Better Chances with 'Tall' Women Online?

Discussion for marriage-minded members seeking foreign brides for marriage and serious long-term relationships.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Better Chances with 'Tall' Women Online?

Post by MrMan »

While reading some of the height discussions in other threads, I started thinking about dating and height in Southeast Asia.

From what I've read, the average Filipina is just under 4'11". The average Filipino man is 5'2" and a quarter. Indonesian men are 5"4' and some change and the women are just a hair over 5 feet, on average.

So let's say you are 5'7" in the US, and you try online dating and get filtered out by girls looking for men who are 6 feet tall. Then you try one of these countries... where they probably look at centimeters so there is no big cut off in their minds at 6 feet, but the average man is about 5'2" or 5'4". So if you are 5'6" or 5'7" in the US, in one of these countries you are tall.

If you think it is hard for a short man to get a date or to get married, think about tall women. Women tend to want men who are taller than them. A lot of men want the woman to be the same height or shorter than they are. Would you want to marry a woman who is taller than you, or shorter, if you want to get married?

Anyway, here is my idea: Since online dating searches apparently let you filter by height, you could focus on women who are over 5'4" or some higher number who are too tall for most men from the country you are looking at, who might be good-looking, but passed over in online searches and in day-to-day life for being so tall.

Has anyone tried this strategy for online dating overseas?