It is not you or me, toxicity towards men has been normalized

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
Whale or Pattaya
Freshman Poster

It is not you or me, toxicity towards men has been normalized

Post by Whale or Pattaya »

In my mid twenties I mentioned being insecure once due to having a baby face and inability to grow much facial hair, i told a girl i get mistaken for 17-18 on the regular but the girl told me that it's toxic and dangerous if a guy is insecure, and that if a guy is insecure that's a red flag. But it did hold me back in life. I wasn't dating said girl. This girl was someone who normally has logical opinions, and I argued with her and she eventually understood my point on why her thinking was sort of harsh.

I used to get ribbed at work for looking young, unwanted comments that i looked like a boy not a man. I was not inept at the job. It was only stacking shleves in a supermarket. I reported it and none was sacked. Now if a woman faced such comments at work due to her appearance, people would be sacked. Why is this toxic behaviour towards men allowed?

I think anytime men talk about certain things, we get slammed and it's sort of a harsh world to be a man.

We talk about body shaming with women (which I agree is wrong if its face to face) but it sort of feel like it doesn't go both ways.

If a guy is unattracted to a lady by her looks for what ever reason (usually 90% of the time though its because she's obese or overfat), it's body shaming.

If a girl is unattracted to a guy by his looks for being fat, skinny, short, bald, not facially handsome, too baby faced or a different ethnic group, it's preferences.

I feel like not being interested in someone for whatever reason you have is valid, discussing what your reasons are in conversation is valid. But telling someone in a rude way why you're uninterested is mean.

We could also include age differences. If a 33yo man asks out an 19yo he's a predator, a creep or considered inept with women his own age. If a 33yo woman asks out an 19yo guy she's offering the lad some sexual and romantic opportunity. I remember this playing out once when there was a 19yo guy in college class that hooked up with a 33yo hairdressing who was cutting his hair at the local gents salon. Nobody battered an eyelid about the age difference. Now if a 33yo man had hit on a 19yo gal... you would hear shaming language directed towards the man.

Another example could be a guy age 30 who uses public transport and doesn't have a car. He's considered a loser by most because he "should" have gotten a drivers license over 10 years ago. To many women he is undateable.

A man calling a 30yo woman who has no license and uses public transportation a "loser" or not date-worthy will be see as nothing more than an asshole, or a picky, bigoted piece of shit.

Anyways what's your opinions?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

kukushka
Freshman Poster

Re: It is not you or me, toxicity towards men has been normalized

Post by kukushka »

men and women are inherently different and possess different intrinsic value. biologically speaking women are a more rare and valuable resource while men are expendable (hypothetically speaking, one man on an island with 1000 women can repopulate earth, one woman on an island with 1000 men will likely result in human extinction). anyways my point is that since women are implicitly understood to be more valuable, this (rightly or wrongly) gives them more leeway in society