Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Transylvania looks like an interesting place...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the European Countries.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Transylvania looks like an interesting place...

Postby Winston » Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 pm

Last edited by Winston on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby Think Different » Wed May 05, 2010 4:47 pm

Never been to Romania, but I have friends and family who have and they love it. One friend goes there every year to visit friends, he likes it so much. He said the people are very nice and genuine, but have a racist bent against gypsies (Roma), but so does most of Europe.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Postby Jackal » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:48 am

I'll probably go to Transylvania in a month or two. It should be interesting.

The only part of Romania I've seen so far is a few butt-ugly cities near the Hungarian border. It will be nice to see the prettier parts of that country.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Postby jamesbond » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:13 pm

When you visit Transylvania, don't forget to check out "Dracula's castle." He was know as "Vlad the impaler" and became the subject of the "dracula" character made into movies and books.

He really was a historical figure (Vlad the impaler) hundreds of years ago. Check out these episodes from "world's scariest places" where they go into detail on dracula and dracula's castle in Romania.

I love historical places and history and would love to visit Romania and other European countries to get my fill of historical places! Living in America is boring me to tears! There is not much history or historical places in the US, only strip malls, shopping centers, office complexes (that all look the same), cookie cutter homes and fast food restaurants. No wonder I am bored shitless in the US! lol :lol:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50p8f-37ChM&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxFbpWdwU6g&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKH7x4RWPTA&feature=related[/youtube]
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Return to European Countries