Philippines Just a Fantasy?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Merlin
Freshman Poster

Philippines Just a Fantasy?

Post by Merlin »

New to this Forum, so hello everyone. Interested in foreign women for the same reasons everyone else.

Winston's success notwithstanding, I'm wondering whether the dream of meeting a pretty, sweet girl, in the Philippines or elsewhere in Asia, isn't really just a fantasy for North American guys.

Here's why. If you go to the Asiankisses site you'll find the ads of hundreds of American, Canadian and European guys. Now, some of these guys could date pretty much any Western woman; if they had profiles on eHarmony they'd have to put their matching on hold or they'd be swamped with communications from eager (and attractive and successful) women from the U.S., Canada or Europe.

But on Asiankisses most have no contacts. Nothing. No interest at all.

Yet any Asian girl who is slightly attractive gets some interest from the guys, and pretty girls get lots of contacts.

If you look at the profiles of the guys it's just pathetic. It's like they see themselves as God's gift to Asian women, whom they clearly wish to connect with, and yet the interest isn't reciprocated.

So I'm wondering whether the idea that there's a perfect -- or any -- Asian woman out there just waiting for her Western Prince Charming isn't just a fantasy? Perhaps encouraged by the operators of dating sites and tours.

Any comments? I'd love to be shot down on this, and have my doubts dispelled...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

lots of those guys wouldn't be dong to well on E-harmony.

Most guys get nothing on american dating web sites.
Merlin
Freshman Poster

Post by Merlin »

That's the prevailing wisdom, GMM, but when I was on eHarmony I got loads of matches (and some of the guys on Asiankisses top me in looks and money).

Most of my eHarmony matches were real people too (unlike Cherryblossoms and Chnlove.com) and some of them were extremely attractive: models, dancers, and others; some where successful: doctors, lawyers, business execs.; and some were a nice admixture of both: real estate agents, etc..

You gotta ask: Gosh, Merlin, why would you be interested in foreign gals if eHarmony was so great?

That's a good question.

And the honest answer is that I want a wife that's from a traditional culture and is more submissive, and who sees me as the head of the family rather than as a "partner" with whom I have to debate everything. Plus I want kids, so someone younger too, and eHarmony only works down to about 10 years younger, and even that's a bit of a stretch.

I can date girls in their twenties here, of course, and do you know why? It's because they're not doing the math and figuring out how old I'll be when they're forty. Instead, they're doing a different calculation and figuring I'd make a great FIRST husband...
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Philippines Just a Fantasy?

Post by Winston »

Merlin wrote:New to this Forum, so hello everyone. Interested in foreign women for the same reasons everyone else.

Winston's success notwithstanding, I'm wondering whether the dream of meeting a pretty, sweet girl, in the Philippines or elsewhere in Asia, isn't really just a fantasy for North American guys.

Here's why. If you go to the Asiankisses site you'll find the ads of hundreds of American, Canadian and European guys. Now, some of these guys could date pretty much any Western woman; if they had profiles on eHarmony they'd have to put their matching on hold or they'd be swamped with communications from eager (and attractive and successful) women from the U.S., Canada or Europe.

But on Asiankisses most have no contacts. Nothing. No interest at all.

Yet any Asian girl who is slightly attractive gets some interest from the guys, and pretty girls get lots of contacts.

If you look at the profiles of the guys it's just pathetic. It's like they see themselves as God's gift to Asian women, whom they clearly wish to connect with, and yet the interest isn't reciprocated.

So I'm wondering whether the idea that there's a perfect -- or any -- Asian woman out there just waiting for her Western Prince Charming isn't just a fantasy? Perhaps encouraged by the operators of dating sites and tours.

Any comments? I'd love to be shot down on this, and have my doubts dispelled...
W: Absolutely not! I say that 1000 percent. They are a reality. Many guys here have the perfect Filipina too, not just me. A Filipina next to me here in this internet cafe was telling this old guy by webcam how when he comes here, she will live with him and he can see her all day and night and that she will be his. And she will even find him work too. I heard it all from her own mouth next to me.

Tons of testimonials abound. You can join the Yahoo groups too and they will tell you the same thing. It's for real! Read my recent post about why I love Filipinas as playmates, lovers, and best friends. None of that is hype. I mean every word in that thread literally.

Come here and I will show you that fantasy can become reality, with no strings attached.

BTW, how can you base everything on one site called asiankisses.com? I've never heard of them. But they are not the measure of the dating field in the Philippines at all.

Have you seen my photo collage? Those are all girls who are for real.

Here in Angeles City, you can get good girls in the normal part of the city, and bad girls in the bars. The best of both worlds.
Last edited by Winston on December 1st, 2007, 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

By the way, what do you mean "unlike cherry blossoms"? The girls on there are for real. I've met many girls on cherry blossoms in person. Some of them are less attractive than their photos though.

But you don't need these services. If you come here, there are lots of attractive girls in person that are very charmable.
Merlin
Freshman Poster

Post by Merlin »

I've seen your photo collages, Winston, but remember, we're not all as charming as you...

CherryBlossoms has real girls -- in addition to imposters (the most obvious of which are the ones with Russian profiles; oddly the content and syntax of the "Russian" profiles are often very similar to the Filipina ones: "Want someone who's not into games" etc.,) and a lot of scammers and beggars. Chnlove.com has some real women too -- I know because I've communicated with them through regular emails and exchanged photos and so on -- but most of my communications through Chnlove seemed to be with professional letter writers who couldn't keep the details of the profile straight, but were great at penning endearments.

Anyway, I think the internet may be OK to initially connect with women, but it's a waste of time unless you plan to be heading out to her corner of the world fairly soon at which time she'll be just one possibility among many.

I plan to start my world travels in the New Year, and the Philipines will be near the top of my list. I'll let you know when I'm heading out there, Winston. If I don't get a girl at least I can touch the hem of your robe...
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Gee, I don't know about that web site. Most US based internet dating does not reflect the actual picture of how the demographics of the Philippines is and how it can benefit a Western guy.

Also, the site is probably marketing itself more to Western men rather than to Asian women. It is just skewed in many ways. There are more Western guys online actively seeking than there are Filipina girls online actively seeking.

You will really need to go there and see for yourself and get instructions before you go. Or hit some better sites with Filipinas:

Try this: http://www.friendster.com, enroll, browse and contact girls
filipinofriendfinder.com - ibid
doyoulike.com

Email some 15-20 girls on each one and you will find one in about a week.

By the way, when you have time, please read this story.

http://www.jacklondons.net/nambok.html
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Merlin
Freshman Poster

Post by Merlin »

That's a good story, ladislav, and I take your point that a mundane fact can be a wonder impossible to credit to someone who has no experience of it.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

You'd make a great first husband--yea, she gets the house and child support.

If you did well on e-harmony, you should do fine in the Philippines. For me, e-harmony got me a bunch of women with no photos , also a bunch who were way overweight.