Republic Of San Marino

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Republic Of San Marino

Post by Taco »

I've never heard of this country until now. Sounds like a good place to go if your looking to get away from it all.

This Free Country Should Be On Your Radar
http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/this- ... adar-8521/

Wikipedia: San Marino
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

It would be fun. There, or Campione D'Italia, or Monaco, or Andorra...

Or NorderFriedrichsKoog in Germany itself, where there is no income tax due to a centuries-old grant.

Some of us may have to settle for a "banana republic" though. The above-mentioned places are a bit pricey I think.

Btw Norfolk Island (off Australia) also has no income tax. Polynesian island with a mostly White population.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

Good luck getting residency in San Marino. I live 1/2 hour drive from there and it's elitist and expensive, as well as VERY tiny. I don't know of any jobs there or manufacturing there. Most people who live there work outside the borders in Italy. Granted, there are no real "borders" to speak of. You just drive in.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Republic Of San Marino

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:I've never heard of this country until now. Sounds like a good place to go if your looking to get away from it all.

This Free Country Should Be On Your Radar
http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/this- ... adar-8521/

Wikipedia: San Marino
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Marino
For those in the (U.S.) Pacific time zone, an episode of "Rick Steves' Europe" is just about to air on KCET, which airs on Time Warner and Charter cable as channel 309. San Marino, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco and the Vatican City are going to be covered. The episode is called "Little Europe" I think.
fuzzy_corleone
Freshman Poster

Post by fuzzy_corleone »

Jester wrote:It would be fun. There, or Campione D'Italia, or Monaco, or Andorra...

Or NorderFriedrichsKoog in Germany itself, where there is no income tax due to a centuries-old grant.

Some of us may have to settle for a "banana republic" though. The above-mentioned places are a bit pricey I think.

Btw Norfolk Island (off Australia) also has no income tax. Polynesian island with a mostly White population.
My plan is to get a wife from these 'banana republics' (assuming this is referring to central and south American countries) and settle in one of those relatively unknown European tax havens.

Edit: "In the 1990s Norderfriedrichskoog became a popular 0% tax haven, and by 2003 the village, with a population of only 47, was home to over 500 companies, including Deutsche Bank, Eli Lilly and Company, Unilever, Lufthansa and E.On.[2] The tax regime was changed by the federal government in 2004 to enforce a minimum percentage rate, thus removing Norderfriedrichskoog's competitive advantage."
Last edited by fuzzy_corleone on June 5th, 2013, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

fuzzy_corleone wrote:
Jester wrote:It would be fun. There, or Campione D'Italia, or Monaco, or Andorra...

My plan is to get a wife from these 'banana republics' (assuming this is referring to central and south American countries) and settle in one of those relatively unknown European tax havens.
Best bet with a Central American wife would be Malta I think. Living there eventually can give you Schengen passport with access to all of Europe.

Good luck.