Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

US Envoy Regrets Philippine Sex Tourism Remarks

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

US Envoy Regrets Philippine Sex Tourism Remarks

Postby Taco » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:41 pm

I don't know why the US ambassador to the Philippines is apologizing. I wish the women in my own country were sexy enough to have a sex tourism industry but only a few countries have this distinction. It just goes to show you how few countries have friendly, sexy women.

http://www.sunstar.com.ph/manila/local- ... rks-184014
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Postby Repatriate » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:07 am

He's just remarking about something that's obvious to everyone else. Thailand is the same way they pretend like sex tourism doesn't exist and that foreigners who partake in it are "bad" when it's everywhere and in your face. It's just being delusional and the worst aspects of asian face which don't like to confront issues head on.

I remember the Filipinos i've met have tried to claim what an education powerhouse their country is and how it doesn't have moral and religious problems like Thailand. Then I try to broach the subject that the Phillipines has tremendous poverty and a huge red light district and they change the subject quickly.

I just don't think SE Asians are all that bright.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Postby zzzz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:45 pm

I'd be surprised if it was only 40%. The only tourists I saw there that I didn't think knew about it were some men at Boracay. Hilarious when I was there with a stunning Filipina and they all watch us. Koreans even started taking pictures once cause my girl had on a T-back.
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Postby MrPeabody » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:26 pm

He looks like an Obama appointment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_K._Thomas,_Jr.

It further says: "He urged Philippine authorities to prosecute all foreign sex tourists, including Americans".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/oc ... ex-tourism

So he quotes a statistic with zero evidence to back it up and then he urges that men in the country be prosecuted (under what law?).

What an idiot.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Postby zzzz » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:55 pm

Maybe they should go after all the immigrants in the USA first. I bet most of them are f***ing Americans on American soil!
zzzz
Freshman Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand