Suicide is a horrible, terrible scourge of society!

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
traveller
Junior Poster

Suicide is a horrible, terrible scourge of society!

Post by traveller »

You may have heard it said many times over and over; "If suicide ever crosses your mind, just know I would rather listen to your story than attend your funeral."

And yet every day, someone somewhere in the country commits suicide. They look like they're happy and then all of a sudden, the next day that person's dead. They do the autopsy and find out the cause of death was suicide. Now everyone in the family is grieving harder because it was suicide. Something that could have been prevented.

And the absolute worst part of suicide is, there are people that attempted suicide, survived the attempt, and they actually saw the Lake of Fire! One even claims that a spirit told them that committing suicide will send them to the Lake of Fire and that those that commit suicide will not enter Heaven.

It's upsetting how those that have thoughts of suicide don't just reach out to friends, family, or anyone. Even bartenders can sometimes send a suicidal person in a more correct direction, away from suicidal acts (as long as you aren't in Illinois, of course).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Suicide is a horrible, terrible scourge of society!

Post by fschmidt »

I wish all modern scum would commit suicide.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

fschmidt wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 3:47 pm
I wish all modern scum would commit suicide.
Are you a pet parakeet? You keep repeating the same thing over and over and over again. Got anything new to say puppet?

Human: "Here's my pet parrot:"

Fschmidt: "Modern Scum! Modern Scum! Modern Scum!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

traveller wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 2:14 pm
You may have heard it said many times over and over; "If suicide ever crosses your mind, just know I would rather listen to your story than attend your funeral."

And yet every day, someone somewhere in the country commits suicide. They look like they're happy and then all of a sudden, the next day that person's dead. They do the autopsy and find out the cause of death was suicide. Now everyone in the family is grieving harder because it was suicide. Something that could have been prevented.

And the absolute worst part of suicide is, there are people that attempted suicide, survived the attempt, and they actually saw the Lake of Fire! One even claims that a spirit told them that committing suicide will send them to the Lake of Fire and that those that commit suicide will not enter Heaven.

It's upsetting how those that have thoughts of suicide don't just reach out to friends, family, or anyone. Even bartenders can sometimes send a suicidal person in a more correct direction, away from suicidal acts (as long as you aren't in Illinois, of course).
Why is everything on the internet these days fear mongering bullshit? Do you people have anything else better to do than to stir up fear? First it's this damn war I've been wasting my f***ing time on, now its you talking about suicide and people going to hell if they take their lives. If GOD has a problem with people ending their life because he rather they stay in this shitty ass world and suffer, then he's not much of a loving GOD anyway.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 7:59 pm
traveller wrote:

Why is everything on the internet these days fear mongering bullshit? Do you people have anything else better to do than to stir up fear? First it's this damn war I've been wasting my f***ing time on, now its you talking about suicide and people going to hell if they take their lives. If GOD has a problem with people ending their life because he rather they stay in this shitty ass world and suffer, then he's not much of a loving GOD anyway.
I agree with you completely. I think if Yahweh was really a loving god then he would have more understanding that people don't want to live in this shitty world so full of evil and bullshit. Why shouldn't people just kill themselves if they don't want to be alive anyway? Why should people have to suffer? If he was any kind of god he would just put an end to all the evil and suffering anyway and then there'd be no need for people to commit suicide.

In my opinion all these stories of fiery lakes are just scare tactics used to trick people into not committing suicide out of fear rather than actually taking time to help people or give authentic good advice. It's bollocks.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 10:23 pm
traveller wrote:

I agree with you completely. I think if Yahweh was really a loving god then he would have more understanding that people don't want to live in this shitty world so full of evil and bullshit. Why shouldn't people just kill themselves if they don't want to be alive anyway? Why should people have to suffer? If he was any kind of god he would just put an end to all the evil and suffering anyway and then there'd be no need for people to commit suicide.

In my opinion all these stories of fiery lakes are just scare tactics used to trick people into not committing suicide out of fear rather than actually taking time to help people or give authentic good advice. It's bollocks.
Leaderrs were mostly sociopath. They want power. Suicide means in their mind you criticize them. That is not acceptable.

People hate suicide because it reminds them that they also have a meaningless life and suicide is quite reasonable.

It is so selfish that the person who did suicide is blamed. It is like what is you business? Why can't you leave people alone? The person is dead give him a break. lol. Why don't you concentrate on your own shitty life?
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

galii wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 11:51 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
traveller wrote:

Leaderrs were mostly sociopath. They want power. Suicide means in their mind you criticize them. That is not acceptable.

People hate suicide because it reminds them that they also have a meaningless life and suicide is quite reasonable.

It is so selfish that the person who did suicide is blamed. It is like what is you business? Why can't you leave people alone? The person is dead give him a break. lol. Why don't you concentrate on your own shitty life?
It's true. For some reason we seem to want to prolong life indefinitely instead of accepting the inevitable conclusion that we're all going to die sooner or later anyway. Who cares if I decide to "log out" 10 or 20 years earlier than what I should have done. In the greater scheme of things my extra 10 or 20 years simply fade into complete insignificance. Especially when we consider the indisputable fact that in 200 to 500 years nobody will even know we existed, nor will they give a f**k.

The selfish desire to prolong life even when someone is suffering is evident in hospitals when someone's father for example will be hooked up to machines with all wires sticking out of him and kept alive artificially. The family love him, but really they just want him to hurry up and die because they're well aware he will never leave that hospital bed unless it's in a box. Yet in most places euthanasia is considered unacceptable. The same logic can be applied to the idea of suicide. If someone is so mentally debilitated and they can see absolutely no other way out then why is it acceptable for family members and friends to get angry and expect them to keep living and suffering just for their sakes alone.

I'm not advocating suicide by the way. Neither am I expressing some kind of cry for help. Simply musing over the philosophical question of suicide and whether or not we should just accept that some people are so mentally f***ed that suicide becomes the only logical conclusion for them. Sometimes cold hard logic and whimsical emotional ideals must be separated in order to find an acceptable conclusion. In the case of suicide, I don't fault anyone who is in so much emotional pain that they feel they just can't go on. In a metaphorical sense, they aren't much different from the person hooked up to a hospital bed and forced to live just for the sake of prolonging life unnecessarily.
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
October 12th, 2023, 12:45 am
galii wrote:
October 11th, 2023, 11:51 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
traveller wrote:

It's true. For some reason we seem to want to prolong life indefinitely instead of accepting the inevitable conclusion that we're all going to die sooner or later anyway. Who cares if I decide to "log out" 10 or 20 years earlier than what I should have done. In the greater scheme of things my extra 10 or 20 years simply fade into complete insignificance. Especially when we consider the indisputable fact that in 200 to 500 years nobody will even know we existed, nor will they give a f**k.

The selfish desire to prolong life even when someone is suffering is evident in hospitals when someone's father for example will be hooked up to machines with all wires sticking out of him and kept alive artificially. The family love him, but really they just want him to hurry up and die because they're well aware he will never leave that hospital bed unless it's in a box. Yet in most places euthanasia is considered unacceptable. The same logic can be applied to the idea of suicide. If someone is so mentally debilitated and they can see absolutely no other way out then why is it acceptable for family members and friends to get angry and expect them to keep living and suffering just for their sakes alone.

I'm not advocating suicide by the way. Neither am I expressing some kind of cry for help. Simply musing over the philosophical question of suicide and whether or not we should just accept that some people are so mentally f***ed that suicide becomes the only logical conclusion for them. Sometimes cold hard logic and whimsical emotional ideals must be separated in order to find an acceptable conclusion. In the case of suicide, I don't fault anyone who is in so much emotional pain that they feel they just can't go on. In a metaphorical sense, they aren't much different from the person hooked up to a hospital bed and forced to live just for the sake of prolonging life unnecessarily.
On the other hand I CAN'T blame society too because the instict for survival is so strong that when somebody commits suicide people feel like a part of them die too and their survival instinct kick in. Plus suicide is contagious. That is why most of suicide does not get reported because many people would copy these people. Specially with young people. There might be waves of mass suicide and suicide culture. So it is a mixed bag.

Regarding suicide there is an interresting thing. When you think of it we did not exist for billions of years and it didn*t hurt us. Who cries because he was 'dead' for billions of years. Nobody. So death is the final solution. So it has a good reasoning from that point of view.
vlkmo
Freshman Poster

Post by vlkmo »

If you think about it, both Heaven and Hell are messed up places but in different ways. I compare it to either choosing a very strict religious authoritarian theocracy or a Marxist totalitarian state like North Korea or the old USSR.