Why are things in America more expensive now than before?!

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Why are things in America more expensive now than before

Post by Winston »

zacb wrote: First to answer Winston, no we are not. I know the PT movement is advocating this (Jeff Berwick, Doug Casey, and Simon Black). But not many others.

I am thinking Argentina, but citizenship in Uruguay. That is what I am aiming for. Then biz yet elsewhere.
What's the PT movement? I'm talking about the alternative media such as Alex Jones, David Icke, the 9/11 Truth movement, etc. They all advocate staying in your own country and claim that everywhere sucks now because the NWO has tentacles everywhere, and that there are no benefits to living overseas, which is NOT true. They also believe that people everywhere are the same and that cultural differences are trivial. In that sense, they are very politically correct. So much for them claiming to be "fearless truth seekers".

Probably, the alternative media and conspiracy movement considers it unpatriotic to move overseas. So they'd rather stay on the sinking Titanic, which is foolish.

Even though David Icke has been to many countries, he is ZERO when it comes to cultural comparison and analysis. All that matters to him is the NWO/Illuminati. Everything else is irrelevant. He has claimed that people are the same everywhere. For a fearless truth seeker not afraid to speak his mind, he sure is politically correct.

Jesse Ventura lives in Mexico, but he does not talk about the benefits of living there. Probably, he knows that it will turn off his fans if he does.

No one seems to talk about the benefits and advantages of living abroad. Not even other expat sites do. Other expat sites only tell you where to go in foreign cities to have fun, eat, see attractions, or meet other expats. They are like informational directories. They do not give any reasons to go overseas or list any advantages or benefits of other countries over America, because to compare cultures and make one sound better than another is politically incorrect.

The only politically correct reason to live overseas is "to experience another culture". But you aren't allowed to list specific advantages, benefits or reasons like we do. You can list cost of living as a reason I guess, but definitely not that "women overseas are more approachable". For some reason, that's a total taboo, even in the fearless truth seeking alternative media.

So you see, we really are the only ones that openly and seriously mention the benefits and advantages of going abroad. Isn't that odd?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston for you because you are Asian it may be different, but the point being made is if you are European when you go somewhere else you do not want to stick out. I made the point they are spraying CHEM trails all over the world and where they do this will give you a good idea where the British US connection has alot of control.

Even if a place is not connected to the matrix all the way today then how long is it before the system catches up and has full control of that area. I am feeling more and more you cannot run from this for long, all the issues are coming to a head this century and I am pretty sure the end result is going to be one hell of a die off of the human race.

I guess it all kinda depends on where you fit in best for you, Joel Skousen makes the point that if you are European America is still one of the best places even though it's sucking bad in alot of ways. Most are just saying this system is taking the world over and you do not want to stick out, what works for some may not work for some others.
Time to Hide!
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

The citizens are basically footing the bill for the federal reserve. They rack up the debt, they make the citizens pay it. And most citizens have agreed to do this.
Excalibur
Freshman Poster

Post by Excalibur »

Winston wrote:
I don't understand your point. Some things in the Philippines are more expensive than in the US too. But the US still has a far higher cost of living than the Philippines. Try going to a hospital in the US without medical insurance and ask what the costs are. lol

In Ukraine, the exchange rate is 1 dollar = 8 grivnas, which is higher than when I was there. Before it was 1 dollar = 5 grivnas. When I was in Dnepropetrovsk, a ride on a little cruise ship cost 5 grivnas per person. That's really cheap.

The point is, there aren't just social, dating and psychological benefits to moving overseas. There are financial ones too. If you earn money in US dollars, your dollar can buy more in most other countries. Cost of living and prices in the US are out of control and unreasonable.
Of course you can buy more with US dollars in other countries - but you are assuming that you earn the same income as in the US. Is this assumption fair? If you move to a different country, you need to quit your job in the US and look for a new one abroad. Does it pay you as much as in the US? No, I bet it only pays you a small fraction if you live in the Philippines (where you get paid in Pesos). Yes, overall living cost may be considerably less expensive in the Philippines than in the US, but again, how much money does the same type of job pay you over there?

Measuring the cost of living in nominal Dollar amounts is therefore inaccurate. A better way would be to state how many hours you need to work in your job to buy an identical "basket" of goods (including rent, groceries, gas, health care, etc.).
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

C.J. wrote:The citizens are basically footing the bill for the federal reserve. They rack up the debt, they make the citizens pay it. And most citizens have agreed to do this.
It's more like we are under the foot of the Federal Reserve, paying the bill is just a small part of it.

The system allows them to steal the world and subjugate the rest of us to their wishes buy burying us in fictional debt they make up. It's the greatest con job ever and most still do not understand what it does, like for instance Winston. He talks about having insurance in this thread, insurance is just a fallacy as for things being cheaper for you when something goes bad because the working class are still propping the insurance class up through monthly payments so all insurance is is another layer of wealth redistribution built into the system for the insurers.

The prices will actually be higher now with insurance because it is another class eating a slice of the pie, the producers in this world need to quit being so dam stupid and decide they have had enough of the non producers taking the majority share with legal fiction and a accounting gimmick. You are going to find the same people own controlling stocks in all these big insurance companies and if anything should arise where they go bankrupt and they are favored by the credit monopoly the credit monopoly just counterfeits more money and bails them out and the producers pay the cost through higher inflationary pricing.

This thing is the greatest most fraudulent con ever and people have a hard time grasping just what a fraud it is and the way it allows the purchasing tickets to be showered where the producer of them see fit, weather you like it or not they have total control over our lives by being able to redistribute all wealth with this accounting gimmick. What makes it go is the masses are to stupid to see it.
Last edited by Moretorque on August 25th, 2013, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Winston wrote:
Excalibur wrote:
Winston wrote:Why doesn't anyone else except us propose the solution of leaving the country?
And what country would you recommend anyone moving into? Have you actually compared prices for goods and services between different countries? And not just the nominal prices - but the costs of living relative to one's income.

I have been to Ukraine recently and I can tell you that, for example, gas and restaurants are often time MORE expensive than in the US. Here a few examples:

- 1 Liter of gasoline costs around 11 Hryvna, which translates into over $5 per gallon! In Holland, it's even $8.50!
- Having a filling dinner at a good restaurant requires no less than 100 Hryvna per person, which is $12.30 - and that is without drink refills. (Oh yes, you have to pay for water separately, too, while it is complementary in most US restaurants).
- Talking about beverages: Soda is even a little more expensive than in the US, and the price for a 2-Liter pack of fresh orange juice is ca. 22 Hryvna ($2.70). In the US, I can get the same amount for $3.50.
- OK, public transportation is dirt cheap (except flights). A trip from Kiev to Simferopol by train (almost 500 miles) is only $20 in the "economy class". If you want to travel in an air-conditioned first class, you pay $100.

Yes, most products are more expensive in the US by a low amount, but have you also considered the fact that an income of $300 per month is considered a good income for an average Ukrainian in a typical city? If not, consider US to be one of the cheapest place for food and gas and stop whining!
There has been inflation in almost every country in this world - in many other countries it's even higher than in the US (and Ukraine is one of them). The countries that have had low inflation are the ones that have been outrageously expensive first place (like Switzerland or Japan).

And as far as Disneyland: It is a profit-maximizing business, and since we operate on a free market economy, the guys can charge whatever they want. That's capitalism for you.
I don't understand your point. Some things in the Philippines are more expensive than in the US too. But the US still has a far higher cost of living than the Philippines. Try going to a hospital in the US without medical insurance and ask what the costs are. lol

In Ukraine, the exchange rate is 1 dollar = 8 grivnas, which is higher than when I was there. Before it was 1 dollar = 5 grivnas. When I was in Dnepropetrovsk, a ride on a little cruise ship cost 5 grivnas per person. That's really cheap.

The point is, there aren't just social, dating and psychological benefits to moving overseas. There are financial ones too. If you earn money in US dollars, your dollar can buy more in most other countries. Cost of living and prices in the US are out of control and unreasonable.
Who decides the exchange rates Sir Winston Wu?, that is right Mr. Wu all this is done behind closed doors by the 5th plank in the communist manifesto " An Exclusive Credit monopoly". It's a con where they decide what our labor is worth rather than a free market. A counterfeiting middle man has hijacked the world!

Come on Mr. Wu, please figure it out.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
zacb wrote: I know the PT movement is advocating this (Jeff Berwick, Doug Casey, and Simon Black).
What's the PT movement?
Winston -- surely you're kidding - right?

Winston wrote: I'm talking about the alternative media such as Alex Jones, David Icke, the 9/11 Truth movement, etc. They all advocate staying in your own country and claim that everywhere sucks now because the NWO has tentacles everywhere, and that there are no benefits to living overseas, which is NOT true. They also believe that people everywhere are the same and that cultural differences are trivial. In that sense, they are very politically correct. So much for them claiming to be "fearless truth seekers".

Probably, the alternative media and conspiracy movement considers it unpatriotic to move overseas. So they'd rather stay on the sinking Titanic, which is foolish...
I've read a lot of Alex Jones, and have not seen anything for or against moving abroad. So I don't think your criticism is founded on anything. Jones has wife and kids here, with roots going back to Texan Independence I believe. If a married man, who is financially successful, stays here and prepares to fight, this is not irrational. If I had an unbroken family, happy children giving me grandchildren, and a successful business, I might stay too. Buy some guns, sure, but stay.

For me - and I think for you too, Winston - the BIGGEST reason to leave is LONELINESS. It is not reasonable to expect happily married men to worry about our situation.

Winston wrote: No one seems to talk about the benefits and advantages of living abroad. Not even other expat sites do. Other expat sites only tell you where to go in foreign cities to have fun, eat, see attractions, or meet other expats. They are like informational directories. They do not give any reasons to go overseas or list any advantages or benefits of other countries over America, because to compare cultures and make one sound better than another is politically incorrect.

The only politically correct reason to live overseas is "to experience another culture". But you aren't allowed to list specific advantages, benefits or reasons like we do. You can list cost of living as a reason I guess, but definitely not that "women overseas are more approachable". For some reason, that's a total taboo, even in the fearless truth seeking alternative media.

So you see, we really are the only ones that openly and seriously mention the benefits and advantages of going abroad. Isn't that odd?
Here I'll agree with you. Other people tiptoe around some of the stuff.

I get disgusted by sites that focus on Guayacquil Ecuador just because a restaurant meal for a geriatric couple costs only $30 U.S. This is expat-ing for people who are barely alive inside.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Excalibur wrote:
Winston wrote:

Of course you can buy more with US dollars in other countries - but you are assuming that you earn the same income as in the US. Is this assumption fair? If you move to a different country, you need to quit your job in the US and look for a new one abroad. Does it pay you as much as in the US? No, I bet it only pays you a small fraction if you live in the Philippines (where you get paid in Pesos). Yes, overall living cost may be considerably less expensive in the Philippines than in the US, but again, how much money does the same type of job pay you over there?

Measuring the cost of living in nominal Dollar amounts is therefore inaccurate. A better way would be to state how many hours you need to work in your job to buy an identical "basket" of goods (including rent, groceries, gas, health care, etc.).
Great idea. This also might change the way we look at "high cost" countries like Norway. Maybe they are good deals after all??
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
Jester wrote: Added to my list of reasons "Why I'm Leaving".
When will you be leaving and where too? I was just asking Falcon who happens to be here in Taipei about this today lol. Whats keeping Jester from being HA? He's been here for awhile but stays in USA. Just curious.
(1) Soon.

(2) Mexico.

(3) Money.

Damn good questions, btw.
:!: :!: :!: :!:
Great! Hope soon means less than a year. Surprised at 3, I always imagined u as rolling in the dough, plus I would expect that living in Mexico is a lot cheaper than living in SoCal. When u go down to Mexico, perhaps u can meet Fred (Fredoneverything) who I believe is in Guadalajara. That sounds like a good place to expat to.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

,iuuuuuuuuuuuu
Last edited by Moretorque on August 25th, 2013, 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rock wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
When will you be leaving and where too? I was just asking Falcon who happens to be here in Taipei about this today lol. Whats keeping Jester from being HA? He's been here for awhile but stays in USA. Just curious.
(1) Soon.

(2) Mexico.

(3) Money.

Great! Hope soon means less than a year. Surprised at 3, I always imagined u as rolling in the dough.....

Well, that's the impression I try to give. Better that I don't use THIS guy as my avatar, eh:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... AA&dur=153

Anyway from your lips to God's ears!

Rock wrote: When u go down to Mexico, perhaps u can meet Fred (Fredoneverything) who I believe is in Guadalajara. That sounds like a good place to expat to.
I SHOULD go see him. What a character!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
Jester wrote:
Rock wrote:
(1) Soon.

(2) Mexico.

(3) Money.

Great! Hope soon means less than a year. Surprised at 3, I always imagined u as rolling in the dough.....

Well, that's the impression I try to give. Better that I don't use THIS guy as my avatar, eh:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... AA&dur=153

Rock wrote: When u go down to Mexico, perhaps u can meet Fred (Fredoneverything) who I believe is in Guadalajara. That sounds like a good place to expat to.
I SHOULD go see him. What a character!
We all end up broke under this system unless you either produce the purchasing tickets or are favored by the people who do!
Time to Hide!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Moretorque wrote:
Jester wrote:
We all end up broke under this system unless you either produce the purchasing tickets or are favored by the people who do!
Elites have sought to extract more than is sutainable from the governed masses ever since Pharoah. The Rothschild cartel has perfected and maximized extraction. Optimized herd management.

So I agree with you.

And YET - SOME entrepreneurial individuals DO build up wealth, in spite of various roadblocks and controls.

And the PTB's vampiric system in fact may in fact NEED this fresh blood, continually.

A person can get to a certain point on their own... and then if they are both wealthy AND in the public eye they are encouraged to go public or give up control (Ted Turner, Peter Thiel), or whipped into line through financial reverses (Donald Trump, Nelson Bunker Hunt) or else jailed (Martha Stewart, Leona Helmsley, Allen Stanford). If you keep a low profile, and understand the way the System works, and do not oppose it, you can make and keep billions.

If you're outspoken, just a few tens of millions or even less can make you a target. And of course forget being a government contractor.

But there ARE ways to live.

I'm not suggesting that most of the people I've named are paragons of virtue, for the rest of us to imitate. But there are plenty of guys earning mid-six-figures (as in USD 200,000 to 800,000 a year) who are doing nothing immoral.

Life is unfair, but while we are alive we DO have a chance.

I guess I see "getting rich" like I see "going abroad". A guy shouldn't HAVE to do either one, just to have a decent life. But thank God - we CAN.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Jester wrote:
Moretorque wrote:
Jester wrote:
Elites have sought to extract more than is sutainable from the governed masses ever since Pharoah. The Rothschild cartel has perfected and maximized extraction. Optimized herd management.

So I agree with you.

And YET - SOME entrepreneurial individuals DO build up wealth, in spite of various roadblocks and controls.

And the PTB's vampiric system in fact may in fact NEED this fresh blood, continually.

A person can get to a certain point on their own... and then if they are both wealthy AND in the public eye they are encouraged to go public or give up control (Ted Turner, Peter Thiel), or whipped into line through financial reverses (Donald Trump, Nelson Bunker Hunt) or else jailed (Martha Stewart, Leona Helmsley, Allen Stanford). If you keep a low profile, and understand the way the System works, and do not oppose it, you can make and keep billions.

If you're outspoken, just a few tens of millions or even less can make you a target. And of course forget being a government contractor.

But there ARE ways to live.

I'm not suggesting that most of the people I've named are paragons of virtue, for the rest of us to imitate. But there are plenty of guys earning mid-six-figures (as in USD 200,000 to 800,000 a year) who are doing nothing immoral.

Life is unfair, but while we are alive we DO have a chance.

I guess I see "getting rich" like I see "going abroad". A guy shouldn't HAVE to do either one, just to have a decent life. But thank God - we CAN.
We are at the point now where we grow up or perish!
Time to Hide!
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

The cost of gas has basically tripled since 2000. Also a big real estate boom caused housing prices to skyrocket. And food prices have definitley gone up. Health care and education are also ridiculously expensive (I would just go abroad for a really expensive health care issue).

I basically can't eat for less than $10 these days, (even fast food). It's really expensive these days.

But without a doubt, the cost of living everywhere in the Anglosphere is now expensive-- Australia, Canada, the US, UK, all very expensive. 20 years ago, the US, Canada and Australia were cheap.

I would hightail it to China-- standards of living are pretty decent and cost of living is very low.