don't really own their homes? It feels like if I change the paint of my house from an ugly white to a light blue (inside the house, the outside is brick) it will spontaneously and for no reason devalue other homes around me? They are just being bullies.

I'm starting to feel like a punished child that can't do much even in her own home, like I'm being watched for any little thing to ..

I have been thinking of moving temporarily to Spain and other countries to "feel Europe" and then make a decision but the U.S is looking down on foreigners even more after Trump's election...

Do you feel your home is your own? Do you sense conformism and change things around the house as a form of passive rebellion?

Have you moved to Spain and checked it out yet? One poster here Lucas88 loves Spain and has lived there for a while on and off. He said the Latin culture there is much more friendly and open than the Anglo culture is in Anglo countries.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."