Topless Foreign Waiters In China

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Foreigners can finally get a job in China without having to teach English.

http://www.chinasmack.com/2014/pictures ... iters.html
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I don't think you can get a working permit with such a kind of job. Better continue to be a language teacher.

The question is where is this 'restaurant'? Any address? Or is this article merely a Chinese fake for fun? If really existing I wonder what kind of permit is required in China to run such a business.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

It seemed to be that the idea would be to get a university English teaching job with plenty of time off in a major city and then do these white guy type jobs on the side.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There are loads of "white guy" jobs in China, as well as in places like Japan. Expat boards are full of them.

In China once you have a work permit for a teaching job then you can do any other job, not like in the UK where a work permit now ties you to a particular job (unless you're an EU citizen).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Well there you go Winston!
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

that's racist that it's only for white guys!!
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

xiongmao wrote:There are loads of "white guy" jobs in China, as well as in places like Japan. Expat boards are full of them.

In China once you have a work permit for a teaching job then you can do any other job, not like in the UK where a work permit now ties you to a particular job (unless you're an EU citizen).
From what I've read and have been told, your work visa actually is tied to your job in China. And once you quit (or get laid off) it automatically goes back to a one month tourist visa, or L visa.

Was I informed wrong?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

D_Athlete wrote:From what I've read and have been told, your work visa actually is tied to your job in China. And once you quit (or get laid off) it automatically goes back to a one month tourist visa, or L visa.

Was I informed wrong?
As of last time I checked, you're right, but the difference between China and, say, Korea, is that you are allowed to work at unlimited side jobs on the same permit and many jobs in China are easy enough to give you the time to do so.