Bankrolling education in exchange for relationship

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Bankrolling education in exchange for relationship

Post by ladislav »

GF for scholarship.

Not only in the PH, but in lots of other countries, there are young ladies who will become your GF in exchange for you paying their way through college.
Assuming she agrees, here are some particulars.
First, I have calculated the estimate to be Ph10,000- 30,000 tuition plus other expenses in a month ( if you break the tuition into 12 months) depending on whether she stays at home or rents a room, what course she is taking and the province she is in.
Tuition is preferably to be paid in a lump sum and I think the average is 40,000+ a year or some 20,000 per semester. Give and take.
Then, there are all the other usual expenses. I once calculated that in Davao, a lady needed about Ph 17,000 per month.
These are very rough estimates.
Here are the advantages`of such an arrangement
Your looks and age do not matter.
She will be motivated to be faithful to you.
She is most likely to get used to you and fall in love with you.
She will often agree to move in with you and become your common law wife without having to marry. If that is what you want.
But before you start licking your chops and rubbing the palms of your hands together in lustful anticipation, you need to consider the
Disadvantages
You are making a big committment towards another human being´s future, and as a man, you should really hold up your end of the bargain. Otherwise, you are a certified a--hole.
If you flake out, or lose your source of income because of some events, you will cause a tragic disappointment and mess up another person´s future. So, it is a big responsibility.
The person may take a longer time than the usual 2 or 4 years because she may get ill or have family problems to tend to or for a variety of other reasons. This will extend your committment and will make the whole thing more expensive.
If you are not around for a long time, she may be tempted to secretly find a BF for a fling because humans need love and your being away for months and months isn´t cutting it.
A lot of such young ladies are very naive and have unrealistic demands and expectations from such sponsors. The most common is that the man pays, but then waits for them to finish college and then he will marry them. In the meantime, absolutely no sex. Actually, that is what most of them would like.
But some are way more sinister. Towards the end, they get a BF lined up and will dump you as soon as they get the diploma with no marriage for you. A sucker punch.
So, one needs to find out what they want and then explain the terms to them. It is a sophisticated oral contract.
There are other advantages and disadvantages, too numerous to even remember.
Kindly share what you know about such an arrangement
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Re: Bankrolling education in exchange for relationship

Post by Jackfruits »

Great idea! Simp sponsorship and get denied for sex in the hope of marriage after 4-6y. No Foreign simp gonna stick around for 12m/year unless he's a senior/pensioner. I think you should assume the worst case scenario
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

@ladislav

It wouldn't work, mate. Not in the Philippines, at least.

The vast majority of people who give a darn about college education in this country are those who know that only maybe the top 10% of universities here are worth paying for, for the sake of a career.

Most of these people either are smart enough to be accepted at the national public university (University of the Philippines, UP), where tuition fees are very affordable or non-existent, or have families capable to send them to a top university. My wife C comes from a upper middle class family but they were never rich. Yet, they were able to send their 3 kids to private high schools (Opus Dei) and then on to Ateneo de Manila or La Salle, both top 5 institutions in Manila.

Conversely, if a girl, especially from the latest two generations (Millennial, Gen Z) doesn't have enough money to afford a college education and she's not smart enough to enter UP, she probably comes from a family who will be perfectly happy for the old git to get the girl and support her throughout her life, including of course her parents, siblings and close relatives.

Case in point, my dear friend and former business partner, a Frenchman who lives in London and married a dime-a-dozen morena from the deep Mindanao province, did pay her to go to college, a shitty private college, to become a teacher. She reluctantly accepted, mainly not to appear ungrateful to him. She then dropped her degree the moment she got married and knew she could move to London within the following year, and have a far easy life as her hubby's housewife.

Even I tried to talk a couple of girls I dated in Davao into starting or resuming college. I found exactly the same responses: "no thanks", "no need", "I am not smart enough (giggle)", etc. Typical: the moment they feel they have secured the services and privileged of a foreign bf/husband, they know they can easily spend the rest of their lives being supported, if not pampered, by his money. They don't see any point in studying and they communicate it very clearly, behind the usual excuses.
Last edited by publicduende on September 18th, 2022, 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 7:05 am
I pay some support to my current girlfriend, but it's just for basic living expenses and to "treat herself" sometimes. No need for any degrees; we're in agreement that as soon as we start living together permanently by next year, she'll more or less become a housewife/stay-at-home-mom-to-be. She never asked me if she could work when we are abroad, but I am fairly certain that she would like to send some money to her family once we live together. So I, generous soul that I am, will continue to send to her family the same allowance I am currently sending her.

A Filipina degree will just get her a Filipina type of job, usually, with a regular Filipina salary which is... low as f**k. Like borderline not worth it. Marrying (or common-law-marrying) a foreigner would be much more beneficial to her. A degree may bring a certain level of relative 'prestige' but that's only if she were to get, say, a law degree or a degree in engineering. In other words, she'd have to be pretty clever to begin with. And if she's pretty, clever, and knows it... she may be very hard to obtain for your average Joe Schmoe.

Those are the cold hard facts. I would say it isn't worth it. By the way, I recently stayed with my girlfriend and her family and they had this girl staying with them... her mom dated this foreign dude, American guy in his late forties. Apparantly the guy had the hots for his girlfriend's daughter, who is 19. Very plain looking chick but somehow the Yankee dude wanted her. Anyway, he sponsored her studies and insisted she talk to him every morning on Messenger for up to three hours(!) dude was insanely demanding. And she'd go offline, come downstairs, and MOCK the guy at the breakfast table lol. Calling him "bastos" and "putangina this" and "putangina that" it was hilarious. :lol:

He thought he was totally gonna score, had invested for over a year... but she just saw him as a manipulative cunt and a creep, especially since he was already dating her mother. She was dating a Filipino boy, a local, and the American guy knew about it and got "mad and jealous" but kept sending her 25k a month in pesos. This money was then spent by the girl, who gave most of it to her Filipino boyfriend's gambling habit. :roll:

People are messy. Filipinas are messy. And sometimes when you think you're being clever... they get the last laugh and you get duped. Tables have a way of turning. And any long term investment, especially the ones where you aren't physically present to keep an eye on things, are dangerous and usually ill-advised.
Wisely said. I used to be jelly-soft when a girl would come to me crying that she didn't have enough money to put herself through college. Then I learned that tens of thousands of gifted students every year are offered enrolment at UP, which is not only one of the best universities in any given region, but also completely free of charge (with one of the many full scholarships). So my standard reply at some point became "why don't you study hard and apply for UP?". In 90% of the cases, the girls appeared shocked that I knew about UP and stopped complaining. They probably had a queue of foreigners ready to give them cash for "tuition"...

I personally also know a few of these men, none of whom is living stably in the Philippines, who send money to their gfs and wives. They send them photos of a tuition fee slip hiding the student name, or the course name, or both. The men believe they're bankrolling their girls' education and future, when in fact they're spending the money on parties and gadgets.

Both @Will N. Dowd and I know a girl from near Davao who scammed at least 5 different men with the excuse of not being able to afford her Business and Economics degree (at a particularly cheap Davao college, University of Mindanao, none the less). She would spend the cash to buy appliances and gadgets for her entire family, or throw parties for her barangay, where she was some sort of local hero.

As soon as she found a "boyfriend" she fancied more than others and who actually visited her here, she dropped the masquerade of being a university student, went into radio silence with all her simps and moved to Australia with him.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

I am a sugar daddy myself, but even though I have been seeing the same Ukrainian girl each summer for 6 years (including 16 months during the covid pestilence lockdowns when I was stuck on Ukraine), I make no plans for any future with her. If and when I no longer enjoy seeing her, the relationship is over then and there. And she might dump me any day. Payment is per visit, though I also give bonuses now and then when I'm feeling generous and stock market is doing well. Money just puts power in my hands, so that it's more likely to be me than her who decides to end things. That is the way to operate.

My only "investment" is my time, which cannot be regained. It takes time to get sex working the way I want with any new girl, so if I have to replace this current girl, time is what I lose. The money I gave her is no more an investment than money I spent on food and rent.

It so happens that this girl wisely used most of the money I gave her to buy an apartment, but if she had instead spent it on clothes and other frivolities, that's her business. Same as if my landlady uses my rent to buy more apartments or to pay some gigolo--as long as I get what I want when I hand over money, not my business what happens to the money next.

Getting too emotionally involved with sugar babies (and that's what ladislav is taking about, not wives like Marcos and PD have) is not wise. These are usually not long-term relationships.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

publicduende wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 8:16 am
MarcosZeitola wrote:
September 18th, 2022, 7:05 am
I pay some support to my current girlfriend, but it's just for basic living expenses and to "treat herself" sometimes. No need for any degrees; we're in agreement that as soon as we start living together permanently by next year, she'll more or less become a housewife/stay-at-home-mom-to-be. She never asked me if she could work when we are abroad, but I am fairly certain that she would like to send some money to her family once we live together. So I, generous soul that I am, will continue to send to her family the same allowance I am currently sending her.

A Filipina degree will just get her a Filipina type of job, usually, with a regular Filipina salary which is... low as f**k. Like borderline not worth it. Marrying (or common-law-marrying) a foreigner would be much more beneficial to her. A degree may bring a certain level of relative 'prestige' but that's only if she were to get, say, a law degree or a degree in engineering. In other words, she'd have to be pretty clever to begin with. And if she's pretty, clever, and knows it... she may be very hard to obtain for your average Joe Schmoe.

Those are the cold hard facts. I would say it isn't worth it. By the way, I recently stayed with my girlfriend and her family and they had this girl staying with them... her mom dated this foreign dude, American guy in his late forties. Apparantly the guy had the hots for his girlfriend's daughter, who is 19. Very plain looking chick but somehow the Yankee dude wanted her. Anyway, he sponsored her studies and insisted she talk to him every morning on Messenger for up to three hours(!) dude was insanely demanding. And she'd go offline, come downstairs, and MOCK the guy at the breakfast table lol. Calling him "bastos" and "putangina this" and "putangina that" it was hilarious. :lol:

He thought he was totally gonna score, had invested for over a year... but she just saw him as a manipulative cunt and a creep, especially since he was already dating her mother. She was dating a Filipino boy, a local, and the American guy knew about it and got "mad and jealous" but kept sending her 25k a month in pesos. This money was then spent by the girl, who gave most of it to her Filipino boyfriend's gambling habit. :roll:

People are messy. Filipinas are messy. And sometimes when you think you're being clever... they get the last laugh and you get duped. Tables have a way of turning. And any long term investment, especially the ones where you aren't physically present to keep an eye on things, are dangerous and usually ill-advised.
Wisely said. I used to be jelly-soft when a girl would come to me crying that she didn't have enough money to put herself through college. Then I learned that tens of thousands of gifted students every year are offered enrolment at UP, which is not only one of the best universities in any given region, but also completely free of charge (with one of the many full scholarships). So my standard reply at some point became "why don't you study hard and apply for UP?". In 90% of the cases, the girls appeared shocked that I knew about UP and stopped complaining. They probably had a queue of foreigners ready to give them cash for "tuition"...

I personally also know a few of these men, none of whom is living stably in the Philippines, who send money to their gfs and wives. They send them photos of a tuition fee slip hiding the student name, or the course name, or both. The men believe they're bankrolling their girls' education and future, when in fact they're spending the money on parties and gadgets.

Both @Will N. Dowd and I know a girl from near Davao who scammed at least 5 different men with the excuse of not being able to afford her Business and Economics degree (at a particularly cheap Davao college, University of Mindanao, none the less). She would spend the cash to buy appliances and gadgets for her entire family, or throw parties for her barangay, where she was some sort of local hero.

As soon as she found a "boyfriend" she fancied more than others and who actually visited her here, she dropped the masquerade of being a university student, went into radio silence with all her simps and moved to Australia with him.
Some funny and true stories about that very hot but crazy girl from near Davao. In 2015 I met her online and then met up with her. Surprisingly one thing led to another, and we ended up back at my place. She agreed to do it with me, but had her period so we did it on the floor of the CR and it was not very good even though she looked spectacular naked. She had arabic writing on her panties and when they and her bra came off I almost fell over she looked so good. Pity her looks were ruined by her period, the hard floor of the CR and her crazy personality.

Several weeks later we were chatting online and she agreed to visit me again. When she got to my place she told me this story about how a guy from Australia had come all the way there to visit her and had fallen sleep at his hotel. She was there with him but didn't want to sleep and was bored so decided to visit me instead lol. After a while she said the guy messaged her that he was awake and mad she wasn't there so she went back to his hotel and told a creative lie about why she had left him while he slept. Not surprisingly she blocked me soon after, but I didn't really care considering I had her for the price of a happy lemon drink. She was only 19 and one of the hottest looking girls I ever had. I consider myself lucky to have scored with her once without any post bang issues. I feel sorry for the Aussie simp that imported her sexy but crazy ass down under.

In 2016 I met @publicduende and inevitably we chatted about some of the girls we had met in Davao and found out we had both met her and we both had a good laugh about our experiences with her. @publicduende knew a lot more about her than I did so when I learned more about her behaviour I considered myself even more lucky to have scored so easily with her after I found out what she was up to with some other foreigners.

Turns out she was from the same small town and even the same tribe as another hot but inevitably crazy gal I had been dating in 2014 and 2015.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 10:37 am
Some funny and true stories about that very hot but crazy girl from near Davao. In 2015 I met her online and then met up with her. Surprisingly one thing led to another, and we ended up back at my place. She agreed to do it with me, but had her period so we did it on the floor of the CR and it was not very good even though she looked spectacular naked. She had arabic writing on her panties and when they and her bra came off I almost fell over she looked so good. Pity her looks were ruined by her period, the hard floor of the CR and her crazy personality.

Several weeks later we were chatting online and she agreed to visit me again. When she got to my place she told me this story about how a guy from Australia had come all the way there to visit her and had fallen sleep at his hotel. She was there with him but didn't want to sleep and was bored so decided to visit me instead lol. After a while she said the guy messaged her that he was awake and mad she wasn't there so she went back to his hotel and told a creative lie about why she had left him while he slept. Not surprisingly she blocked me soon after, but I didn't really care considering I had her for the price of a happy lemon drink. She was only 19 and one of the hottest looking girls I ever had. I consider myself lucky to have scored with her once without any post bang issues. I feel sorry for the Aussie simp that imported her sexy but crazy ass down under.

In 2016 I met @publicduende and inevitably we chatted about some of the girls we had met in Davao and found out we had both met her and we both had a good laugh about our experiences with her. @publicduende knew a lot more about her than I did so when I learned more about her behaviour I considered myself even more lucky to have scored so easily with her after I found out what she was up to with some other foreigners.

Turns out she was from the same small town and even the same tribe as another hot but inevitably crazy gal I had been dating in 2014 and 2015.
@Will N. Dowd

Yeah, bittersweet memories... She was really one, of the prettiest Filipinas I have ever met, but a real psycho. She wasn't very good in bed. I thought no man could have anything more than a passing fling with her, because of her shitty personality. Until it happened LOL

For laughs...the story is that this Australian guy, probably in his late 30s and not bad looking, came to visit her and "won her heart", which means he submerged her and her family with gifts. I saw a photo of the guy with her, her sisters and her parents at a posh-looking restaurant. Said girl and the 2 sisters, they all had a large smartphone (phablet?) on the table, probably courtesy of Kano walking ATM. I heard the man bought the parents a new TV, new appliances, etc. I mean, she was pretty and all, but was she worth that much??

Then she of course drops her college (if she hadn't dropped it before) and moves to Australia with him. Then she gets pregnant with the guy and, a month later, she finds out the guy is still married to another Filipina girl who also lives in Australia and had a kid with him. That's the last I know from her. Bitch got bitched :)
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 8:58 am
I am a sugar daddy myself, but even though I have been seeing the same Ukrainian girl each summer for 6 years (including 16 months during the covid pestilence lockdowns when I was stuck on Ukraine), I make no plans for any future with her. If and when I no longer enjoy seeing her, the relationship is over then and there. And she might dump me any day. Payment is per visit, though I also give bonuses now and then when I'm feeling generous and stock market is doing well. Money just puts power in my hands, so that it's more likely to be me than her who decides to end things. That is the way to operate.

My only "investment" is my time, which cannot be regained. It takes time to get sex working the way I want with any new girl, so if I have to replace this current girl, time is what I lose. The money I gave her is no more an investment than money I spent on food and rent.

It so happens that this girl wisely used most of the money I gave her to buy an apartment, but if she had instead spent it on clothes and other frivolities, that's her business. Same as if my landlady uses my rent to buy more apartments or to pay some gigolo--as long as I get what I want when I hand over money, not my business what happens to the money next.

Getting too emotionally involved with sugar babies (and that's what ladislav is taking about, not wives like Marcos and PD have) is not wise. These are usually not long-term relationships.
@Shemp if you gave her enough money, over 6 years, for her to buy herself an apartment, we might be talking tens of thousands of dollars. Was it really worth it, in the end, compared to having a girlfriend (or wife) who you could have unlimited sex with for free?
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

publicduende wrote:
September 20th, 2022, 9:09 pm
Shemp if you gave her enough money, over 6 years, for her to buy herself an apartment, we might be talking tens of thousands of dollars. Was it really worth it, in the end, compared to having a girlfriend (or wife) who you could have unlimited sex with for free?
Should have been more clear. She bought (joint purchase with sisters) together with money I gave, money her sisters has saved, money her father gave her, and money she made in other ways: legitimate work running some online businesses reselling junk from China, plus whoring with other men, though I don't ask about this and don't want to know either. But anyway, I probably have paid total of $30-40K, which is trivial (to me) over 6 years. It certainly bothers me less than paying $2000/month for a dumpy room at Motel6 for 2 months each winter when I visit the USA to take care of business. Though in any case, none of these expenses is a problem, since I'm spending far less than my income.

Wife or girlfriend might be cheaper, as would be living in a tent on the street on the USA each winter. Point of spending money (especially when I'm not coming close to spending my income) is to make my life more enjoyable. Also, few things truly free in this world. If you don't pay with money, you pay with time and energy. And unlimited sex is not my goal. Paying money means she's there when I want her, gone when I don't want her.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Shemp wrote:
September 21st, 2022, 12:11 am
Should have been more clear. She bought (joint purchase with sisters) together with money I gave, money her sisters has saved, money her father gave her, and money she made in other ways: legitimate work running some online businesses reselling junk from China, plus whoring with other men, though I don't ask about this and don't want to know either. But anyway, I probably have paid total of $30-40K, which is trivial (to me) over 6 years. It certainly bothers me less than paying $2000/month for a dumpy room at Motel6 for 2 months each winter when I visit the USA to take care of business. Though in any case, none of these expenses is a problem, since I'm spending far less than my income.

Wife or girlfriend might be cheaper, as would be living in a tent on the street on the USA each winter. Point of spending money (especially when I'm not coming close to spending my income) is to make my life more enjoyable. Also, few things truly free in this world. If you don't pay with money, you pay with time and energy. And unlimited sex is not my goal. Paying money means she's there when I want her, gone when I don't want her.
Ok, thanks for being more clear. $40K in 6 years is indeed a very modest sum. Taking your gf/wife out once a week would probably cost about that figure, $500 a month or so. Good for you,; you managed to get a (from what I hear) satisfactory sexual relationship with a (presumably) pleasant-looking and young Ukrainian.