Dongguan China

Moderated area for expat living and dating discussions. Members only. Must qualify with good knowledge, experience, character to be member and participate. See guidelines inside. Civil behavior only. No trolls, attacks or insults.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Dongguan China

Post by zboy1 »

Looks like I'm headed there soon. I enjoyed Shenzhen but I look forward to teaching in another city in China.

Does anyone have any info about the city, including your own experiences and tales you would like to discuss on this particular subject?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Well I googled "Dongguan China" just to see where it was.

But just LOOK what I found:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -City.html
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

So ZBoy1, what is it exactly that draws you there?

:wink:
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Donguan is an awful combination - huge complexes of hideous factory and apartment block buildings, a ghost town which was supposed to be largest mall in world, and former ground zero for China's P4P until central authorities cracked down on it late last year. Add to that stifling heat and humidity in the summer. At least there's an easy high speed rail link right through Changpin which provides fast access to either Guangzhou or Shenzhen.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 24th, 2016, 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

You could go to ESLCafe.com and see the trip reports there. However, the content on that site tends to be very politically correct. Most people don't have the guts to be no-nonsense or to tell it like it is.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I went there a couple of times although it's a vast place and I only really experienced the tip of a very big iceberg.

Yes it's hot in Summer, I think it was 93C one time I visited and the sun parasols were out in force.

Salaries for normal people are way lower there than in Gz or Sz. But if you can find a good job there, then there are some fabulous semi-rural condos to live in.

It could be a good place to go dating - not many foreigners want to go there. Just be aware that there are plenty of ex-mistresses and the like.

I met 2 awesome Dongguan ladies. Both were completely bonkers and that's why dating in China is so much fun.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jester wrote:Well I googled "Dongguan China" just to see where it was.

But just LOOK what I found:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... -City.html
Should we alert our right-hand man, E-Irizarry? :twisted:
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

I've passed through Dongguan before, and it's a world of its own. Most people there are migrants from other areas. It reminds me of the maquiladora (factory) zones in Tijuana and the pabrik zones of Batam in Indonesia.

What do all these places have in common? These are migrant boom towns, with most of the migrants being domestic but from the other side of the country. People constantly come and go for work, sexuality and mores are looser since there are lots of single young people far from their homes, and there's a booming, vibrant, energetic feel brought on by the forces of 21st-century globalization.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

My dad used to work there as manager of a factory. However, I've never been there. My dad enjoyed it though.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!