Terrorism in the Philippines - issue or non-issue honestly?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Terrorism in the Philippines - issue or non-issue honestly?

Post by manly5000 »

Hey guys,

Every now and then I come across discussions about terrorism in the Phils and some seem to think it's a risky place to be. Honestly though, what's the real deal with this? If you look at the list of incidents on Wikipedia it seems that something goes down fairly regularly there, maybe once a month or more... but truth be told is this a big issue for those considering relocating there someday?

I myself favor either the Cebu area and surrounding islands or Mindinao, which is where the highest concentration of muslims seems to be.

Just want to be sure as an American white dude i won't be a big fat walking target.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The odds of you encountering terrorism are minimal. You are more likely to be pickpocketed by scums there. Anything is possible, but the danger is too miniscule to worry too much about.

However, some people draw bad people more than others.
Last edited by Winston on May 13th, 2011, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Thanks Winston. Would you say my assumption of Cebu and the immediate surrounding islands being lower risk than the rest of the Phils is accurate?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Yawn! There is more of a terrorist threat in the US than in the Philippines. Just avoid zones where hostilities go on and do not go to Muslim areas and villages with a Bible in the hand shouting- Jesus is the way!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Haha okay thanks bro.
Out in the world living the dream!