"You'll have a girl as soon as you get off the plane...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

"You'll have a girl as soon as you get off the plane...

Post by manly5000 »

Hi guys,

Just curious as to exactly what this statement that I see people say about the Philippines implies. If you're a decent-looking white dude does that mean you will literally have girls throwing themselves at you while you're walking out of the airport? Do random girls come up to you and blatantly hit on you and try to hook up with you or do they just give IOI's (indicators of interest) from a distance and wait for you to approach?

Anyone have any good female-attention stories about what it was like stepping off the plane on their first trip to the Phils?

Just thought it would make for a fun discussion!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

Well, I've gotten off the plane a few times in the Philippines and it never happened to me, but it may be that I brought my US mindset with me. To give an example, of what may be a great mistake in my time there: I was in a cafe near my hotel, in a very good part of town. There was this nursing student in there with her laptop and books studying or doing homework. I was talking to some woman trying to sell me some MLM scheme, and after she left the student started talking to me. She was 19, gorgeous as hell, of Chinese descent, maybe 3rd generation or something, spoke perfect English and loved Japanese cartoons, as did I at the time. We talked for a long time about anything and everything. In the end, though, even after her throwing tons of hints etc. I didn't get her number or give mine. I didn't leave any opening to connect with her again. I never saw her again. My mind was still in USA mode.

I would say you will get plenty of interest, smiles and hints. Make sure you're on the lookout. Leave the US, or whatever home country you're from, at home! Enjoy a new life.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: "You'll have a girl as soon as you get off the plan

Post by Rock »

manly5000 wrote:Hi guys,

Just curious as to exactly what this statement that I see people say about the Philippines implies. If you're a decent-looking white dude does that mean you will literally have girls throwing themselves at you while you're walking out of the airport? Do random girls come up to you and blatantly hit on you and try to hook up with you or do they just give IOI's (indicators of interest) from a distance and wait for you to approach?

Anyone have any good female-attention stories about what it was like stepping off the plane on their first trip to the Phils?

Just thought it would make for a fun discussion!
I recently spent a couple weeks in PI - Angeles area plus a day trip to Manila and a few days in Subic Bay area with imported gf in tow.

In my case, I didn't detect any special attention coming my way from girls in malls and other public areas. In contrast, I went to Shekou area of China earlier this year for just a few days and got a decent amount of female attention plus over a dozen numbers from local women I approached. Granted, I was less proactive in public areas of PI. But still, based on the vibes I sensed, the Chinese girls just seemed friendlier and more approachable than the PI girls when I specifically contrast those two trips.

Also, there have been recent discussions on this forum about how a lot of regular Filipinas, especially if they are middle class or above, are generally not interested in westerners.

I still need to give PI more of a shot, especially reputed hot spots like Cebu. But I do believe some accounts and claims on this forum regarding Phils may have been exaggerated or perhaps only apply to certain types of guys (those who look good enough to get attention in lots of countries).

If you're planning to go there, start with low expectations, but give it a full shot. Approach anyone you are especially attracted to as long as she is not with bf. Always aim to get full contact details and other relevant info whenever attractive girls talk to you. And of course work the computer hard. Only by exhausting all possibilities will you figure-out what the full potential of a place is for you.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Terrence wrote:Well, I've gotten off the plane a few times in the Philippines and it never happened to me, but it may be that I brought my US mindset with me. To give an example, of what may be a great mistake in my time there: I was in a cafe near my hotel, in a very good part of town. There was this nursing student in there with her laptop and books studying or doing homework. I was talking to some woman trying to sell me some MLM scheme, and after she left the student started talking to me. She was 19, gorgeous as hell, of Chinese descent, maybe 3rd generation or something, spoke perfect English and loved Japanese cartoons, as did I at the time. We talked for a long time about anything and everything. In the end, though, even after her throwing tons of hints etc. I didn't get her number or give mine. I didn't leave any opening to connect with her again. I never saw her again. My mind was still in USA mode.

I would say you will get plenty of interest, smiles and hints. Make sure you're on the lookout. Leave the US, or whatever home country you're from, at home! Enjoy a new life.
So in other words, you basically remained in a state of recluse when it came to asking to exchange each other's information because in the USA, it would have been an exercise in futility asking an perceivedly interested woman on initial contact with her and in the Philippines, it would have been considered non-creepy.

Yeah, my friend, you have literally dropped the ball on that one. loooooooolol *Terrence's balls fall unto his hands underneath in the Case of the Blue Balls*
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

E_Irizarry wrote: So in other words, you basically remained in a state of recluse when it came to asking to exchange each other's information because in the USA, it would have been an exercise in futility asking an perceivedly interested woman on initial contact with her and in the Philippines, it would have been considered non-creepy.

Yeah, my friend, you have literally dropped the ball on that one. loooooooolol *Terrence's balls fall unto his hands underneath in the Case of the Blue Balls*
LOL! Hahahaha That was in my first couple of weeks there. I got the hang of things pretty quickly, and reading this site and others helped things along quite a bit back then. There are still plenty of girls there that will make it absolutely clear they are interested, leaving no question in a man's mind.
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Nice.

So do Filipinas walk around with the "perma-scowl" that American women sport? You know, avoiding eye-contact at all costs in public, that half-annoyed unpleasant look on their faces?

Or do most of them stare at you?

I remember whenever I'd go to Mexico with my ex-wife to visit her family, EVERYWHERE we went girls were just STARING at me constantly. Is it like that in the Phils, especially away from big cities?
Raja
Freshman Poster

Post by Raja »

manly5000 wrote:Nice.

So do Filipinas walk around with the "perma-scowl" that American women sport? You know, avoiding eye-contact at all costs in public, that half-annoyed unpleasant look on their faces?

Or do most of them stare at you?

I remember whenever I'd go to Mexico with my ex-wife to visit her family, EVERYWHERE we went girls were just STARING at me constantly. Is it like that in the Phils, especially away from big cities?
Neither, Filipinos don't stare as a rule. Children do and those preparing to fight, the men staring at the woman you might be with, do.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Well, as soon as you get to your hotel, there will be a group of pimps milling about the entrance and yes, in that sense, you will " have a girl" for some $30 as soon as you get off the plane.
But seriously, as soon as you arrive, start going about stores and places and even go to parks and smile at sales girls and gauge their reaction. Invite them out to a restaurant or some social activity- like the Zoo or something. They usually say yes.
You should have some dates lined up within a couple of days.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

manly5000 wrote:So do Filipinas walk around with the "perma-scowl" that American women sport? You know, avoiding eye-contact at all costs in public, that half-annoyed unpleasant look on their faces?
Yes, I know the "perma-scowl" look of American women well! It's a look that says, "don't approach me, I am not interested in you." It's also know as a "bitch shield." American women love having that look on their face whenever they go out in public. The more attractive the woman is, the more of a "perma-scowl" she has on her face. :lol:

Winston and others have talked about women in America who have that "bitchy look" on their face. The funny thing is, pickup artists will say, "go ahead and approach a women even if she seems unapproachable." WTF? I am supposed to approach a woman who looks like she wants to bite my head off? lol :lol:

It's nice to know in some countries (like the Philippines, eastern Europe, Russia, South America and Mexico) the woman have a friendly look on their face and actually make eye contact with men and smile!
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

I once went to Jollibee's for lunch, and the 22-year-old manager threw herself at me as soon as I walked in the door, LOL. I was flattered but had to say no, as my dating schedule was already booked solid.

The most bizarre aspect of my trip was, the more attractive the Filipina, the hornier she was for me. The two sexiest girls that I dated literally threw themselves at me, one in a movie theater and one in the back of the car.

Have nothing to do with the pimps; you don't need them.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Hero wrote:I once went to Jollibee's for lunch, and the 22-year-old manager threw herself at me as soon as I walked in the door, LOL. I was flattered but had to say no, as my dating schedule was already booked solid.

The most bizarre aspect of my trip was, the more attractive the Filipina, the hornier she was for me. The two sexiest girls that I dated literally threw themselves at me, one in a movie theater and one in the back of the car.

OH hell no. I would have en-queued her number onto my cellphone. You just never know if you might get an opportunity to smash.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Hero wrote:I once went to Jollibee's for lunch, and the 22-year-old manager threw herself at me as soon as I walked in the door, LOL. I was flattered but had to say no, as my dating schedule was already booked solid.

OH hell no. I would have en-queued her number onto my cellphone. You just never know if you might get an opportunity to smash.
Nah, she wasn't very attractive. Plus she needed some orthodontic work
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

How old are you, Hero?
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

manly5000 wrote:How old are you, Hero?