Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2018, 8:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: How does a guy get to the PI on a budget?!

Post by Taco »

Ghost wrote:Well good jobs are very hard to come by nowadays, and my job doesn't pay much. $9 an hour. Yeah, horrible, I know. I really want to expat, mainly by finding a TESL job in Asia. I've put it off for a little while to take care of things at home. The main reason of course I want to go to Asia is for the women. Particularly the Philippines. I have a Filipina I've been talking to for months, who has already said she would have sex with me. (And yes, when I eventually brought up the subject and she said she would, I was like Holy crap! She's really hot too.)

Anyway, I've told her I don't make much money and it would be expensive for me to travel to see her. And that's the catch. With the paltry sum of money I make, how the hell do I go the Philippines. I do have a few thousand saved up, but since I make so little money, I'm trying to also save for a future. So I don't want to blow all my cash on a few trips to the PI. (I also want to check out Manila or Angeles and get laid with some bar girls. Let's just say I'm way overdue to get laid.)

The typical airfare I can find online is about $2000!! I've seen tickets as high as $4000!!! (From various airports in the Southeastern U.S.) Does anyone know if there are lower airfares and how to get them? The lowest I can find is about $2000, and that is a lot of money for me!! It's driving me crazy because once I get my passport, I could travel. But making such paltry wages is really holding me back!
Just max out your credit cards and don't ever come back. After you marry your filipina you can apply for citizenship and then change your name just to be safe. Incidently, almost all filipinas will want to have sex with you.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Ghost wrote:Well good jobs are very hard to come by nowadays, and my job doesn't pay much. $9 an hour. Yeah, horrible, I know. I really want to expat, mainly by finding a TESL job in Asia. I've put it off for a little while to take care of things at home. The main reason of course I want to go to Asia is for the women. Particularly the Philippines. I have a Filipina I've been talking to for months, who has already said she would have sex with me. (And yes, when I eventually brought up the subject and she said she would, I was like Holy crap! She's really hot too.)

Anyway, I've told her I don't make much money and it would be expensive for me to travel to see her. And that's the catch. With the paltry sum of money I make, how the hell do I go the Philippines. I do have a few thousand saved up, but since I make so little money, I'm trying to also save for a future. So I don't want to blow all my cash on a few trips to the PI. (I also want to check out Manila or Angeles and get laid with some bar girls. Let's just say I'm way overdue to get laid.)

The typical airfare I can find online is about $2000!! I've seen tickets as high as $4000!!! (From various airports in the Southeastern U.S.) Does anyone know if there are lower airfares and how to get them? The lowest I can find is about $2000, and that is a lot of money for me!! It's driving me crazy because once I get my passport, I could travel. But making such paltry wages is really holding me back!
Find a cheap budget airline roundtrip to LAX then find the cheapest flight roundtrip on another Airline going to Hong Kong or Taiwan then get another budget Asian airline going to Manila Philippines. That would be the cheapest method but it would incur long layovers in each airport to make sure you don't miss your next flight in case of delays. Also your baggage would be less once you do the last leg of the trip, it would not be considered an international trip but regional so maybe only allowing 15kg or you have to pay for checked in bags. You could also just find a cheap round trip to Manila from LAX but it may be more expensive than a stop over in a major hub of Asia like Hong Kong.

Just start researching airlines that travel to Manila and then go to their main websites and start playing around with dates.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
polya
Junior Poster

You should just go...

Post by polya »

You should just go. You won't find tickets for much less than $2k - if you do, you'll end up spending on hotels for layovers or baggage fees. As the $US goes down, you'll find airfares will go up, so its now or never!
Just get a month's leave from your job & GO. It will put your mind at rest as you'll see if you can live there or not. One tip - find other girls to visit when your there - don't just stick with her the whole time in case your not compatible, you don't want to waste your trip.
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I usually find airfares under $1000. Try http://www.bt-store.com

If that doesn't work, then get flights between major routes, like Mr S suggested.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on January 12th, 2018, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newlife
Freshman Poster

Post by newlife »

I paid $1,300 RT out here few years ago. Maybe it is more expensive these days. If you're just looking to move, a one way shouldn't cost more than $700-$800. Search all the airfare sites for the best dates and prices. Eventually you'll find a good deal.
newlife
Freshman Poster

Post by newlife »

Taco wrote:

Just max out your credit cards and don't ever come back. After you marry your filipina you can apply for citizenship and then change your name just to be safe. Incidently, almost all filipinas will want to have sex with you.
Yeah, I did that. LOL.

As if my credit score matters here anyways. :roll:
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

In late August, I bought a September return 6 month ticket on Philippine Airlines from Taipei to LA with stop in Manila for just under US$1,000. Within the States, you can get very cheap tickets on Southwest between many airports and LAX if you book 2 or more weeks in advance. And you can check-on up to 2 bags for free.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

newlife wrote:I paid $1,300 RT out here few years ago. Maybe it is more expensive these days. If you're just looking to move, a one way shouldn't cost more than $700-$800. Search all the airfare sites for the best dates and prices. Eventually you'll find a good deal.
You can't get into the PI on a one way ticket though. You gotta have a return ticket or an ongoing ticket. You can get a cheap $25 ongoing ticket on CebuPacific if you book it well in advance on their site.

http://www.cebupacificair.com

Just get one from Manila to Taipei or something. Occasionally they have 1000p tickets that you can buy to fulfill the requirement, which you don't have to use of course.

You can also try the airfare search engines on this site.

http://www.happierabroad.com/airfares.php
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Post by zzzz »

Ghost wrote:I do have a few thousand saved up, but since I make so little money, I'm trying to also save for a future. So I don't want to blow all my cash on a few trips to the PI. (I also want to check out Manila or Angeles and get laid with some bar girls. Let's just say I'm way overdue to get laid.)
How much do you have saved up? Honestly you can do the bar scene and stay at a hotel in Angeles for $2000-4000 a month depending on how much you spend. As I've learned more, I realize now the bar scene is very expensive but it is very easy and convenient. It is also a lot more fun to party and drink with girls in a bar than trying to line up girls or dates online. Unless you have more time than money I'd stick with the bars. I'd also stay away from Manila if you are any type of budget. The taxi drivers there just as example are ravenous and might try to charge you $20 or more for short trips. As someone new to the country Manila is best avoided in my opinion as the learning curve there is much steeper and more brutal.
Ghost wrote: (From various airports in the Southeastern U.S.) The lowest I can find is about $2000, and that is a lot of money for me!!
What city is your nearest major air hub? You should be able to find something below $2000 no problem. I'm finding flights for as low as a bit over $1000 from Chicago. If you can only stay a short time like a few weeks most of your expenses will be on air travel so stay longer if you can. $1300 / 21 = ~$62 a day just for airfare.
Ghost wrote: I would definitely be getting a round trip ticket because I just want to visit first. I want to stay as long as possible on the first trip, get to know the place, get laid as much as possible, date some, learn what it would be like to live there. I've read foreigners can stay about 3 weeks in the PI, but I'll have to read up more on that. My eventual plan would be to find a Filipina to marry and then apply for citizenship and have a family with her in her country
You sound a bit desperate, I'm not sure becoming a Filipino is the answer. If you think your job sucks now at $9 anything you end up with in the Philippines is likely going to be much worse. Girls will not like you as much there if they realize you're poor as any Filipino as well. If you are a poor foreigner you basically lose your one advantage. You can stay something like 18 months just renewing your visa in the Philippines and get a 21 day visa automatically on arrival as an American. However you might have problems leaving the USA without a visa if you plan on staying a long time. I left on a 6 month round trip ticket via Korean Air and they had to check with the management since I had no visa but I knew Korean Air usually doesn't care (have heard other airlines have refused people in similar situations).
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

-----
Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand”