Advice: Don't Date Olivia Rodrigo

Discuss what's wrong with American women. Share problems, experiences and stories about them and why they suck so bad that you've had to resort to dating abroad and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Advice: Don't Date Olivia Rodrigo

Post by MrMan »

I don't really keep up with pop culture, but for about a year or a year and a half, I'd hear songs about experience with heartbreak and a breakup from what sounded like the same singer on the radio.

My kids said it was Olivia Rodrigo, a girl that used to be on Bizaardvark. I remember that TV show when we were in a one-bedroom apartment at the beach in 2009. She won awards for these songs, probably because the music is appealing and the lyrics are so gut wrenching and emotional.

So I looked her up. I'd say she's an 8 for looks all made up, a nice-looking girl. She's half Filipina (I thought Hispanic) but apparently raised around the entertainment industry in the US.

Anyway, my advice is, if you get a chance to date this girl and think she's nice-looking and sings well. Be warned! If you break up with her, she may make a whole album about you. People would be singing along about who you broke this girls heart. It might get other girls interested in you because of hypergamy, but I suspect the kind of girls most susceptible to that sort of thing have some mental and emotional flaws. And I'd imagine the chance of getting your car egged or house TPed or some sort of violence against you would go up if millions of people are listening to songs about how you didn't follow through with what you supposedly told some cute singer on the radio.

And not only that, but you may look out the window and see your ex-girlfriend driving alone 'down your street' the time. If a guy sang that, he might be considered a potential stalker.

I'm wondering if any of the young men are wary of dating her because she kept singing songs publicly about her relationship. I figure there are probably a lot of young men for whom this danger doesn't hit home, who would want to white knight for a celebrity girl.

All that being said, I read she still lived with her parents for a long time and when she got an apartment, they are there all the time. She could be a 'nice girl' in other ways. It just seems a little uncool to write a breakup song about some other individual and have a pretty large segment of the country listen to it all the time when they can probably figure out who you are singing about.