Philippines' killjoy truth (note to self)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Philippines' killjoy truth (note to self)

Post by Adama »

Hotties looking for the aphrodisiac combo of professional success + cash have plenty of rich men in Metro Manila and Cebu to look forward to. And that's even without counting the rich Korean, Japanese and Chinese who target the same territory looking for girlfriends, mistresses and the occasional wife.
The really odd thing is that some guys use money to lure women in. Yet somehow they fail to realize that it is the money that those women want, not them.

The other strange thing is that many men don't believe that can have a certain type of woman unless they have lots of money. They don't even believe there are women out there who could be interested in them for them, which says a lot about how they think of both themselves and women. Do they themselves have value aside from money? Are women capable of valuing anything except vanity? The answer it seems to both of these, in the minds of some rich men, is a big NO.

And then when the gold digger leaves the man for someone else, these guys are perplexed, wondering how. You used money, not love. There is no satisfaction with money. And anyone who is in it for the money doesn't love you anyway.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Adama wrote:And then when the gold digger leaves the man for someone else, these guys are perplexed, wondering how.
The foolish sugar daddies are perplexed maybe. Of course the sugar baby eventually leaves. So you get another one.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

publicduende wrote:Uy! Please don't bring the Rotary into this,
You brought the Rotary Club into this... not me, remember, you made the statement that they would look down on your poor/brown skinned/uneducated wife if you were to marry such a person. Am I right or what?

it's got nothing to do with the people I see and their respective women. I refer to "my Rotary friends" to tell them apart from other groups of friends I go out with, I am not putting any label of royalty into the fact that they happen to belong to the same club and we use said club to meet and spend time together.
YOU mentioned them and the reasons why marriage to a 'lower class' girl would not work, not me and nobody else.
First, Rotary doesn't have a membership card. Second, Rotary does more good in a minute than what many of us could do in a lifetime.
Oh f**k off! :roll: If they can't look past skin tone, where you went to university and which school you went to. They're snobs and yet to evolve into something more decent.

You should know better than to adopt their social outlook and views, ever the great Dr Martin Luther King talked about this and he was right.

Like I said many times before, I really don't care about my friends not introducing me to any members of their family for dating. It's understood that I am I and they are they. I am only bringing them into my discussion as a bunch of people who is telling me some veritable stuff about Filipino society. They get it, believe me: they're not young princelings locked away on top of their ivory towers. At least in Davao, you have to do business with normal people to be rich, and you need to be street-savvy and people-savvy to do business with normal people.
At the end of it all, it's your happiness at stake.

No-one is saying marry a woman that you meet in a go-go bar - many people do, but that's stupid.

Most Filipinas come from poor families, most Filipinas have dark brown skin - what you want is finding the needle in the haystack and seeing as you are middle aged, have very little in the way of family connections and presitge and a foreigner - why do you think you are above a pretty, morena who comes from poverty?

That young lady you had to dump, I bet you had sex with her before giving her the heave-ho. She's the one who has missed a bullet if that is how you go about things.
I am happy to find my own dates of my own - that's not the problem. The problem is that any girl who is pretty and young and has some brains and went to a decent university has a 80% chance to come from one of those middle and middle/upper class families. Who are, coincidentally, the families who wouldn't want to touch us adult foreigners (and even the young foreigners, I suspect) with a 5-foot pole. And if not the famly, the chick herself.
None of that matters! Why does she have to have gone to a decent university?

Why?

There are loads of people who never went to university and have brains, I went to a university - but I'm not as smart as Bill Gates who doesn't have a degree - he sacked university off.

And why does she have to be 'middle/upper middle class' you're a snob? Own it and that's fine.

But do you think anybody from Asia can wine and dine middle/upper middle class girls in Italy? Same rules apply. The facts are there are loads of suitable girls for you to date and marry but you need to get rid of your OWN snobby outlook.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

publicduende wrote:
retiredfrank wrote:I've probably said this somewhere before in these discussions with PD, but I fully support sticking to his standards for intelligence in a woman. A woman who is boring to talk to is worse than being alone. It's standards for physical appearance where I would compromise, which rapidly fades in importance once you get to know a woman, at least in my experience. However, I don't think he has to compromise here. Just make the business succeed, then arrange to take regular trips to Manila where he comes into contact with intelligent AND beautiful single filipina career women age 30 or so, who are unable to find a quality husband due combination of age (they missed the boat) and hypergamy issue (women must marry up to feel comfortable). I continue to believe PD would be top 10% or even higher in sexual market value to such women, provided his business is successful.

At one time I suggested looking in Tokyo/Singapore/etc, but that was only because PD said Manila was as provincial as the rest of the Philippines. Now that PD is backtracking and admits Manila is not totally provincial, that's the obvious place to look.
Sorry for the concise reply to an interesting point. It frustrates and disappoints me to see that age is cutting me off from, say, the better 80% of the young, smart and pretty single Filipinas I would love to be able to approach.

The question then is, how I can possibly be noticed by the part of the remaining 20% who might take an interest in me and/or reciprocate my interest for them. I don't think my company succeeding would make an ocean of difference. I will never be Bill Gates and it might be several years before I can make so much as $200K a year from dividends, with the high costs and uncertain client pipeline of my line of business.

Hotties looking for the aphrodisiac combo of professional success + cash have plenty of rich men in Metro Manila and Cebu to look forward to. And that's even without counting the rich Korean, Japanese and Chinese who target the same territory looking for girlfriends, mistresses and the occasional wife.

I actually do take regular trips to Manila and come in contact with good looking and intelligent career women in their 30s. Last one just two weeks ago on my last trip: V, 32, very pretty face, a bit chubby but the right kind of chubby (yummy breasts, at least a D). She works at a major accountancy firm and in charge with one of the fintech groups I have been introduced to. I start talking with her avidly and find out she lived in London for a few months, seconded by her mother company. Great, something in common that spawns another good 15 minutes extra of great tongue-in-cheek conversation.

Until she has to go: her boyfriend has come pick her up. Fall from grace: I mumble something semi-sarcastic about whether I could pick her up too, in another moment. I will certainly see her again in the next few weeks and months and I doubt her love life will have changed significantly.

And it's always the same story...ALL the women who have any appreciable looks and brain value, in Manila like Milan, Turkey to Tanzania, Canberra to Cape Town, are inevitably taken, married up, engaged, involved, wrapped up.

One can only be so lucky to find himself in the right place at the right time, in that tiny 1 or 2 month time window between break-ups.

Believe me, as Rock said, Metro Manila is huge and there are a lot more dateable girls. And yet, the top of the crop, or even the middle of the crop, are too few to accommodate all the men, foreigners and locals alike, who, tired of jumping from horse to horse on the p***y merry-go-round, want to find a quality young woman to settle with.

To summarise: my age is against me, I am not that handsome and not that successful and wealthy (yet), even compared to other foreigners. Metro Manila has more opportunities than Davao but also a lot more foreigners who have less years on their passport, and/or an actual career or expat position in Makati or BGC, and/or are far more stud like than me. No chance in hell.

The only girls I managed to hook up with or date in Manila are the same poor girls from Mindanao who try their luck with a foreigner to escape the boredom or utter desperation of their toxic life routines. Only one was very decent, physically attractive (albeit with deformed hands), but killed my interest when she revealed me her toxic mix of religious fanaticism and the only career choice that I hate with all my guts: network marketing, or MLM to use a more appropriate acronym.
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

SORRY ASSHOLE :twisted: (that is what I call my friends)
"The only girls I managed to hook up with or date in Manila are the same poor girls from Mindanao who try their luck with a foreigner."
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Jonny Law wrote:THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

"The only girls I managed to hook up with or date in Manila are the same poor girls from Mindanao who try their luck with a foreigner."
That's the reality, my Anal Gap friend. Can you do better, in Thailand? I am intrigued to know :)
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

yick wrote:
publicduende wrote:Uy! Please don't bring the Rotary into this,
You brought the Rotary Club into this... not me, remember, you made the statement that they would look down on your poor/brown skinned/uneducated wife if you were to marry such a person. Am I right or what?

it's got nothing to do with the people I see and their respective women. I refer to "my Rotary friends" to tell them apart from other groups of friends I go out with, I am not putting any label of royalty into the fact that they happen to belong to the same club and we use said club to meet and spend time together.
YOU mentioned them and the reasons why marriage to a 'lower class' girl would not work, not me and nobody else.
First, Rotary doesn't have a membership card. Second, Rotary does more good in a minute than what many of us could do in a lifetime.
Oh f**k off! :roll: If they can't look past skin tone, where you went to university and which school you went to. They're snobs and yet to evolve into something more decent.

You should know better than to adopt their social outlook and views, ever the great Dr Martin Luther King talked about this and he was right.

Like I said many times before, I really don't care about my friends not introducing me to any members of their family for dating. It's understood that I am I and they are they. I am only bringing them into my discussion as a bunch of people who is telling me some veritable stuff about Filipino society. They get it, believe me: they're not young princelings locked away on top of their ivory towers. At least in Davao, you have to do business with normal people to be rich, and you need to be street-savvy and people-savvy to do business with normal people.
At the end of it all, it's your happiness at stake.

No-one is saying marry a woman that you meet in a go-go bar - many people do, but that's stupid.

Most Filipinas come from poor families, most Filipinas have dark brown skin - what you want is finding the needle in the haystack and seeing as you are middle aged, have very little in the way of family connections and presitge and a foreigner - why do you think you are above a pretty, morena who comes from poverty?

That young lady you had to dump, I bet you had sex with her before giving her the heave-ho. She's the one who has missed a bullet if that is how you go about things.
I am happy to find my own dates of my own - that's not the problem. The problem is that any girl who is pretty and young and has some brains and went to a decent university has a 80% chance to come from one of those middle and middle/upper class families. Who are, coincidentally, the families who wouldn't want to touch us adult foreigners (and even the young foreigners, I suspect) with a 5-foot pole. And if not the famly, the chick herself.
None of that matters! Why does she have to have gone to a decent university?

Why?

There are loads of people who never went to university and have brains, I went to a university - but I'm not as smart as Bill Gates who doesn't have a degree - he sacked university off.

And why does she have to be 'middle/upper middle class' you're a snob? Own it and that's fine.

But do you think anybody from Asia can wine and dine middle/upper middle class girls in Italy? Same rules apply. The facts are there are loads of suitable girls for you to date and marry but you need to get rid of your OWN snobby outlook.

So far as I know, I am the only man here who has actually married a "Middle class Filipina" and ironically, I did not even set out to do so. I did not know her status before I met my wife and while she was obviously not out of a nippa hut,
she easily could have been from one of those many solid but poor working families who struggle to own their own appliances, likely have a family motorcycle, and struggle greatly to keep their daughter in school, with the possibility she might land an overseas job. You want to know what did it? when we first met, she gave me the prettiest, most pure, open eye to the soul I have even seen, and I could not help but return the favor. The eye is the window of the soul, and she gave me the wide uncovered window indeed. She and her family do not get into the social clics, they are kind and personable. If you are married to that morena from a poor family, it makes no difference to her. After my first meeting, I would have married my wife if she was poor as a church mouse. She went home that day, and told her mom, "Mamma, I met the man I am going to marry. He is a foreigner. I hope you like him."

I don't know about offering advice. So much of life is an accident. PD is a honorable man. He carries perspective and baggage, like most of us. I would always wish him the best. I do know, doing a good job of finding yourself helps on the way to finding the girl, or helps on the way to her finding you.

If she is one of those poor brown skinned morenas, what is the quality of her heart? Have you even passed someone by for some "reason" , only to regret it bitterly later? I have done that. It does not go way easily.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

publicduende wrote:
Jonny Law wrote:THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

That's the reality, my Anal Gap friend. Can you do better, in Thailand? I am intrigued to know :)
Thanks 8)

Learn From publicduende
If you look for an intelligent well educated woman in Philippines- Your gonna have a bad time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XddfToBTelE

Don’t take me in a negative way.
Having sex and casual relationships is easier in Thailand in comparison with America and the West.

Not Approved By Jonny Law
Long Term Relationships With Thais!
Country girls just want to rip off foreigners and city girls are a little better.
I am against Long-Term relationships with Thais. Because Thai women are the most unfaithful in the world and are the worst mothers.

According to Science
14% of married women in US admitted to having an affair once during their married life.
59% of women living in Thailand admitted to cheating on their husbands.
https://www.naij.com/345136-top-8-most- ... world.html

Approved By Jonny Law
Do what Thai women want. Pump-Them and Dump-Them.

My friends
Asshole- noun, Vulgar. slang- a stupid, mean, or contemptible person.
http://www.dictionary.com/browse/asshole
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Jonny Law, you're just like Winston rambling non-stop about Taiwanese women in threads that are actually about Filipinas and Russians. :P
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Johnny1975 wrote:Well if you can't find what you're looking for, you have 2 choices :

1) Lower your expectations / learn to adapt
2) Seek elsewhere

End of story.
"Lower my expectations / learn to adapt": that's what I have tried to do - it never lasts more than a couple of months, tops. I lose respect for the girl and she immediately finds somebody else, or she cheats on me anyway because that's who she's always been - a slut. Or they start showing the true colours of their agendas and I dump them before somebody gets seriously hurt.

If try to see if I can feel attracted out of intellectual connection alone, I end up fantasizing sex with other girls and stop seeing them. If I try to see if I can feel attracted out of physical connection alone, I get bored after a few days, or they realise they don't like me much anyway and they could have better than me, so they walk away.

I would like to find a girl who likes (or loves) me for who I am not, not anymore at least: young, intense, attractive. I find girl who are, at best, interested in what I would have been able to give them, had I remained in London with my 6 figure job, but - at this life juncture at least - can't give them anymore.

So, the obvious logical step to take, as you say is...look elsewhere. But where? There is no emerging economy in the world, not even the Philippines, when a man in his 40's who chooses to move there, deliberately relinquishing 90% of his first-world advantages and privileges, to start a life or hard work and sacrifices, with a view to becoming a better man, is preferred to a man who is: 1) a local (a Filipino) 2) already from a know family, and 3) successful and rich, much more than me now and more than what I will ever achieve.

Guys believe me, Metrol Manila, Cebu and Davao is full of young kids who are not only from rich families, but well educated, well balanced (non-asshole) and young & handsome. That's prime material, the Premier League. I'll be lucky to be a Second Division underdog.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

OutWest wrote:So far as I know, I am the only man here who has actually married a "Middle class Filipina" and ironically, I did not even set out to do so. I did not know her status before I met my wife and while she was obviously not out of a nipa hut, she easily could have been from one of those many solid but poor working families who struggle to own their own appliances, likely have a family motorcycle, and struggle greatly to keep their daughter in school, with the possibility she might land an overseas job. You want to know what did it? when we first met, she gave me the prettiest, most pure, open eye to the soul I have even seen, and I could not help but return the favor. The eye is the window of the soul, and she gave me the wide uncovered window indeed. She and her family do not get into the social clics, they are kind and personable. If you are married to that morena from a poor family, it makes no difference to her. After my first meeting, I would have married my wife if she was poor as a church mouse. She went home that day, and told her mom, "Mamma, I met the man I am going to marry. He is a foreigner. I hope you like him."
You are one of the THREE true and tested success stories in here. Together with Pete and Dave. The exceptions that confirm the rule. The 3-standard-deviations-from-the-mean from which you work out the mean.

I think I challenged you (and Pete and Dave) on this point in another thread in the past (forgot which one), and it went like this:

1) you found your girl several years ago, perhaps not 11 or 13 years ago like Pete, but "a while ago", when dating sites like Cherry Blossoms or Filipino Cupid or Filipino Kisses still had a handful of those needles in the haystack. When large-screen smartphones and data connections in rural areas weren't much around and a foreigner was still saluted like an Angel from the sky, and not mercilessly compared to the K-Pop idol or Hollywood stud du jour.

2) you (and I think Pete and Dave) found your girl off the beaten path of Mindanao. On one side, a girl from a village near Ozamiz or Pagadian 7/10 years ago. On the other, a smartphone-yielding entitled millennial of Davao today. Not saying it's absolutely impossible to find girls like those off the beaten path, perhaps in even more rural villages where local families still give their pretty daughters good values and send them to local universities, instead of letting them loose in the big city.

That's why I did find inspiration in the idea of perhaps finding somebody in Butuan or Iligan City, Dumaguete, those cities like that. However in Mindanao (Dumaguete is technically in Visayas), all of those places are quite a big hike. The closest tier-2 city to Davao without meeting the Muslim rebels is General Santos, which effectively could be an outlet. Once again...if I can't even find the time to spend half a day in Samal (in front of Davao), how can I spend a week roaming the edges of Mindanao?

3) perhaps the most important of them all, you had set yourself no expectations on who exactly you wanted to find, apart from, obviously, some aesthetics and moral thresholds that no good man looking for a long-term partner should ever compromise on. Perhaps you were lucky or, as I can infer from your stories, you were in a position to choose, rather than be chosen.

Believe me, none of the girls I could be possibly interested in will ever go back to their Mamas telling them they found the man they'd love to marry. In fact quite a bit of the opposite has happened, and could happen again: that the girl gives me a lukewarm-to-cold shoulder and it's only the insistence of her family ("yes you don't like him cuz he's too old, but he's the only man around and he's gonna help us") that makes her come back to me, with the fakest of "eyes to the soul".

It could be a sign of times, after all, OW. The age range we are targeting is always early to late 20s. But a girl on that age range 10+ years ago is not the same as in 2017. You could tell me I am no saint myself and can't expect the Virgin Mary as a bride, but I wasn't born yesterday and certainly haven't found a single, and I mean ONE single girl, who could impress me with her purity, her clean soul and her grace. It's all social media face value, "relationship goals", peer pressure to find the young stud and take a lot of selfies with him (and automatically rule out more mature men who might well be better LTR material).

Everything is exposed, everything is out there and hiding it isn't an option. So most pretties would rather not be seen with any less than the man of their (tall) dreams, then give them a honest chance. Hm,where have I heard this before? :)

Perhaps you Three Holy Kings have been fortune-stricken. Or you found you gem at another time, another place.
OutWest wrote:I don't know about offering advice. So much of life is an accident. PD is a honorable man. He carries perspective and baggage, like most of us. I would always wish him the best. I do know, doing a good job of finding yourself helps on the way to finding the girl, or helps on the way to her finding you.

If she is one of those poor brown skinned morenas, what is the quality of her heart? Have you even passed someone by for some "reason" , only to regret it bitterly later? I have done that. It does not go way easily.
So much of life is an accident, but I now realise so much of my trouble comes from very conscious choices...choices I thought would give me the ability to respect myself even more than I do, and regardless of what people think. And choice who, actually, deprived me of the only qualities a girl of my fancy would find palatable: my live/work abroad status and my financial stability.

What's the quality of a morena's heart? Let me tell you the quality of the last (very) morena I tried to fall for. Ironically, a common friend of Will N Dowd who he introduced me. Single mom, one kid with a foreigner, who turned out to be a convicted child abuser (and currently in a Washington DC jail), super-keen to stick to me despite I told her clearly I didn't like her, and not because of her skin. There was something wrong, something fake, like 90% of the ladies I meet anyway.

We were about to plan to live together and, for the first time ever, I agreed to have her little girl live with us. The house had not 1 but 2 spare rooms, after all. Until, all of a sudden, she is called to work in Manila with her best friend (another dark morena who had the golden chance to marry herself up with a geriatric company manager from Switzerland). A couple of weeks of occasional calls full of smoochies and promises, until she suddenly goes quiet. A quick (and involuntary) browse on her Facebook reveals she's attended the company Christmas party and she is happy to pose in the company of...an equally geriatric guy, probably a manager at the same company. Called her for the last time, she makes up an excuse, that we're not meant to be and quickly fades into gray.

The heart of a morena? Statistically akin to the heart of any poor, uneducated girl who can fake any feeling and make incredible decisions, and corresponding u-turns, to try and catch the best life can throw at them. And who can blame them. But if this is the game to play, there is no soul to be seen, no crack large enough to give you a glimpse of it. And if/when you do see it, all you see is the same level of fake and calculating cynicism every woman in the world is capable of...then what's the point with keeping my hopes up?

Tutto il mondo e' paese, the world's one big town, we say in Italia.
Last edited by publicduende on March 10th, 2017, 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Rock did it, and he's a similar high-achieving type like yourself. He is similarly very selective, but is still able to date quite a few high-calibre women in the Metro Manila area. I'm guessing that his actual age might be not be that far off from yours, but he wouldn't tell anyone his real age.

Maybe you can meet up with Rock again in Metro Manila, and give the upper-middle-class Filipino dating scene a second shot.
You are one of the THREE true and tested success stories in here. Together with Pete and Dave. The exceptions that confirm the rule. The 3-standard-deviations-from-the-mean from which you work out the mean.
Don't forget about Marcos Zeitola. He is truly happy with a kind-hearted middle-class Filipina who is a UP Diliman graduate.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

publicduende wrote:
OutWest wrote:

I think I challenged you (and Pete and Dave) on this point in another thread in the past (forgot which one), and it went like this:
I don't quite recall what I was challenged to do, but I doubt it would have much value. Everyone has a different experience in life and different goals. Pete and I are friends and have discussed this and are quite confident that if it were necessary we could repeat what we did in the past. While that doesn't necessarily mean that someone else can do the same, in my experience with dozens (over 100 guys) the methodology can be repeated.

But that isn't your issue. You can find a girl. You can find one that's attractive and bright. But you don't want the ones you've been getting - at least not for long term relationships. But that's inside of you to evaluate and decide. I would disagree with those who say you should lower your standards/expectations, because I don't think it's about "lower". Different maybe, but not lower.

A few years ago I was encouraging a good friend to chat with a few Filipinas and check it out. He joined a dating site. He kept reporting to me that while it was exciting he was bored with the girls he was meeting. They were too young or too simple or whatever. I hadn't felt that way in my search but I did understand his perspective. I introduced him to a friend of mine and told her she might be more of his type (a few years older, educated and from a middle class family). Three days later he'd booked his 1st trip to PI, met the girl, married her, etc.

I guess my point is it only takes one. The one is out there if you want to find her.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

davewe wrote:I don't quite recall what I was challenged to do, but I doubt it would have much value. Everyone has a different experience in life and different goals. Pete and I are friends and have discussed this and are quite confident that if it were necessary we could repeat what we did in the past. While that doesn't necessarily mean that someone else can do the same, in my experience with dozens (over 100 guys) the methodology can be repeated.
It wasn't really a verbal challenge, more of a way for me to understand what the magic was behind your successes. Everybody of us big, pragmatic and science-loving adults would like to find repeatability in everything in life. We are always looking for the Holy Grail, the ultimate instruction manual to a life or happiness, love and dosh. Yet, wasn't it one of the finest scientists of all times, Blaise Pascal, who notably said... Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point, "the heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing"?

I do agree with you that everybody has unique expectations, life circumstances and luck. It's also true, though, that by spending 14 hours a day everyday, working on client proposals and sending e-mail to IT people (mostly middle-aged men) the world over, instead of taking that minivan and hitting the northern edges of Mindanao, I am not exactly helping out my luck. ;)
davewe wrote:But that isn't your issue. You can find a girl. You can find one that's attractive and bright. But you don't want the ones you've been getting - at least not for long term relationships. But that's inside of you to evaluate and decide. I would disagree with those who say you should lower your standards/expectations, because I don't think it's about "lower". Different maybe, but not lower.
I might be able to find a girl, one that is reasonably attractive and, at the same time, reasonably bright. I never found these two qualities together in a Filipina and the rare time I did, she was engaged or married. You will agree with me that, unless she lives literally on top of a mangrove tree, a girl who has value and quality will be always be noticed, chased and snapped up relatively quickly. This, anywhere in the world.
davewe wrote:A few years ago I was encouraging a good friend to chat with a few Filipinas and check it out. He joined a dating site. He kept reporting to me that while it was exciting he was bored with the girls he was meeting. They were too young or too simple or whatever. I hadn't felt that way in my search but I did understand his perspective. I introduced him to a friend of mine and told her she might be more of his type (a few years older, educated and from a middle class family). Three days later he'd booked his 1st trip to PI, met the girl, married her, etc.

I guess my point is it only takes one. The one is out there if you want to find her.
Yes, it only takes one, but it also takes her to like me. The odds aren't as high as you think.

There are things I can compromise, yes, but I am not looking for more than a "14" in looks and brains (6+8, 7+7, or 8+6), wanting to be quantitative. If a girl has brains and her family has means, she won't go for a foreigner, especially an adult one. To go with one like me, a girl has to have a family in need and just about enough brain to understand the importance of having a "rich" foreigner in the family. And of course enough looks to be attractive to my eyes.

And she is objectively attractive, she might easily find a local young man whose family can "elevate" her status and shore up her financial conditions. Or scout for another foreigner, a younger and better looking one than me. Probably one who is still abroad and needs be convinced to come over for her (read "pipeline her together with the other 4 or 5").
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Falcon wrote:Rock did it, and he's a similar high-achieving type like yourself. He is similarly very selective, but is still able to date quite a few high-calibre women in the Metro Manila area. I'm guessing that his actual age might be not be that far off from yours, but he wouldn't tell anyone his real age.

Maybe you can meet up with Rock again in Metro Manila, and give the upper-middle-class Filipino dating scene a second shot.
Thanks for weighing in, Falcon. I think Rock had a number of factors that played in his favours:

1) he has access to a massive and massively diverse dating pool in Metro Manila;
2) he has plenty of time and money to contact girls, chase them and date them; he is able to pay short notice visit anywhere in the Philippines, to meet a girl he's interested in; I am obviously very happy for him and his life set-up but, you will admit, this is not everybody's standard case and, unfortunately, the polar opposite of mine;
3) he has quite particular tastes that actually work in his favour: when he does find a girl of his fancy, she is rarely the kind of girl who get constantly chased by local boys;
4) perhaps the most important of all: he has the patience to stick to the girl and wait for her to make up her mind, for something platonic to turn more serious, perhaps even for her to break up with her bf. Of course this strategy works better when you're pursuing a girl who's not putting out while you're banging another who is. This game is a winning one and is fun and I tried to play it in Davao a couple of times. It doesn't work out very well, unfortunately: Davao is not such a big place, there are only so many malls and if you go out with a girl while dating another, it's only a matter of a few dates before girl 2 or her friends spot you walking hand in hand with girl 1.

And anyway, trouble comes when you grow tired of the routine and you want to commit. High quality girls are scarce here, I heard this from multiple people including my (now infamous) Rotary friends who according to most here are unable to give me good advice. The best ones go study in Manila, maybe Cebu, and many of them never come back to Davao. Some of them go straight abroad. It's probably easier to find a quality pretty Filipina in Singapore or Bangkok than here.

Once again, it's not about me giving a shot to the Manila dating scene. It's the Manila dating scene giving a shot to a man like me. I feel it will all take an inordinate amount of time, discipline and frustration to find somebody of value. Time and maybe discipline that I cannot muster at this stage of my life. It's gonna be at least another year to see the company grow to sustainability and being able to zoom back and dedicate more time to myself, as opposed to scrambling to find ways to pay my staff salaries and office costs.
Falcon wrote:Don't forget about Marcos Zeitola. He is truly happy with a kind-hearted middle-class Filipina who is a UP Diliman graduate.
Well, case in point, Marcos Zeitola is in the middle of nowhere, perhaps the only white man in a 100 Km radius, living a simple life and feeling like a rockstar. He made his choices and I applaud his choices. However, they're different from mine.
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Make no mistake, Manilla is a giant drug infested, crime stricken, poverty laden shit hole. I don't say that lightly. I went there once for a few days...the city is a disaster. Prostitution is rampant - everywhere. I mean you can't even walk down the street without 5 hookers from the opposite (and THE SAME sex) propositioning you for the time.

The locals all look at you like they despise you, infact they do. That country is really...really sad.
Fillipina's only are out for the money, everything's on the meter. I went there once and hired a couple girls for the weekend. We had fun, but it was still...all on the meter.

Thailand is probably better.
Last edited by Eric on March 10th, 2017, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.