Is spanking children effective and necessary?

Discuss personal development, self-improvement and motivational psychology.
Truthville
Freshman Poster

Post by Truthville »

Ahh Winston,

Touched a little bit of a nerve, huh?

Why so defensive?

Why so angry "Mr. Spiritual and Peaceful" guru?

Why the spiteful name-calling MR. NPD?

Usually people are defensive when they are called on their bad behavior, and they KNOW they deserve it!

Let me put it to you this way.

I NEVER "walked" in on my father masterbating!

I NEVER "walked" in on my parent's having sex!

MY Father would take a bullet for me!

I love, respect and honor my father because of the support he has and continues to give to me.

MY Father is a man whom didn't run from his responsibilities JUST because things got tough or it cut into his "Me" time, or limited his life in anyway.

You see Winston, my father isn't perfect BUT at least he tried to do the right thing by me, and I appreciate everything he's done for me.

Strange and abnormal in your childish, twisted view, I know BUT totally true.

Fathers are marginalized in this society and THAT makes me angry!

Being a father is MORE that just dumping your seed into a waiting vagina, and then providing money.

IF you don't want people to call you on your Bullshit Winston, STOP POSTING IT! Seriously!

I come here to read from some of the posters here WHOM actually have some interesting to say, BUT I'll happily leave!

TruthVille
swincor
Freshman Poster

Post by swincor »

Winston wrote:Look, I support my son and keep him fed and clothed. That's already great and other people say that that puts me above other guys. But according to you guys, despite all that, I'm suddenly "a bad horrible despicable father" simply cause my son walks in while I'm jerking off? Big f***ing deal! You guys are f***ing sick!

Why bother telling us you're keeping your son fed and clothed? To prove to us that you're a "good" father? What for? You're clearly not one, IMO. And you don't care either.

Hell, why even keep him fed and clothed at all?

According to you:
"you lose your peace of mind due to the tricks of nature and the conditioning of society to 'work and raise a family' which is not really worth it, since peace of mind is the most important thing you can have. (and yes it's more important than having children)."

And again from you:
"he isn't the center of my world just cause society says he's supposed to be."
"Kids don't come first in my book. I have many other passions and interests that come first."
"It is not true that children provide more satisfaction than one's hobbies."
And finally:
"I wouldn't want to devote all my attention to [kids]. That's why I don't have pets either. And if I did, it would be a cat, since they are independent and don't give a shit about you most of the time. "
So OTOH, you express open contempt for the whole notion of fatherhood, for what you believe is the way society conditions fathers to be selfless. Yet here you are defending yourself as a father who feeds and clothes his own kid! Strange.

Again, given your utter disdain for society's rules, for its conditioning and its obligations imposed on parents, why are you even feeding and clothing your kid at all? Your actions make no sense at all. You express open dislike for being a father or putting up with the responsibilities of being one. Not only that, you bail on your responsibilities quite frequently, and for long periods of time too. You're just another absent father. So why did you ever bother having a kid in the first place?

And you seriously ask for parental advice on how to discipline an unruly child? How laughable!

And what "tricks of nature" are you talking about? The fact that you got your girlfriend pregnant? No, Winston, you CHOSE to get her pregnant. You could have easily gotten around the "tricks of nature" just like any other guy by using birth control. If you didn't want to deal with a kid, then you never should have gotten her pregnant.

Another thing, Winston: don't expect to get sympathy or hand holding posts every time you relate another story of irresponsible behavior. You're asking for opinions, and you're getting them.