Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Terrorism in the Philippines - issue or non-issue honestly?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Terrorism in the Philippines - issue or non-issue honestly?

Postby manly5000 » Fri May 13, 2011 7:54 pm

Hey guys,

Every now and then I come across discussions about terrorism in the Phils and some seem to think it's a risky place to be. Honestly though, what's the real deal with this? If you look at the list of incidents on Wikipedia it seems that something goes down fairly regularly there, maybe once a month or more... but truth be told is this a big issue for those considering relocating there someday?

I myself favor either the Cebu area and surrounding islands or Mindinao, which is where the highest concentration of muslims seems to be.

Just want to be sure as an American white dude i won't be a big fat walking target.
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby Winston » Fri May 13, 2011 8:08 pm

The odds of you encountering terrorism are minimal. You are more likely to be pickpocketed by scums there. Anything is possible, but the danger is too miniscule to worry too much about.

However, some people draw bad people more than others.
Last edited by Winston on Fri May 13, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out the latest posts in our blog The Happier Abroaders.

Don't forget my HA Grand Ebook and Dating Sites!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne, How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
Winston
Site Admin

Postby manly5000 » Fri May 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks Winston. Would you say my assumption of Cebu and the immediate surrounding islands being lower risk than the rest of the Phils is accurate?
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Postby ladislav » Fri May 13, 2011 9:16 pm

Yawn! There is more of a terrorist threat in the US than in the Philippines. Just avoid zones where hostilities go on and do not go to Muslim areas and villages with a Bible in the hand shouting- Jesus is the way!
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby manly5000 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:33 pm

Haha okay thanks bro.
Out in the world living the dream!
manly5000
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand