Here's A Business Opportunity: Do It or Make Excuses

Discuss issues related to business, finance, taxes, investments, cost of living in different countries, etc.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Here's A Business Opportunity: Do It or Make Excuses

Post by Devil Dog »

I mentioned a business opportunity on another thread. This thread was started by one of the excuse-makers and featured his rationalizations of his shortcomings. Paraphrased: Everybody Else Can Get A Job, But I Can't" I find that there is a large contingency of whiny little bitches on HA who work really hard at making excuses for their problems, whether the problems are lack of women, lack of respect for them in society, lack of money, etc.

The funny thing is that these people are truly hard workers in one respect: They will work hard at making excuses for their failures.

Here is a business opportunity which I will give free of charge to anyone who reads this. All I ask is that if you do this, that your report your results in this thread. I seriously doubt that anyone here will do this. The people who have work and money don't need to, and the broke losers will make excuses for why it will not work for them.

Tools required: A cordless tool like this from Harbor Freight: 12 Volt Cordless Variable Speed Oscillating Multifunction Power Tool, two different grits of abrasive for wet sanding, paper towels, glass cleaner, blue vinyl tape for masking, a camp stool, 1 quart spar urethane, small paint brushes, mineral spirits, a few styrofoam cups. This should all cost around $100.

That list is what you need to have in order to refinish car headlamps. Car headlamps have been made of plastic for many years. This plastic gets a foggy look after a few years, not only making them look bad but also restricting their effectiveness and safety by decreasing their brightness. The headlamps can be replaced or refinished. Replacement is the best option, but even if replacement lamps are fairly inexpensive they are often difficult to remove, replace and adjust. It takes time and is beyond the mechanical ability of the vast majority of people. So even if you can buy a pair of aftermarket replacement headlamps for your car for $75 or so, it will probably cost $100 to $300 more just to have a mechanic remove, replace and adjust the new lamps. And some new headlamps cost hundreds of dollars each, just for the lamp.

There is a huge amount of info on how to do this on the internet. I am not going to take the time to instruct you on a step-by-step because there if a huge amount of info available from experts on the internet. Here is a 31 page thread which is a good place to start. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/sho ... 0-a-6.html Do your own research on the actual mechanics of how to do the reconditioning. Remember, Google is your friend.

Your cost of consumables for each pair of headlamps you restore should be $2 or less. Refinishing a pair of headlamps will take less than an hour, more like 30 minutes or less once you get it down. You sell this service for $40 to $60, whatever the market will bear in your area. Don't be an amateur, charge as much as possible.

Practice on your own car, a friend's car, or a set of shitty old lamps you can buy from a salvage yard. Become comfortable with your ability to do high quality work. Take a really bad old lamp which is removed from a car and refinish half of it, leaving half in the old screwed up condition. You will be taking this headlamp with you when you start selling.

Now you are ready to sell. And selling is where the rubber meets the road. Most of you can't sell. That is why you don't have money and you can't get women. The good news is that it is easy and you can learn quickly. You just have to have balls to give it a try and then refine your script and your technique.

You should be able to make a profit of $150 to $400 per work day. Your work day should consist of two activities: Selling face to face and refinishing car headlamps. YOUR WHOLE DAY should be spent doing those two things ONLY. "Working on your website" is not working. It is jerking off. "Designing your flyers" is not working. It is jerking off. "Preparing your business plan" is not working. It is jerking off. Getting face to face with prospective customers is working. Doing the agreed upon job is working.

Get it?

Here is how you sell this service.

1. Don't make a website. Don't advertise. Don't start a facebook campaign. Don't be a p***y. DO prepare to get face to face with prospective customers and offer your service.

2. But first: Take a shower, get a haircut, wear clean presentable clothes, take out your nose ring and your tongue stud, wear clothing which covers your tattoos. Most of your customers are not jerkoffs, so you don't want to look like a jerkoff. Your first impression should convey that you are competent and reliable, not that you want to sell them some drugs or ask for a handout.

3. Selling the service is this simple: Walk down the street looking for cars which need the service. Knock on the door. Ask if they are the owner of the white mid-90's (for example) Toyota. Launch into your script. You do need a scripted presentation which you know backward forward and sideways. At the point that you have bought your materials, practiced enough that you can refinish headlamps well enough to sell the service, and written a script for yourself if you want to message the script to me I will help you refine it. You will adjust your script after using it so it smooths over problem areas with the sale.

4. Your script will include the following elements:
a. A 1 year money back satisfaction guarantee. You will do far more sales with this offer and refund requests will be rare. Advanced sales technique.
b. As a last resort you will offer to, right now, refinish ONE headlamp on the vehicle. If the prospect is less than 100% happy with the result then that service is free of charge. You will tell the customer "If you are less than 100% impressed with the result on that one headlamp I will thank you for your time, I will thank you for the opportunity to work on that one lamp, and you will owe me nothing". If the prospect is happy with the result then you do the other headlamp and you are paid for the pair. Always do the worse looking one first because that will highlight the difference between the unrepaired and the repaired better.

5. Make a few sales. Now you can print out some flyers and have some basic business cards made. After you have done 1-4 I will help you with the brochures and the card design.

6. The next step of selling will involve walking into businesses and going to car lots. Different techniques and different scripts are needed. I will advise you on this AFTER you have become competent in 1 - 5 above. There are a couple of points which you can explain in order to make it a no-brainer for a car lot owner to use your service.

7. Upsell. There is a somewhat similar service which you can offer in addition to headlamp restoration. You have the tools and materials already. I will share this with you AFTER you have accomplished 1-6 above.

Questions? Excuses?
DarrylJenks
Freshman Poster

Re: Here's A Business Opportunity: Do It or Make Excuses

Post by DarrylJenks »

Here's another idea if you don't want to refinish car headlamps http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/lbs/4829007066.html

Just write something simple: I'm a young college student, blah blah blah, I just moved here, blah blah, great team player, professional, courteous, highly adaptable, quick to learn new systems and procedures, resourceful, physically fit, hardworking and efficient. I get things done on time, and in an organized and capable way. I have done just about every kind of odd job from construction to retail. I used to work for an on-demand staffing service and they were extremely satisfied. Anyway, yard work, tree service, moving, painting or any odd jobs. LET ME KNOW!! I'm ready to work and learn quickly. Call today! Very affordable rates.

Include a picture.

My russia associate was making over $1000/week during the summer with no papers. Plus free dinners, clothing, etc. A lot of people are lonely and will basically pay you to be there friend if you're somewhat decent.
Aut Vincere Aut Mors
DarrylJenks
Freshman Poster

Post by DarrylJenks »

Of course, most people here are full-blown autis (https://xsplat.wordpress.com/2014/12/17 ... -autistics) with their weird incel theories.
Aut Vincere Aut Mors
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

That's pretty good DD, brakelights can be done too, those become dull as well.
"Working on your website" is not working. It is jerking off. "Designing your flyers" is not working. It is jerking off. "Preparing your business plan" is not working. It is jerking off. Getting face to face with prospective customers is working. Doing the agreed upon job is working.
+1 lol
2. But first: Take a shower, get a haircut, wear clean presentable clothes, take out your nose ring and your tongue stud, wear clothing which covers your tattoos. Most of your customers are not jerkoffs, so you don't want to look like a jerkoff. Your first impression should convey that you are competent and reliable, not that you want to sell them some drugs or ask for a handout.
+1
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on February 29th, 2020, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Ghost wrote:Well, I'll give it points for originality. I haven't heard of doing this before.

Is this your business? How long did it take you to achieve success (if you did)? Where are you located? (To get an idea of the market you have to work with)?

I thought this was particularly funny:
You should be able to make a profit of $150 to $400 per work day.
From the thread DD linked:
Howdy neighbor..........whats the going rate there in O-town? I've recently run into some competition here. Someone running around doing headlights for $25 a set!! I dunno how they can make any money like that, considering the time and effort involved. I'm lucky to have one dealer that loves my work and sticks with me. He told me about the $25 person and how he told them....."No thanks, I've got a guy already"
Darryl's idea sounds better, more workable.
Yeah, $150 to $400 per day is pretty funny to a broke guy, right? I am not going to answer your dipshit questions. I don't need to prove anything to you. I did what I said I would do. I laid out an outline for a business, one which is fairly easy and is lucrative by the standards of most of you.

You did what I said you would do. You looked at it. Your mind determined that it would not work for you. Of course nothing works for you. Everything is too difficult.

Darryl's idea sounds better? Of course it sounds better to you. It sounds better because it is reactive rather than proactive. It sounds better because all you have to do is place an ad and then wait for the phone to ring. It sounds better because you don't have to do anything scary like knock on a door and talk to a scary person who you don't know.

But it doesn't matter. You won't do either. In fact, you won't do anything except complain.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Devil Dog, thank you for a GREAT OP.

THIS, gentlemen, is true friendship. Harsh tone and all.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
DarrylJenks
Freshman Poster

Post by DarrylJenks »

Devil Dog wrote:
Ghost wrote:Well, I'll give it points for originality. I haven't heard of doing this before.

Is this your business? How long did it take you to achieve success (if you did)? Where are you located? (To get an idea of the market you have to work with)?

Howdy neighbor..........whats the going rate there in O-town? I've recently run into some competition here. Someone running around doing headlights for $25 a set!! I dunno how they can make any money like that, considering the time and effort involved. I'm lucky to have one dealer that loves my work and sticks with me. He told me about the $25 person and how he told them....."No thanks, I've got a guy already"
Yeah, $150 to $400 per day is pretty funny to a broke guy, right? I am not going to answer your dipshit questions. I don't need to prove anything to you. I did what I said I would do. I laid out an outline for a business, one which is fairly easy and is lucrative by the standards of most of you.

You did what I said you would do. You looked at it. Your mind determined that it would not work for you. Of course nothing works for you. Everything is too difficult.

Darryl's idea sounds better? Of course it sounds better to you. It sounds better because it is reactive rather than proactive. It sounds better because all you have to do is place an ad and then wait for the phone to ring. It sounds better because you don't have to do anything scary like knock on a door and talk to a scary person who you don't know.

But it doesn't matter. You won't do either. In fact, you won't do anything except complain.
My idea is actually a lot more adaptable and better thought out than yours. A user of my system can incorporate headlamps into their services as the odds and ends guy. They can then expand to tasks like rides to the airport, clean the garage, pick-up groceries, which I estimate cost in the range $20 to $100. Once you feel comfortable as the odds and ends guy, you can take it to the next level by incorporating knocking on doors (flyers, postcards, etc) or standing in front of Ikea (let me give you a hand with that for $25).

If you look at something like TaskRabbit, they claim to be seeing 9,000 tasks a month with the average task costing $60. And that's just in 4 cities. However, TaskRabbit is complete shit now. They took in over $6 million in funding and now they are under pressure to produce.

http://valleywag.gawker.com/if-taskrabb ... 1609221541

I'm thinking of doing a project like taskrabbit. Only I'll help people get set up (t-shirt, postcards, etc) and then just charge them a monthly fee to be listed on my website. $40 + 300 guys = $12,000/mo. Not bad.

:twisted:
Aut Vincere Aut Mors
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

DarrylJenks wrote:
I'm thinking of doing a project like taskrabbit. Only I'll help people get set up (t-shirt, postcards, etc) and then just charge them a monthly fee to be listed on my website. $40 + 300 guys = $12,000/mo. Not bad.

Darryl is PaloAltoGuy.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Jester wrote:
DarrylJenks wrote: I'm thinking of doing a project like taskrabbit. Only I'll help people get set up (t-shirt, postcards, etc) and then just charge them a monthly fee to be listed on my website. $40 + 300 guys = $12,000/mo. Not bad.
Darryl is PaloAltoGuy.
+1 Lol!
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

DarrylJenks wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

My idea is actually a lot more adaptable and better thought out than yours. A user of my system can incorporate headlamps into their services as the odds and ends guy. They can then expand to tasks like rides to the airport, clean the garage, pick-up groceries, which I estimate cost in the range $20 to $100. Once you feel comfortable as the odds and ends guy, you can take it to the next level by incorporating knocking on doors (flyers, postcards, etc) or standing in front of Ikea (let me give you a hand with that for $25).

If you look at something like TaskRabbit, they claim to be seeing 9,000 tasks a month with the average task costing $60. And that's just in 4 cities. However, TaskRabbit is complete shit now. They took in over $6 million in funding and now they are under pressure to produce.

You miss the point completely. And the point is this: The complainers will not DO anything except complain and make excuses. We could list a proven business idea every day for the next month. None of them will execute any of the plans.
DarrylJenks
Freshman Poster

Post by DarrylJenks »

Devil Dog wrote:
DarrylJenks wrote:
Devil Dog wrote:

You miss the point completely. And the point is this: The complainers will not DO anything except complain and make excuses. We could list a proven business idea every day for the next month. None of them will execute any of the plans.
I was simply addressing what interested me :) Of course these people are not going to do anything but complain and make excuses. That's what makes losers tick. Which is why I enjoy listing all my achievements in their face :lol: In fact, got a new swiss chick today.

Aut Vincere Aut Mors
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

Ghost wrote:
I was simply addressing what interested me :) Of course these people are not going to do anything but complain and make excuses. That's what makes losers tick. Which is why I enjoy listing all my achievements in their face :lol: In fact, got a new swiss chick today.
Yep, there's Paggy. How fitting he decided to come back in such a thread as this.
He gave you a suggestion about putting an ad in Craigslist offering to do odd jobs. You said you like his idea better.

OK. Are you putting an ad in Craigslist? You have a month to work and you can start tomorrow. I know that an overseas English teacher doesn't necessarily have a lot of skills or credentials but surely you have the talent necessary to whip up an Odd Jobs Wanted ad in 30 minutes or so.

Or can you still "not get a job"? What is your excuse now?