Discover Card now has NO foreign transaction fee!

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Discover Card now has NO foreign transaction fee!

Post by Winston »

Discover Card now has no foreign transaction fee! Usually when you use your credit card overseas, there is a 3 percent transaction fee. Discover Card is the only credit card company I know of that doesn't charge this. So if you are planning to use your credit card overseas, I'd recommend getting one. You can apply on their website at:

http://www.discover.com

I just applied for the Discover Miles card and got approved. That one lets you earn airline miles as you use it, one dollar per mile. Is that a good deal? That way, when I use it for airfare, I can earn miles at the same time. You can't apply for that one online though, you have to call them to apply.

Anyone else have a credit card that earns miles? Which is the best one? Is it better to get a credit card from an airline company?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Cause hardly anyone accepts Discover card overseas, as you will find out once you travel and try to use it, ha ha.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Mr S wrote:Cause hardly anyone accepts Discover card overseas, as you will find out once you travel and try to use it, ha ha.
Oh I see. Why not? Maybe at least the large establishments will take it. Either way, I can still use it to purchase airfare and earn miles.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne