Not only lying and scamming in the Philippines

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Ghost wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote: Honestly maybe im offbase for saying this but most guys on happierabroad are too poor or not ready to even go to asia for vacations let alone live there like you are. Your too poor to live in asia or have a girlfriend there. Bstyle had the same dilemma he was poor ESL teacher thats why he had a bunch of fugly leeching deadbeats he got tired of. If you have the money you can live comfortable and get a better looking choice of women. No money no honey as they say.
No, your assessment is pretty accurate. Money is an issue for me. Saving money for vacation isn't. Trying to actually live on savings? I'd last a year at most.

But, yes, I am an EFL teacher. And that's fine. I'll never have free money and good looks like Will N(ot) Dowd. Which is fine. I can still do well. And that's a testament to just big and opportunity filled much of Asia is. And I do want to work, besides. I don't want to be a bum like Dowd. He's got everything he could ever want financially, but he is perhaps the most miserable poster here. Having good-looking women is not a problem for me either. I don't think that is generally an issue in Asia since so many women there are gorgeous. I can go get a beautiful Chinese girl who will look good until she is 50. Sure, she'll be hypergamous as all women are, wanting a man who makes 6000RMB a month. So since that is still out of the question for most Chinese men, she goes for the English teacher who makes 8000RMB a month and at least has interest in learning some Chinese and doesn't go out partying and drinking. Damn, the math really adds up for me over there.

Not everyone wants to live in communist china or in thailand where no one speaks english and they are arrogant to outsiders and visas. Guys like davewe and a few others are retired im assuming or had ample vacation time to prance around with no worry about work or saving for retirement. Even will N dowd has a huge nest egg and never has to work again thats why he can prance around all these years and chase women. its not realistic for younger people or people who haven't built up a net cash cow yet. They have a job to go to or in my case I want to save my money and focus on my work and its a huge distraction being there.

Thats why philippines is more for people who are retired or close to retirement. Its also why ive stopped taking long trips there and decided i will focus on my work till im closer to retirement. I just wound up doing my work everyday and luckily i always had liveins but even with liveins i was getting behind on the focus of my work. Its better to save up money and retire young to live there if you have no intentions of bringing a wife to america. I dont see whats the point of doing small vacations there except for vacation girlfriends and p4p. And if your unsure if you want to live there then definitely dont go wife hunting.
Have to agree, there. Except that China can be quite nice for a foreigner. But then again, I'd be working there and have residence with that, so that changes everything. (Plus not getting ripped off in China.) It's communist more in name than practice. A permanent vacation would be boring, anyway. I want to be financially all right, but not especially rich. Somewhere in the middle as fine. Just as long as I can save up and go for a pump n' dump vacation in the Phils or where ever.
you should have went girlfriend hunting in china then if it was that easy. no need to bother with the uglies and desperates in philippines. I prefer the look and attitude of chinese and north asians its just they are a bit more demanding and haver requirements and i dont want to stay in there countries.

my income is risky so im trying to retire and make the money while i can. I dont want to wind up desititute and teaching english in asia to get by that would be misery. I want to retire so i can live a modest life and then maybe i can pursue a serious relationship and get involved in the culture better. im so busy with my work everyday 7 days a week plus im stressed about the future of it its hard to focus. english teaching is different your guaranteed money you just show up and then go home.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

Ghost wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
Ghost wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote: Honestly maybe im offbase for saying this but most guys on happierabroad are too poor or not ready to even go to asia for vacations let alone live there like you are. Your too poor to live in asia or have a girlfriend there. Bstyle had the same dilemma he was poor ESL teacher thats why he had a bunch of fugly leeching deadbeats he got tired of. If you have the money you can live comfortable and get a better looking choice of women. No money no honey as they say.
No, your assessment is pretty accurate. Money is an issue for me. Saving money for vacation isn't. Trying to actually live on savings? I'd last a year at most.

But, yes, I am an EFL teacher. And that's fine. I'll never have free money and good looks like Will N(ot) Dowd. Which is fine. I can still do well. And that's a testament to just big and opportunity filled much of Asia is. And I do want to work, besides. I don't want to be a bum like Dowd. He's got everything he could ever want financially, but he is perhaps the most miserable poster here. Having good-looking women is not a problem for me either. I don't think that is generally an issue in Asia since so many women there are gorgeous. I can go get a beautiful Chinese girl who will look good until she is 50. Sure, she'll be hypergamous as all women are, wanting a man who makes 6000RMB a month. So since that is still out of the question for most Chinese men, she goes for the English teacher who makes 8000RMB a month and at least has interest in learning some Chinese and doesn't go out partying and drinking. Damn, the math really adds up for me over there.

Not everyone wants to live in communist china or in thailand where no one speaks english and they are arrogant to outsiders and visas. Guys like davewe and a few others are retired im assuming or had ample vacation time to prance around with no worry about work or saving for retirement. Even will N dowd has a huge nest egg and never has to work again thats why he can prance around all these years and chase women. its not realistic for younger people or people who haven't built up a net cash cow yet. They have a job to go to or in my case I want to save my money and focus on my work and its a huge distraction being there.

Thats why philippines is more for people who are retired or close to retirement. Its also why ive stopped taking long trips there and decided i will focus on my work till im closer to retirement. I just wound up doing my work everyday and luckily i always had liveins but even with liveins i was getting behind on the focus of my work. Its better to save up money and retire young to live there if you have no intentions of bringing a wife to america. I dont see whats the point of doing small vacations there except for vacation girlfriends and p4p. And if your unsure if you want to live there then definitely dont go wife hunting.
Have to agree, there. Except that China can be quite nice for a foreigner. But then again, I'd be working there and have residence with that, so that changes everything. (Plus not getting ripped off in China.) It's communist more in name than practice. A permanent vacation would be boring, anyway. I want to be financially all right, but not especially rich. Somewhere in the middle as fine. Just as long as I can save up and go for a pump n' dump vacation in the Phils or where ever.
you should have went girlfriend hunting in china then if it was that easy. no need to bother with the uglies and desperates in philippines. I prefer the look and attitude of chinese and north asians its just they are a bit more demanding and haver requirements and i dont want to stay in there countries.

my income is risky so im trying to retire and make the money while i can. I dont want to wind up desititute and teaching english in asia to get by that would be misery. I want to retire so i can live a modest life and then maybe i can pursue a serious relationship and get involved in the culture better. im so busy with my work everyday 7 days a week plus im stressed about the future of it its hard to focus. english teaching is different your guaranteed money you just show up and then go home.
I was in a region of China that is difficult to crack. Not impossible, but far more difficult than Philippines. I didn't want to invest the effort there, and I knew I wasn't in the right city and region for me. But by the time I finished in China, I learned enough to do better next time.

Yeah, English teaching is pretty basic, but I do try to distinguish myself. I'm legit, and not a backpacker. I have a relevant degree, experience, and will soon get a TEFL or other extra qualification and head out to gain more experience. It isn't difficult, but I've come to learn that just because something is easy doesn't mean it is worthless. I do believe teaching and learning languages is a noble pursuit.

What kind of work do you do? Some online business, right?
yes online but not teaching english or anything like that. its more passive but i bust my ass so i can make money. unfortunately its not "guaranteed income" over hte long run so im trying to make as much before the window closes cause you never know when it will. Thats why i dont want to spend anymore and just focus on working hard. The more i work and hte less i spend the faster ill get to retirement. its lonely though and im gonna go crazy so i may reevaluate in a couple years to see how im doing and if i can risk traveling again.