Please Help me with Location in Cebu

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Please Help me with Location in Cebu

Post by ComingSoon »

I am trying to decide what is the best location to rent a hotel, or condo, in Cebu.

First, even though I did some research I was lost when I started trying to get my bearings the fist morning in Cebu.
On my first visit I started in Cebu Waterfront hotel. I really did not like this location because I felt isolated. Not close to nightlife, Malls, really nothing. Maybe it was two streets over and I did not know it. I still dont know.
I ended up at a hotel on Feunte circle in Mango. Even though I was now within easy walking distance to mango, I really had not intended to partake in any p4p, though I ended up with a few working girls when I did not have a reg girl.

It seemed that the girls I had met on DIA and had phone numbers for had a very hard time getting into the city, or across town, or wherever the hell they were coming from. I would meet them at E mall but that was a good ways from Feunte Circle. I had thought about staying in the Colon area because it would be near e mall but I have read and understand that there are areas of colon that it is not safe at all to go in at night. Having been there in the daytime I can see that it looks seedy for sure.

In another post 'places to stay in Cebu" The_adventurer says to stay in Lahug area near Ayala. He says nice, safe area with good night life. Im not familiar with this area and it is a long way from the bus terminal and E mall where it seems most of the girls wan to meet. I would love to take this advice if it has good night life and the girls I meet online can get to me.

To make it clear what I am trying to do so that someone can help me with location, I want to meet girls that I have already lined up on Dia. find one or two, or three that I can spend time with. One night or a week or more, depending on how I like them. Simple right?

When I was there it was not so simple. I wasted allot of time trying to meet these girls of whom I did get to meet several and found one that I spent a couple of weeks with until I left.

I am asking what is a good location convenient for the girls to meet me?
Also if anyone wants to tell me that I am going about meeting girls all wrong I am certainly willing to listen to any advise on that subject also.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

davewe
Experienced Poster

Re: Please Help me with Location in Cebu

Post by davewe »

ComingSoon wrote:

I am asking what is a good location convenient for the girls to meet me?
Also if anyone wants to tell me that I am going about meeting girls all wrong I am certainly willing to listen to any advise on that subject also.
Convenient and easy - probably no place. Cebu is large and crowded and just getting across town takes time. That being said I would agree with the recommendation about the Ayala Mall area. Anyone who lives in or around Cebu knows Ayala Mall, the girls like Ayala Mall, there are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops in and around the mall.

So if your only goal is a convenient place to meet girls, I would think that's as good as you're going to get in Cebu City. OTOH, since you have flown thousands of miles, why not check out more of the country or at least more of the island of Cebu? Consider Moalboal. Sounthern Cebu is beautiful. OK, recently the US state department has warned about Southern Cebu but I wouldnt worry much.

You can meet girls anywhere in the Philippines. You might as well get to see places that are a lot more beautiful than a mall.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

davewe wrote:
ComingSoon wrote:

Anyone who lives in or around Cebu knows Ayala Mall, the girls like Ayala Mall, there are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops in and around the mall.
I agree. Either a hotel close to Ayala mall or SM mall would work well. These are both central locations with lots of women, public transportation and shopping so everything you need is right there.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

Thanks for your replies. Davwe, I have traveled around the islands a little. Last trip I went to Bohol with a girl I met and had a blast. I do plan to travel around as much as possible and I have three months to do it. I like to plan ahead some and just could not decide on the best spot in Cebu for a two to four week stay. Having been before I felt I did not really do so well. As you said, nothing is convenient and easy.

I wrote another post asking about renting a motorbike and travel around the whole island. What do you think of that?
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ComingSoon wrote:Thanks for your replies. Davwe, I have traveled around the islands a little. Last trip I went to Bohol with a girl I met and had a blast. I do plan to travel around as much as possible and I have three months to do it. I like to plan ahead some and just could not decide on the best spot in Cebu for a two to four week stay. Having been before I felt I did not really do so well. As you said, nothing is convenient and easy.

I wrote another post asking about renting a motorbike and travel around the whole island. What do you think of that?
Lots of people motorbike around and it is a convenient way to travel, even in the cities, where you can dart around some of the traffic. Everywhere I have been in the Philippines there are rentals, so I don't think finding a bike to rent is a problem. And lots of Filipinas are very familiar with riding on the back of a bike.

I know lots of expats, even older ones, who own bikes. My biggest caveat is safety. Don't get into the Filipino habit of not using a helmet.

Since you have a few months where else are you going to go?
ComingSoon
Freshman Poster

Post by ComingSoon »

Davewe, I had a large list of possibilities? I know what can happen. I find a girl I like and find it hard to move on. I could really use some advice on that point. Anyway, starting in Manila for a few days, If I find someone I want to travel with then I might take her and go to El Nino. Then on down to Cebu where I have many girls lined up and two in particular that I am chatting with. I was looking at Bacolod, because there is a girl there I want to meet. Camiguin was on my radar as well as Siquijor. There is a girl in Davao that I would love to meet but I am reluctant to go down for several reasons. One is it just is not necessary in finding girls. I wouldn't mind seeing the rice terraces in Banaue although I see there are some rice terraces on Bacolod.

I want to go to Thailand also and make my way back. I could easily not make it. I am bad about doing the same thing I know I like instead of branching out and taking the chance I will waste time finding out I dont like it for any reason. Not the least of which could be a language barrier and girls that are not interested in older men.

Any advice on anything to do with where to visit I would love to hear.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

ComingSoon wrote:Davewe, I had a large list of possibilities? I know what can happen. I find a girl I like and find it hard to move on. I could really use some advice on that point. Anyway, starting in Manila for a few days, If I find someone I want to travel with then I might take her and go to El Nino. Then on down to Cebu where I have many girls lined up and two in particular that I am chatting with. I was looking at Bacolod, because there is a girl there I want to meet. Camiguin was on my radar as well as Siquijor. There is a girl in Davao that I would love to meet but I am reluctant to go down for several reasons. One is it just is not necessary in finding girls. I wouldn't mind seeing the rice terraces in Banaue although I see there are some rice terraces on Bacolod.

I want to go to Thailand also and make my way back. I could easily not make it. I am bad about doing the same thing I know I like instead of branching out and taking the chance I will waste time finding out I dont like it for any reason. Not the least of which could be a language barrier and girls that are not interested in older men.

Any advice on anything to do with where to visit I would love to hear.
It sounds like if you go to even half these places you will have a great time and hit a lot more of the Philippines than most people here have seen.

My quick take. Since I'm married to a Pinay most of my opinions don't involve availability of women, but as I said before they are everywhere:

Manila - Hate the place but I know some like it for the excitement or night life. I just use NAIA and move on the next day.
El Nido - Palawan heads the list of the most beautiful islands in the world for good reason. We were in El Nido in April, loved it and want to go back. Even the bumpy 5 hour van ride from Puerto Pricessa to El Nido was spectacular.
Cebu - Cebu City is not as bad as Manila IMO, but it's still crowded and traffic is terrible. But you could easily justify a few days there and then head on south. Alcoy is where my wife is from and has a nice beach. Oslob is famous for the whale sharks. On the West side of Cebu is Moalboal, which we liked a lot when we were there last year. Very peaceful ocean views and the snorkeling and diving is nice.
Bacolod - Haven't been there yet, but Negros is our permanent destination (Dumaguete) so we will get there I am sure.
Camiguin - Again another spectacularly beautiful place. Not much night life but if you're with a girl who needs it.
Siquijor - An easy place to get to from Dumaguete, but my wife refuses to go. There are witches there you know :) Everyone says it's beautiful.
Davao - A very nice city. More conservative than Manila and Cebu City and therefore less night life. I liked Davao and CDO and felt completely safe.