Acceptable age-gaps in the richer parts of Asia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
John_74
Freshman Poster

Acceptable age-gaps in the richer parts of Asia?

Post by John_74 »

I'm a western-European caucasian with slightly above average looks who is considering permanently moving to Japan, Hong Kong or South Korea when I turn 40. My game sucks so I guess I would have to meet someone through the Internet or maybe speed-dating. How young women should I be able to target there for a long-term relationship/marriage?
Last edited by John_74 on February 18th, 2013, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Re: Acceptable age-gaps for in the richer parts of Asia

Post by Anonymous1 »

John_74 wrote:I'm a western-European caucasian with slightly above average looks who is considering permanently moving to Japan, Hong Kong or South Korea when I turn 40. My game sucks so I guess I would have to meet someone through the Internet or maybe speed-dating. How young women should I be able to target there for a long-term relationship/marriage?
30 would be the minimum for you

especially since their will be alot more younger western guys competing as well
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

If age is important to you then China, Thailand or the Phillies are going to be better choices.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Acceptable age-gaps in the richer parts of Asia?

Post by Rock »

John_74 wrote:I'm a western-European caucasian with slightly above average looks who is considering permanently moving to Japan, Hong Kong or South Korea when I turn 40. My game sucks so I guess I would have to meet someone through the Internet or maybe speed-dating. How young women should I be able to target there for a long-term relationship/marriage?
Those r about the worst places in Asia to find women for about any age of westerner. Why not at least consider Taiwan if not China or SE Asia?

I would say girls who are your own age +5 to -15 or so. A lot depends on how young or old you look for your age. Also, if u r in a high position (company and job title, etc.), that can enable you to go younger too.
John_74
Freshman Poster

Re: Acceptable age-gaps in the richer parts of Asia?

Post by John_74 »

Rock wrote:
Those r about the worst places in Asia to find women for about any age of westerner. Why not at least consider Taiwan if not China or SE Asia?

I would say girls who are your own age +5 to -15 or so. A lot depends on how young or old you look for your age. Also, if u r in a high position (company and job title, etc.), that can enable you to go younger too.
The reason I want pick one of those countries is that the salaries are higher there. I want to continue working as a software engineer and make a decent living there.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Working is hard in Asia unless you're a resident. Forget it in China. HK and Singapore are options, but without a local language you'll find it tough. China churns out huge numbers of IT graduates every year.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.