The Philippines Finally Raises Age of Consent to 16

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

The Philippines Finally Raises Age of Consent to 16

Post by Will N. Dowd »

The Philippines has finally changed the age of consent from the extreme 12 to the normal 16.
This has caused anger among the muslims there with their child marriage traditions.

https://www.rappler.com/nation/duterte- ... years-old/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: The Philippines Finally Raises Age Of Consent To 16

Post by Taco »

The age of consent in Cebu is 18. The reason I know that is two expats got arrested in the city I live in for breaking the law.
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 12:51 pm
The Philippines has finally changed the age of consent from the extreme 12 to the normal 16.
Such laws don't change anything, even not in Europe.
See article below, 14 year old girl gives birth - and the father is not even mentioned.

Girls are often sexually very active as young as 13 with multiple boyfriends and using contraceptives (often without knowledge of their single mom), and such laws only push full responsibility to the boy, while the girl is considered to be a 'victim' of statutory rape, despite she agrees with everything...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... birth.html
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Taco wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 7:19 pm
The age of consent in Cebu is 18. The reason I know that is two expats got arrested in the city I live in for breaking the law.
If you are a foreign man somewhere abroad (and not only in Philippines) I can only advice you to make sure your girl is at least 18 years old (better even 20 years old) - regardless if you are serious about a long-term relationship or only into short stay/one night with her.

In this case - if she is really 20+ - there is no question about age of consent and no possible objection by parential rights, which might be fairly strong in some Asian countries.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Will N. Dowd wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 12:51 pm
What is 'NORMAL'?

In Europe 16 is NOT really so 'normal', in many European countries it is 14 or 15.

It is 14 years in Austria, Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Hungary, Italy Portugal, Albania, Bosnia, Estonia, Lithuania, Serbia, Bulgaria...

In others it is often 15, Iceland, Sweden, Greece, France, Denmark, Czech, Croatia

If you are in Europe you have to look around I guess for a very long time if you want to meet a virgin who is older than 13 - most girls that age have already multiple boyfriends, take contraception without knowledge of their parents....

Youngest mother of my own native country was 11 and the boy claiming to be the father was 12, but after birth it turned out he was NOT the father, but another boy who was 14. What did the mother of this girl said? She said, she is so proud of her daughter...

In European feminist society women lost any feeling of morality and responsibility - the daughter as well as her single mother...they are all 'victims'.
It's always the fault of the man or boy, never the fault of the girl...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Taco wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 7:19 pm
There is a different law which, I believe, hasn't been untouched by this age of consent change. It basically says that, if you are a foreign citizen, you cannot stay alone in an enclosed space (e.g. a hotel room) with a boy or girl under 18 of age. This law overrides whatever the age of consent is.

Those expats either were genuinely looking for underage girls, which is insane because they should have known better, or they got trapped into one of the usual scams involving an underage girl who finds an excuse to sneak into your hotel room or home, moments before a conniving security guard or policeman comes knocking on your door.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Yohan wrote:
March 21st, 2022, 7:35 pm
Girls are often sexually very active as young as 13 with multiple boyfriends and using contraceptives (often without knowledge of their single mom), and such laws only push full responsibility to the boy, while the girl is considered to be a 'victim' of statutory rape, despite she agrees with everything...
This might be true in countries like the UK or US, but, in the Philippines, girls usually start having sex with their boyfriends around 17, maybe 16 at the very earliest. Bucketloads of single moms in the Philippines but, wanting to be fair, very, very few of them are younger than 18 or 19.

Then there's the odious, hidden tragedy of sex abuse by a family member. Quite a few young girls, especially in the deep rural areas, still get abused by older male members - their fathers or uncles, often male cousins, sometimes their own elder brothers. It's rarely something they want to talk about, but it's still a not so uncommon reality.