Western women influence in Asia (Japan in this case)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Western women influence in Asia (Japan in this case)

Post by chanta76 »

I was watching a japanese show called "Cool Japan". http://www6.nhk.or.jp/cooljapan/en/index.html

Here is link about that show. Anyway it's about interesting stuff about Japan that they talk about. Foreigner talk about comparing the difference about Japan vs where ever they are from.
Anyway they had one episode about"how come Japanese men don;'t open doors for women?", all the western women on that show acted so entitled thinking that as a women they deserve special treatment and that Japanese men are soo backwards and so not cool .

What bother me is that the Japanese people on that show felt like they have to adopt western etiquette. I mean in Japan they have their own way of life. And the men women relationship in Japan is different vs in the west but I got upset because the western women on the show felt like Japan should be more like America.

I realize this is the western women influence in Asia. There is growing number of western women going to the developed Asian countries either for work for travel. Most of them date only expat men or go dateless but in any case they try to influence in their own way the local Asian culture. That bothers me. It's like western women wants entitlement in Asia and want to change the asian culture.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: western women influence in Asia (Japan in this case)

Post by yick »

:?
Last edited by yick on June 23rd, 2021, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

Post by Bao3niang »

I've never visited Japan, and I'd like to someday, but from what I understand at this current point in time the general Japanese attitude towards non-Asian foreigners (specifically whites) seems to be a mixture of admiration and distrust. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get treated well in Japan as a non-Japanese Asian, because the Japs do seem to look down on their fellow East Asians and also Southeast Asians.
CYKA BLYAT!!!!!!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Bao3niang wrote:I've never visited Japan, and I'd like to someday, but from what I understand at this current point in time the general Japanese attitude towards non-Asian foreigners (specifically whites) seems to be a mixture of admiration and distrust. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't get treated well in Japan as a non-Japanese Asian, because the Japs do seem to look down on their fellow East Asians and also Southeast Asians.
No, that's not true, Baoniang. I'm Korean American but I was treated quite well there. Japanese only bother you if you do something stupid, which is something foreigners do quite often. :roll:
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Japan gets - Jonny Law Approval

-NEWSFLASH-
Japanese Chicks love WHITE MEN and want their babies :)
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/09/21/w ... any-girls/
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

So johnny

Why not head to japan instead being in thailand
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Foreign guys in Japan only get many girls if they are taking the ones that the Japanese guys passed on (older, taller, not so cute), or possibly if their Japanese language skills are killer. Talk to foreign guys who have spent significant time in Japan. It ain't any kind of paradise.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

flowerthief00 wrote:Foreign guys in Japan only get many girls if they are taking the ones that the Japanese guys passed on (older, taller, not so cute), or possibly if their Japanese language skills are killer. Talk to foreign guys who have spent significant time in Japan. It ain't any kind of paradise.
YES! Foreign guys get the Japanese trash (left overs of Japanese men) if they want a relationship.
WARNING!
Japanese women are not relationship material.
Japanese women are good for Pump-and-Dumps.

I live in Thailand and work as an English teacher. Fact, you can make much more money in Japan. Unfortunately Japan is a huge RIPOFF! Being overcharged for every single thing is the Japanese way!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote: Why not head to japan instead being in thailand
Most foreigners entering Japan without any qualification for a regular job are running soon out of money.
Many are gone within one or two years.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jonny Law wrote: YES! Foreign guys get the Japanese trash (left overs of Japanese men) if they want a relationship.
WARNING!
I live in Thailand and work as an English teacher. Fact, you can make much more money in Japan. Unfortunately Japan is a huge RIPOFF! Being overcharged for every single thing is the Japanese way!
It depends what you expect from a Japanese woman - if you meet her in a bar for foreigners and want her to go with you to USA or Australia you are right, however otherwise a broken down relationship between a foreign man and a Japanese woman if they continue to live in Japan are rather few.

I have no idea how you can be overcharged in Japan, foreigners pay the same as the locals as far as I know after living 40 years in Tokyo.
Where do foreigners pay more than Japanese? All taxis have meters, all restaurants and shops issue a receipt and usually have a menu and pricelist, medical doctors charge exactly the same for foreign residents and Japanese as they calculate with the tariff of the National Health Insurance, unlike USA tips do not exist etc. - maybe give me some examples.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Yohan

What kind of qualification is needed to work in japan? Can you give examples yourself.

So is japan a paradise for western men or men in your opinion.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Wow! It seems Japan is doable, if you don't aim for Tokio. I'd like to go to Fukuoka, perhaps next year. MUCH cheaper.
And from there it's just a cheap flight to Busan, to go confirm with my own eyes if koldreans are really robotic morons.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... y2=Fukuoka
https://www.realestate.co.jp/en/rent/fukuoka

But it seems western chumps have already flooded it like locusts :cry:

http://www.fukuoka-now.com/en/article/g ... ese-girls/

They either behave like douchebags or manginas, no middle-ground or do-as-the-locals.

Yohan, can you comment on smaller cities?
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

droid wrote:Wow! It seems Japan is doable, if you don't aim for Tokio. I'd like to go to Fukuoka, perhaps next year. MUCH cheaper.
And from there it's just a cheap flight to Busan, to go confirm with my own eyes if koldreans are really robotic morons.

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/c ... y2=Fukuoka
https://www.realestate.co.jp/en/rent/fukuoka

But it seems western chumps have already flooded it like locusts :cry:

http://www.fukuoka-now.com/en/article/g ... ese-girls/

They either behave like douchebags or manginas, no middle-ground or do-as-the-locals.

Yohan, can you comment on smaller cities?

Exactly! Then the girls become bitter or end up becoming male hating feminist cunts. Or, they become total sluts only into the 'bad' boys. This why Asian countries should do a better job screening out tourists and travelers to Asian countries.

E_Irizzary even suggested keeping places secret from other foreigners, lol.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Jonny Law wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:Foreign guys in Japan only get many girls if they are taking the ones that the Japanese guys passed on (older, taller, not so cute), or possibly if their Japanese language skills are killer. Talk to foreign guys who have spent significant time in Japan. It ain't any kind of paradise.
YES! Foreign guys get the Japanese trash (left overs of Japanese men) if they want a relationship.
WARNING!

I live in Thailand and work as an English teacher. Fact, you can make much more money in Japan. Unfortunately Japan want teachers with degrees which is something I do not have. Thailand are less strict with this. :evil:
:D
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Re: Western women influence in Asia (Japan in this case)

Post by flowerthief00 »

That Fukuoka article doesn't state that Westerners are on the rise. It states that foreigners are on the rise, which most likely includes more Asians than Westerners.

At any rate, I take anything I hear from a Japanese woman's mouth with a grain of salt. That culture is notorious for people not saying what they mean. Sure, it is well known that of all types of foreigners the Japanese fancy Whites the best. But Whites are their #2 pick, probably a distant #2. Watch what they do rather than what they say and it is clear that the vast majority of Japanese prefer the company of their fellow Japanese above all, or at least are unwilling to act otherwise.
(This goes doubly for the men! If there is a foreign woman and a Japanese woman in the same room as him, the Japanese man will choose the Japanese woman to approach every time, no matter how much he may have told you that he digs foreign chicks)

Just as White women will SAY they are open to dating men from other races but in actuality overwhelmingly prefer White men, there might be some sort of pressure for Japanese to appear more open to international dating than they actually are? That's only a guess though, and I don't mean to say that Japanese women are not open to international dating. Just that I don't trust numbers that sanguine. They don't conform to my experience and observations.

You have to stay sober about this sort of thing. A young pretty women will be in demand anywhere you go in the developed world. Therefore she has options. Therefore, if she can choose between a high quality man who understands her language and culture at a native level and a high quality man who doesn't, why would she choose the one who doesn't? But, as her options begin to dwindle, that's when she becomes more inclined to look overseas. So whenever you hear of an Asian women dating a foreign man you have to ask what the reason is. It could be that she legit has a foreign fetish. But more likely she has simply gotten older and, by the standards of her culture, unattractive.

Basically, don't jog over there and expect to have girls who look like AKB48 giving you the time of day because of your skin color. In a big city like Tokyo or Osaka, you will be neglected and ignored the same as in any big city.
(Can't say much about Fukuoka yet but I'll be visiting for the first time in March....)