Ladislav is in Romania

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Ladislav is in Romania

Post by ladislav »

This is my second day here. I am in Bucharest. This is an isolated Roman province of Dacia. It is still very Roman. It sure feels it. Lots of Roman noses.

Sorry, have not been taking too many pictures so I have found some online that roughly correspond to what Ive been seeing.

The place looks poorer than Ukraine. The infrastructure is old. There are graffiti all over the place. But the whole city planning thing is great. Lots and lots of parks. Very green overall. Just not very well taken care of. I went to one park and it does not look like they are taking care of it.
There is no air pollution so it smells good.

The architecture is weird. The roof of a building looks kind of Russian or Byzantine, but the main part looks Italian or Spanish.

The people belong to a strange race. They look kind of like Italians from Central Italy but less curly. The hair is mostly straight. They go from semi blonds to really dark.

People are well dressed and well fed. They eat lots of good food.

Easy to read signs if you speak Spanish or French. You can figure out the words quite fast even without a dictionary.

The people are not super friendly, but not unfriendly, either. Just kind of neutral.

English is spoken by the younger generation. I get around with a Google speech translator.

Apparently not a very popular place to look for wives probably because it is a Latin country ala Spain or Italy. Too many horny local men who are always on the make. So, your presence is not a boon to lonely girls. Just like it would not be in Spain. Does not mean you cannot find one, but it is just not a cornucopia.

There are lots and lots of couples with kids. Does not look like there is much feminism here. The kids are well dressed and wave at strangers.

Generally, the people are relaxed, kind of like Filipinos.

The best thing I like about Romania is their folk music and dance.

A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Ladislav is in Romania

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:
July 29th, 2023, 3:22 pm
Apparently not a very popular place to look for wives probably because it is a Latin country ala Spain or Italy. Too many horny local men who are always on the make. So, your presence is not a boon to lonely girls. Just like it would not be in Spain. Does not mean you cannot find one, but it is just not a cornucopia.
In my 20s I met a few Romanian women when I lived in Vegas. They were NOT sweet and feminine like so many people say that Eastern European women are. The people who are in the know about Eastern Europe know that the women from there are just as nasty as Western women.

Thanks Laddy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

It's a big misconception that Eastern European are "sweet and feminine". They are not. They are conniving and deceitful.

Alfredo Effect
Freshman Poster

Post by Alfredo Effect »

Nice report Ladislav.

Is it possible to find an ok gf or a wife there? Or is it a lonely hellscape like everywhere else in the West?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

kangarunner wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 9:45 pm
It's a big misconception that Eastern European are "sweet and feminine". They are not. They are conniving and deceitful.
They are all those. But do note that they become less sweet and less feminine and more deceitful and conniving if they expressly look for foreigners online. Same with Filipinas. Also, if they are in the USA, they quickly turn into an exaggerated version of an American woman. They just go wild with all the opportunities.

If they were all conniving and deceitful, then families in their countries could not be formed and they would all be single mothers and single fathers. But in the overwhelming majority of cases, they have normal families with kids, parents, grandparents, etc, they go to school, they work, they date and have weddings, etc.

Because they all know each other and meet people thru introductions or at school or work. They usually do not date online and especially do not look for foreigners online.

The best thing is not to meet people online and also, to meet them in their own country on their terms. That includes, desirably, if you do it in their own language. If not, it is best to be introduced by someone you know. This is how they meet their own men and women. Strangers online are dangerous even for the locals.

It does not mean that it is not possible to meet a good one online,but just that you will have to go thru dozens of bad ones before you find the nugget.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Alfredo Effect wrote:
July 30th, 2023, 10:33 pm
Nice report Ladislav.

Is it possible to find an ok gf or a wife there? Or is it a lonely hellscape like everywhere else in the West?
No, it is not lonely here, but also, it is does not seem as easy as in Ukraine. Romania is a Latin country, along with Moldova. It is basically the same as Italy. An Orthodox Italy. The people are Latin. Macho guys same as in Italy or Spain.

No, it is not the Anglo West, either, by any means, but it is also not a Slavic country or Latvia. My feeling is that one will run into a lot of cockblocking by these Latin guys. Having said that, it still looks a lot easier than in the USA where it is hopeless.

Based on my observations, all the Romanian guys looked happy, the families looked happy, there were no lonely, brooding men as in the US. Self absorbed incels lost in their quiet desperation did not seem to exist. Looked like they were all just relaxed and enjoying themselves.

But it seemed to me that all of their meet ups were thru mutual introductions, work and school. Kind of like it is in Italy or France. So, that type of country. Maybe even easier.

I would probably put Romania on part with maybe Brazil.

So, yes, it would be possible, but it would take a lot of integration, language study and socialization. Maybe.

But did it look easier than the US, yes absolutely.

I still say stick with Filipinas. But if you want white girls in E. Europe, it takes extra work.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

ladislav wrote:
August 2nd, 2023, 11:47 am
They are all those. But do note that they become less sweet and less feminine and more deceitful and conniving if they expressly look for foreigners online. Same with Filipinas. Also, if they are in the USA, they quickly turn into an exaggerated version of an American woman. They just go wild with all the opportunities.
They're gypsies and con artists when it comes to foreign men. They see you and me as the dumb white guy. My misanthropy has gone to whole new level from this forum.