Banking In Mexico

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Banking In Mexico

Post by Jester »

Ran across this guys blogpost, seems to contain info not available elsewhere.

http://rollybrook.com/money.htm
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Bank of America no longer waves the ATM fees from Santander. You can use credit cards at Costco, Wal-Mart, Telnor and many other places. It's good to find a credit card that waves any foreign exchange fees.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

I guess if you have a Charles Schwab money market account, all ATM fees are refunded.

I should get one of those.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Jester wrote:I guess if you have a Charles Schwab money market account, all ATM fees are refunded.

I should get one of those.
It's a good idea to get the account while you still are living in the US. They require a US residence address to open an account. They wouldn't even accept my US PO Box. It has to be a residence.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

MrPeabody wrote:
It's a good idea to get the account while you still are living in the US. They require a US residence address to open an account. They wouldn't even accept my US PO Box. It has to be a residence.
Yeah you're right.

I am using my mom's address for banking right now. If I gave a Mexican address my major US bank would drop me cold.