Why is this American girl complaining about Europe?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Jackal wrote:Many Hungarians don't like Asian-looking people because many Chinese people have come to Hungary and have set up successful businesses, so a lot of the local people are jealous of them and are resentful of them. Most Hungarians can't tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese, let alone between different kinds of Asians.
I've never understood the rationale behind this. If an outsider comes in and is successful, then he must be doing business in a manner the locals PREFER to the way it was being done before, by their fellow countryman.
Why resent the newcomer for it? Why not take it up with the (former :lol:) customers?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Robert77
Freshman Poster

Post by Robert77 »

hungary up until a few years ago was one of the few pretty much entirely white european countries left.... so seeing an asian or a black person was for sure something that would get local people's attention...... i visited hungary twice in 2000 and 2011 and it has changed.... in 2000 there was virtually not a single person of color anywhere, now in 2011 i say quite a lot of africans and asians in several parts of budapest, and the people were not as impressed when they came across one anymore.
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
Andrewww
Freshman Poster

Post by Andrewww »

I'm laughting so hard right now.

I was raised in Eastern Europe and it's true that some people will try to rip you off if they find out you're American...THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD TRY TO BLEND IN stupid bitch.

In Eastern Europe clerks and such do not usually smile. They don't thank you for doing nothing. People in Eastern Europe treasure meaningful relantionships not superficial interactions. When someone smiles at you it means something.

And that my friends is the biggest difference between North America and Eastern Europe.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I'm laughting so hard right now.

I was raised in Eastern Europe and it's true that some people will try to rip you off if they find out you're American...THAT'S WHY YOU SHOULD TRY TO BLEND IN stupid bitch.

In Eastern Europe clerks and such do not usually smile. They don't thank you for doing nothing. People in Eastern Europe treasure meaningful relantionships not superficial interactions. When someone smiles at you it means something.

And that my friends is the biggest difference between North America and Eastern Europe.
I agree! I wrote stuff like this on this forum many times. And to be honest I am OK with sales clerk NOT smiling. WHY would you smile? French seem to have a great customer service, but they don't smile - they look smart and provide service with dignity to you and themselves. It takes a smart American person to understand that your life isn't about CUSTOMER SERVICE, it's about true feelings and relationships. And to be honest, after spending years living in the U.S. I LOVE IT when people DON'T SMILE to me, nor they are kissing my ass. They respect me - it's enough already. I think Americans are very weak and don't have anything to enjoy in their life, so they pay attention to customer service like it's a huge f***ing part of their life.
S_Parc
Veteran Poster

Post by S_Parc »

have2fly wrote:I think Americans are very weak and don't have anything to enjoy in their life, so they pay attention to customer service like it's a huge f***ing part of their life.
This is something I don't concur with.

I live in the New England region vs the metro NYC region because people here are *outwardly* polite. And yes, I've made small talk with all kinds of customer service types whether it be in hardware stores, fast food chains, liquor stories, restaurants, bookstores, super markets/delis, or what have you. Sometimes, these types of chats lead to long term acquaintances and I've been able to make my way around, as a result of which. Would I rather have that, than the F'k you attitude of a NYer? ... absolutely.

But ... regardless ... it doesn't make American women worth dating. In all scenarios, you better off associating with men and keeping your contacts with AWs to a minimum. AWs are a cancer, however, having people be polite and smiling at a bookstore doesn't make 'em a problem.