Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Monday nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE AFA Seminar! See locations and dates here.



View Active Topics       View Your Posts       Latest 100 Topics       FAQ Topics       Mobile Friendly Theme


Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Zambales
Experienced Poster
Posts: 1000
Joined: August 9th, 2015, 9:41 pm

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Zambales » October 11th, 2017, 7:56 pm

Man With a Plan wrote:How does the Philippines have that many islands? I look on a map and see a handful at most. Anyway, I second Zambales (who is on his way to being another HA rarity--a sensible poster). If PI has THAT MANY ISLANDS, ya'll have no excuse for gluing your asses to Manilla and Cebu.
Like Yohan stated, the majority are tiny islands - mostly uninhabited. I think only Canada, Indonesia and maybe Finland, has more islands than the Philippines.

MrMan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2302
Joined: July 31st, 2014, 3:52 am

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by MrMan » October 12th, 2017, 3:33 am

A lot of this advice is good for travel to any country. It is not wise to go to a country and start criticizing the government. A lot of countries that allow free speech aren't as open to the idea of direct criticism as Americans are. I got the sense that asking South Koreans questions about the Korean government could be taken almost like asking questions about their mother. They may not want to discuss her flaws. It is good to be sensitive about this sort of thing.

Is it so shocking that if you yell at people in public, you could get in trouble? If you took it to the extreme in the US, you could get arrested for disturbing the peace. It is not normal to yell at a waiter for getting an order wrong. It's okay to yell if someone is about to get hit by a bus or something like that. If they throw loud expats who yell like that in jail, us other expats can enjoy our meal in peace. Not that I've seen expats yelling at staff in my travels, but I don't tend to hang around drunken or unstable expats.

User avatar
kairosan117
Freshman Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: October 24th, 2017, 5:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by kairosan117 » October 30th, 2017, 5:23 pm

If you don't interact with younger girls or talk to politicans... you'll be fine.
Are you scared that a female co-worker might falsely accused you of sexual harassment? Don't let another SJW bitch threaten your reputation or career! Create your very own online business. Make money on your own terms and live the lifestyle you actually want http://quitthatjob.net

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5601
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Adama » October 30th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
That would defeat the purpose of going there. This can't be real. If all the above is true, that place is the last place I'd want to go for any reason. Ukraine can't be this bad.

User avatar
kairosan117
Freshman Poster
Posts: 37
Joined: October 24th, 2017, 5:10 am
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by kairosan117 » October 31st, 2017, 7:57 am

ITs not so bad if you keep to yourself and plan out what you wanna do and where you want to visit while on your trip.

But do everything with discretion or at the very least, have a lumped of cash so you can bribe your way out of trouble, I guess?

Because money gets you out of all kinds of legal problems...

Yep that's all that's needed.
Are you scared that a female co-worker might falsely accused you of sexual harassment? Don't let another SJW bitch threaten your reputation or career! Create your very own online business. Make money on your own terms and live the lifestyle you actually want http://quitthatjob.net

Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster
Posts: 150
Joined: April 16th, 2017, 2:14 am

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Man With a Plan » October 31st, 2017, 3:16 pm

Who said don't be 40+ dating a sub-25 girl? Uh, are we going to ignore the 60 and 70+ crowd feeling up on 19 year olds in metropolitan areas? Where is this coming from?
Progress. Improvement. Evolution. Revolution.

Your ego is not your amigo.

dragonsmack68
Freshman Poster
Posts: 28
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 8:46 pm

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by dragonsmack68 » November 3rd, 2017, 1:13 am

Adama wrote:
Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
I would say the majority of foreigners I see around Cebu are over 45 and dating under 25. No one looks twice except maybe me.....

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5601
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Adama » November 3rd, 2017, 1:48 am

dragonsmack68 wrote:
Adama wrote:Do not be over forty and dating anyone younger than 25!!! There is a limit to what is acceptable here. Maybe in the deep deep province you can get away with that.. but not in city centers!
I would say the majority of foreigners I see around Cebu are over 45 and dating under 25. No one looks twice except maybe me.....

I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal. This is the narrow pit that many Anglophone men are in. They are just condemned on every side for natural things. While abnormal things are exalted as normal and above criticism of any kind.

I especially dislike when someone who knows nothing starts giving advice and warnings. Actually it upsets me greatly to hear these people speak their foolish wisdom.

User avatar
Yohan
Veteran Poster
Posts: 2690
Joined: April 3rd, 2014, 6:05 am
Location: Tokyo, JAPAN

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Yohan » November 3rd, 2017, 1:54 pm

Adama wrote: I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal....
I agree with you.

It seems the majority of people in USA and UK do not understand what the word 'pedophile' means.
It is about people of any gender past puberty who feel sexually attracted to people of any gender who did not pass puberty yet.

Pedophilia and sexual contact with a minor-age person are 2 totally different issues. Any man past puberty who feels sexually excited by a woman past puberty is perfectly normal. This does not mean however that any sexual relationship between both of them is legally seen permitted.

I was called a paedophile, because my Asian wife is about 8 inch shorter than I am, despite we both are of about the same age.
I also got all these 'loser remarks' about marriage with a poor Thai doormat, Filipina mail order bride etc., but my wife is Japanese and not poor at all and also not sold by her parents - and of course also hate-mail from Asian-Americans, the usual 'white man is stealing our women' and similar racist BS-nonsense.

Many people especially in USA are grossly misinformed about what is going on in this world as they have never been anywhere else except a few miles around their own city and think this is the paradise and all others outside of USA are living in chaos and poverty.

I do my best to move quickly on, there is nothing else what you can do when you face such idiots. Any discussion with them is time-waste.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster
Posts: 5601
Joined: August 23rd, 2009, 10:37 pm

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Adama » November 3rd, 2017, 2:45 pm

Yohan wrote:
Adama wrote: I just dislike how people are so against older men and younger women, as if it is worse than a homosexual relationship! They will call you a pedophile for being normal....
I agree with you.

It seems the majority of people in USA and UK do not understand what the word 'pedophile' means.
It is about people of any gender past puberty who feel sexually attracted to people of any gender who did not pass puberty yet.

Pedophilia and sexual contact with a minor-age person are 2 totally different issues. Any man past puberty who feels sexually excited by a woman past puberty is perfectly normal. This does not mean however that any sexual relationship between both of them is legally seen permitted.

I was called a paedophile, because my Asian wife is about 8 inch shorter than I am, despite we both are of about the same age.
I also got all these 'loser remarks' about marriage with a poor Thai doormat, Filipina mail order bride etc., but my wife is Japanese and not poor at all and also not sold by her parents - and of course also hate-mail from Asian-Americans, the usual 'white man is stealing our women' and similar racist BS-nonsense.

Many people especially in USA are grossly misinformed about what is going on in this world as they have never been anywhere else except a few miles around their own city and think this is the paradise and all others outside of USA are living in chaos and poverty.

I do my best to move quickly on, there is nothing else what you can do when you face such idiots. Any discussion with them is time-waste.
American feminism has really got men screwed up. If you like a WOMAN who has a nice body, you're a loser, pedophile and all kinds of names. And practically everyone in the whole country will agree: you definitely are a pedophile for liking things that are normal and showing it, IF YOU ARE A MAN.

The USA is a deep, narrow pit for men. There is no freedom for men, only constraint, obligation and shame for being a man. Meanwhile women can dress like whores (showing off their upper thighs, even parts of their buttocks, and the cleavage of their breasts to strangers) and homosexual perverts can pretend they are women, but nobody can say anything without being shamed. Nobody is there yelling at the homosexual crossdresser, to tell him what a reprobate he is.

Mark_in_Bangkok
Freshman Poster
Posts: 24
Joined: December 3rd, 2017, 2:48 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Mark_in_Bangkok » December 4th, 2017, 7:18 am

ladislav wrote:
September 26th, 2013, 1:12 am
These dangers rarely if ever get mentioned anywhere so I must warn people here about them.

Important topic and valuable thread with comments following.
Thank you, ladislav, for starting this topic.
.
.
Member: Thailand Expats Email Discussion
Membership inquiries welcome; use private message here.

Mark_in_Bangkok
Freshman Poster
Posts: 24
Joined: December 3rd, 2017, 2:48 pm
Location: Bangkok

Re: Unmentioned Dangers in the Philippines

Post by Mark_in_Bangkok » December 4th, 2017, 8:46 am

ladislav wrote:
September 26th, 2013, 1:12 am
These dangers rarely if ever get mentioned anywhere so I must warn people here about them.

Thank you, ladislav, for your keep observations, and for starting this valuable topic.


Adama wrote:
November 3rd, 2017, 2:45 pm
The USA is a deep, narrow pit for men. There is no freedom for men, only constraint, obligation and shame for being a man.

I agree.
After seeing here multiple comments like that, I am starting to appreciate this forum.
.
.
Member: Thailand Expats Email Discussion
Membership inquiries welcome; use private message here.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”