Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Finnish Power Metal -- Altaria

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Finnish Power Metal -- Altaria

Postby LukeSkywalker » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:28 pm

How can we have a progressive, free-spirit, think-outside the box group without some power metal?

First up we will have Finnish power metal band Altaria!!!!!!!

Let's give it up for....

History of Times to Come
Freshman Poster

Postby Jackal » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:14 am

Hello Skywalker-san,

I listened to the video clip and they're not bad, actually. It's a solid hard rock song that is as good an excuse as any for women to wear leather miniskirts. I used to like a song called "Noose" by a Finnish band called Sentenced. Most Finnish rock bands tend to be very melodic and I feel that most of them have been heavily influenced by Iron Maiden. Check out the songs "Caught Somewhere in Time" or "The Evil That Men Do" by Iron Maiden.

Have you heard of the band Dream Theater? They play some very intricate and complex rock songs. Check out their album "Images and Words."
Experienced Poster

Another Finnish rock band

Postby Jackal » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:13 am

Here's that other Finnish band I was talking about, Sentenced.

Here's their song "Noose". They're a little heavier and nastier than Altaria.

Then of course there's the Finnish band, Amorphis, but I never really cared for them because their singer just growls all the time.
Experienced Poster

Return to European Countries