Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Self improvement is a scam

Post by Cornfed »

There may be specific issues that specific people could profitably address, but yes the self improvement industry is largely bullshit.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Mercer wrote:
August 26th, 2022, 5:43 pm
Why people hate you:

1. You are ugly
2. You are not neurotypical

No amount of self improvement can fix this. There are plenty of losers who have no problems getting girlfriends or being popular simply because they are good looking and are neurotypical. Self improvement is a scam that is blaming people for being treated badly due to their genetics.
I suppose you could get filthy rich, too. It works. There's some absolutely hideous looking Soundcloud rappers or investors out there who, once they acquired a solid level of wealth, were literally swimming in p***y.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Self improvement is very important. Otherwise you end up on HA :mrgreen:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/ ... stimonial/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Mercer wrote:
Why people hate you:

1. You are ugly

No amount of self improvement can fix this. There are plenty of losers who have no problems getting girlfriends or being popular simply because they are good looking and are neurotypical. Self improvement is a scam that is blaming people for being treated badly due to their genetics.
Come on, be reasonable! Self-improvement is just a term for literally any number of methods a person could use to improve their life and achieve the goals they want in life!

Saying it's a scam is logically equivalent to saying that martial arts training schools are a "scam" just because some of them don't work as well as others (though opinions tend to vary), it's just completely senseless.

I'm not trying to insult any one on this, but if any of you who are so drenching in negativity that you actually believe something this irrationally defeatist, well you are not doing yourselves any favors! :o

If I named my favorite self-improvement book out there: Mark Minervini's "Mindset Secrets for Winning."
He averages over 200% returns as a stock trader and has documented his winnings in audited championships, so there's substantiation that good self-improvement material does, in fact, work, and help people change their lives. It has a lot of good information on explicit techniques and goal-setting and time management strategies, but best of all focuses on the issues people have with needing to improve their self-image.

On that note about totally irrational defeatism caused by self-image issues:

Some of the completely pointless hopelessly negative counterproductive disinfo I'm seeing coming from people in the present day manosphere keeps up this implication that you have to be good-looking to have good social interactions and get laid, attract women, etc, while ignoring the objective fact that a lot of the most successful ladies' men and PUAs out there are flat-out funny looking with zero "SMV," which is why they applied themselves to the study and practice of "seduction"/scoring with women to begin with, then they learned how to get more women than they even have time for.
Why do all these funny looking betas of every race/ethnicity score so much after they learn it and practice getting better at it, while other guys (sometimes even good looking ones) have got it into their heads that they for some reason can't learn it, and anything that could lead to some positive change is a "scam"?!? :?
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

The PUA industry is the biggest self improvement scam out there. They say if you just buy their courses or go to their seminars, you will easily start dating and having sex with women who look like this:

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

WilliamSmith wrote:
August 27th, 2022, 2:38 pm
Mercer wrote:
Why people hate you:

1. You are ugly

Come on, be reasonable! Self-improvement is just a term for literally any number of methods a person could use to improve their life and achieve the goals they want in life!

Saying it's a scam is logically equivalent to saying that martial arts training schools are a "scam" just because some of them don't work as well as others (though opinions tend to vary), it's just completely senseless.

I'm not trying to insult any one on this, but if any of you who are so drenching in negativity that you actually believe something this irrationally defeatist, well you are not doing yourselves any favors! :o

If I named my favorite self-improvement book out there: Mark Minervini's "Mindset Secrets for Winning."
He averages over 200% returns as a stock trader and has documented his winnings in audited championships, so there's substantiation that good self-improvement material does, in fact, work, and help people change their lives. It has a lot of good information on explicit techniques and goal-setting and time management strategies, but best of all focuses on the issues people have with needing to improve their self-image.

On that note about totally irrational defeatism caused by self-image issues:

Some of the completely pointless hopelessly negative counterproductive disinfo I'm seeing coming from people in the present day manosphere keeps up this implication that you have to be good-looking to have good social interactions and get laid, attract women, etc, while ignoring the objective fact that a lot of the most successful ladies' men and PUAs out there are flat-out funny looking with zero "SMV," which is why they applied themselves to the study and practice of "seduction"/scoring with women to begin with, then they learned how to get more women than they even have time for.
Why do all these funny looking betas of every race/ethnicity score so much after they learn it and practice getting better at it, while other guys (sometimes even good looking ones) have got it into their heads that they for some reason can't learn it, and anything that could lead to some positive change is a "scam"?!? :?
Finally a bit of sanity. One has to use critical thinking to figure out the scammers.

WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

If you think the courses or seminars are all "scams," then don't pay for any of them @jamesbond !! :wink: I never did:
jamesbond wrote:
August 27th, 2022, 6:59 pm
The PUA industry is the biggest self improvement scam out there. They say if you just buy their courses or go to their seminars, you will easily start dating and having sex with women who look like this:

The PUA and seduction scene covers a lot, though (as opposed to any "industry" you define more narrowly), and I'd guess most of the good red pill info you can get free, not to mention more PUA and sex and seduction ebooks are probably floating around places like archive.org and pdfdrive that you could probably find at least something you could adapt into a personal routine that works for you, at a total cost of $0.00.

I got more expansive on the subject, but decided to make another thread instead of wasting more time on a thread with the just downright comedic title "Self improvement is a scam," which like I said has the same truth and logic as saying "Sailing courses are all scams," "Martial arts is a scam," "Aquaponics is a scam," "Foreign language courses are all scams and can't teach you anything about any foreign language," etc.
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
CaptainSkelebob
Freshman Poster

Post by CaptainSkelebob »

"Self improvement is a scam" said every lazy gen-z fatso sat in his throne of pizza boxes and living on welfare :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Self-Improvement and Motivational Psychology”