Advice for American Man Online Dating a Filipina

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Advice for American Man Online Dating a Filipina

Post by MrMan »

I got to know a fellow who lives in another state back when I was in grad school in the early 2000's. We went to church with him. He's been working at grub hub after not finishing college in his 20's. He made a good housing investment decision during the housing crash, and has worked hard. He's back in school getting his degree in his late 30's.

He's dated Asian students throughout the year, some of them grad students. Girls' parents didn't agree or they weren't serious, or whatever. He's wanted to marry, but it hasn't worked out. A while back he went on a site, started chatting with a girl it turns out he'd met on an Internet forum before. They start video chatting and hit it off. He checks out and verifies her occupation on LinkedIn. She introduced him to her family. Her sister said she hoped he'll marry her. She's in her early '30's...probably over the hill in the Philippines.

He's Facebook chatting with me about his new girlfriend, probably wanting someone with similar experience to share his good news with. He's thinking about a trip there after the COVID restrictions are lessened. I'm not sure if he has a meeting to just check her out and see what she is like or to propose marriage. I suppose it depends on how it goes.

I suggested things he can ask her or others about-- temper, emotional breakdowns, etc. Is there anything else to suggest to a man who wants to cover all his bases?
redfeather
Freshman Poster

Re: Advice for American Man Online Dating a Filipina

Post by redfeather »

Mr Man,

Send me a PM, and I can give you feedback.
Thanks.
Retired Army Colonel (Combat Arms)