The French are "Narrow Minded and Naive"

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
wuxi
Freshman Poster

The French are "Narrow Minded and Naive"

Post by wuxi »

This is a young womans(former soviet republic) observations of french people.

http://www.henrymakow.com/an_exile_in_france.html
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

religion? God?? "We're too intelligent and self-reliant to believe in unscientific, ancient crap! Mankind has to move on and leave unnecessary things and ideas behind. I only believe in Myself" etc.) - taken from the henry makow post.

i totally agree with the french when they say the above sentence. i believe in myself. Although i prefer to call it self hood or self discovery. this is a good article just goes to show that not everybody fits in a certain culture.

I would definitely go to france for some fun and adventure but overall it just seems like a really good quality feminine mate would be hard to find there.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Like any other people, the French have 2 faces. The front face is the French artist, liberal, artistic, free thinking, etc. The back face is one of systematic standarization of everything that is French, no dissidents allowed -- not even words. Good luck getting a word into the French dictionary without approval from the Académie française. 100 years ago the majority of people in France spoke regional dialects and not Parisian French. The authorities in Paris put an end to that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergonha
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

momopi wrote:Like any other people, the French have 2 faces. The front face is the French artist, liberal, artistic, free thinking, etc. The back face is one of systematic standarization of everything that is French, no dissidents allowed -- not even words. Good luck getting a word into the French dictionary without approval from the Académie française. 100 years ago the majority of people in France spoke regional dialects and not Parisian French. The authorities in Paris put an end to that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vergonha
The idea that the French are liberal has always been puzzling to me. They've actually never been all that liberal. They pay lip service to what we know as liberal issues but in fact practice conservatism and have always done so. Just look at who some of the last countries were to give up on their colonies..the French. Who kicks people out of their country based on race and enacts veil bans..the French. Who is kind of a bigot about language..the French. Although to be fair most English speaking countries are assholes about this too.

France has also never had a problem trafficking weapons to 3rd world countries and sending their Foreign Legion to various hotspots to enforce their own agenda
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

These generalizations aren’t very helpful. The truth is that she had a few “bad� experiences, and only gives us her abstract conclusions. It would be more insightful to get an account of the actual experiences that led to her conclusions. I worked with the French when I was in Europe, and they tended to be more on the conservative side. There was also a Serbian woman in my expat group who was so irritated by the Dutch that she decided to leave the Netherlands. I wonder if Slavic women find it hard to adjust to Western Europeans in general.