Fiance Visas statistics by Year and Country

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Fiance Visas statistics by Year and Country

Post by TopSpruce »

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/e ... visas.html
(See Nonimmigrant Visa Issuances by Visa Class and by Nationality)

If you look at the stats, there are some dramatic trends on there. For example, in 2004 you had 4000 visas for Vietnamese brides, 3600 for the Philippines, 1600 for Russia, and 1100 for Ukraine. China was also high with around 2000 visas, but dropped off quickly.

This is probably the peak year of the foreign bride trend. After that, there is a steady drop to around 800-900 Vietnam visas issued, around 700 for Ukraine and Russia, and an increase in Philippines visas to the 5000-6000 range.

I didn't check N/south American stats too closely, but Columbia, Mexico, and the Dominican Republic are popular. Africa is still mostly untapped with Nigeria, Ghana, and Ethiopia being the most popular but still few visas issued.

The most important trend I note is that the Philippines is still open while interest in Europe has halved and Vietnam is down to a quarter of the peak.

I think this answers the question often posed around here: "Why are there so many posts about the Philippines?"
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Before the internet no body knew much about the Philippines ....The feminine earths energy is strongest in The Philippines SEA region in general. Philippines was part of the old Atlantis.

When men will come to know about the Philippines more and more...The numbers will increase further. SEA region will always have plenty of women as long a planet earth exists.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Bump since some people asked about these stats

I think these stats are an objective way to measure which countries are open.
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Thanks for the bump. A few thousand per year seems rather small. Compared to more than 2 million weddings per year in the USA.

Also, compared to South Korea, Japan and Taiwan

http://www.ined.fr/fichier/t_telecharge ... esa469.pdf

which each import tens of thousands of brides each year.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

starchild5 wrote:Before the internet no body knew much about the Philippines ....The feminine earths energy is strongest in The Philippines SEA region in general. Philippines was part of the old Atlantis.

When men will come to know about the Philippines more and more...The numbers will increase further. SEA region will always have plenty of women as long a planet earth exists.
Back in the late 70's, throughout the 80's, 90's and until the internet matured in the mid 2000's, ads for mail order bride catalogs appeared often in magazines targeting men. Tony Bouche found an ad in Field and Stream. I've seen it in Hustler and other less elegant men's magazines.

It's because of the internet that Elena's models has stop producing its catalog.

The reason why Asian women and Asian countries are popular among White men especially is White men have stereotypical views of Asian women; petite, obedient, submissive, etc. While there is some truth in every stereotype, Western men from California to Sweden are looking at Asia as last resort to look for a bride.

It doesn't hurt that English is widely spoken in many of those countries.

Slavic countries are popular because White men in most cases want White women.

The economic crisis has positively and negatively impacted the MOB (Mail Order Bride). Positive because the crisis has exposed Western women for who and what they are. When the going gets tough, they file for divorce. Since men are still severely impacted by the crisis (unemployment), that leaves the men who are still employed in well paying jobs to look at MOB as an option.

There was an uptick in Visa filings at the end of 2008 and it continues.

This proves once again that the scarcity in the dating pool is completely unfounded for those who want to think outside the box. But with less and less critical thought being taught these days, it's no wonder there's mostly b*tching and less action.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

only 5000 for phil? No wonder most are not looking for foreigners. The odds that the over 100,000 americans a year visiting phil are gonna actually wife them are very low. lets assume half are living in phil so no fiance visa that still is only like 5 percent of annual american visitors.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

Been studying asian women for a while lately. Success rates and real happiness seem to be very high with Filipina. I dont know what country is 2nd but i had high hopes for Japan. However, there's quite a few horror stories out there about them and the patterns make for a lower success rate, IMO.

I wish we could find some stats on a divorce rate for foreign wives...esp those being brought to the US...
marklambo
Junior Poster

Post by marklambo »

Enticer wrote:Been studying asian women for a while lately. Success rates and real happiness seem to be very high with Filipina. I dont know what country is 2nd but i had high hopes for Japan. However, there's quite a few horror stories out there about them and the patterns make for a lower success rate, IMO.

I wish we could find some stats on a divorce rate for foreign wives...esp those being brought to the US...
I forgot where I saw it but from what I remembered, it was somewhere around 20%. There will always be a risk of divorce but the rate is always going to be far lower than with a typical WW
Private Investment Club
3%-5% a month average returns. No trading involved, all collateral based with low risk. PM for details.

Private Jet Flights
PM for details.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

Nice avatar marklambo. Reminds me of all the gyms I visited in Ukraine. Definitely a big bodybuilding culture in the former Soviet states. I met some huge guys in Minsk, including one who was a Mr. Europe champion or something.

I especially love all the basement gyms..lots of hardcore guys there.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

marklambo wrote:
Enticer wrote:Been studying asian women for a while lately. Success rates and real happiness seem to be very high with Filipina. I dont know what country is 2nd but i had high hopes for Japan. However, there's quite a few horror stories out there about them and the patterns make for a lower success rate, IMO.

I forgot where I saw it but from what I remembered, it was somewhere around 20%. There will always be a risk of divorce but the rate is always going to be far lower than with a typical WW
Thanks....i'll be researching this...
pandabear
Veteran Poster

Post by pandabear »

Are foreign brides more common in, say, UK and Scandinavia?
steve55
Junior Poster

Post by steve55 »

As per the USCIS (United States Citizens Immigration Services)

"As quoted word by word from the USCIS report to Congress: “It is interesting to note that, based largely on data provided by the agencies themselves (along with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas report cited above), marriages arranged through these services would appear to have a lower divorce rate than the nation as a whole, fully 80 percent of these marriages having lasted over the years for which reports are available."

See http://www.aila.org/content/fileviewer. ... kid=151742 for proof of the 20% stat above: Source - USCIS Report to congress on International marriage

CAMPBELL LAW REVIEW.

Source: http://law.campbell.edu/lawreview/articles/29-2-311.pdf

"Between 4,000 and 6,000 marriages in the United States are arranged through IMBs each year, yet represent only 0.004% of all marriages in the United States.These marriages have over an eighty percent success rate as opposed to a mere forty-nine percent success rate in the United States as a whole."