Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Weird question but... circumcision in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Weird question but... circumcision in the Philippines?

Postby manly5000 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 am

Hey all,

I know that most males are Circ'd in the philippines and there's a big social stigma about it, but I am DEAD SET against allowing any son I may have in the future to be cut.

What kind of problems will I run into with this kind of mindset? Are Filipinos in general starting to wake up to the barbaric stupidity of this practice or are they gung-ho about having it done? Would a half-breed Filipino/American boy draw less attention about this than a pure Filipino due to cultural differences etc?

Just curious...
Freshman Poster

Postby Raja » Fri May 13, 2011 6:21 am

They never claimed it was being done for health reasons so when doctors changed their minds there was no push to stop them. It is a cultural manhood issue so ingrained that most mothers won't allow an infant to get it done yet 10 year olds will actively bug for it to get done or risk being teased as a sepoy. I have heard theories the Catholic Church tried to get the practice stopped when Spain arrived since it is an outward sign of Islamic influence but even that powerful institution failed.

There was even an Ai Ai movie were a subplot was her son cutting himself because single mom could not afford to get a doctor as his big sisters debut was upcoming. Medical missionaries do actually go around to cut boys approaching ten years of age so they won't do themselves.
Freshman Poster

Postby odbo » Fri May 13, 2011 10:28 am

what a country of retards :D
For Jews a paedophile rabbi does the job during infancy then sucks on the penis.
Filipinos meanwhile do it themselves. Brilliant!

Here's the poll:
Veteran Poster

Postby Raja » Fri May 13, 2011 1:11 pm

Besides Filipinos most Pacific Islander nationalities along with most Muslims have it done shortly before a boy starts getting privaleges of growing into a man. Its not during the first few years of life as the Jewish nation did at God's comand. Or American men had done at doctors advice.

Look at it this way a wife will not be pushing for it at least until a boy is old enough to ask for it. In fact most Filipinos will actively protect infants from it. Should a child live in the islands he will probably ask for it, if he leaves probably not.
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand