Join John Adams, world renowned Intl Matchmaker, Thurs nights 8:30 EST for Live Webcasts with FREE Prizes!
And check out Five Reasons why you should attend a FREE Live AFA Seminar! See locations and details.

Scam free! Check out Christian Filipina - Meet Asian women with Christian values! Members screened.
Exclusive book offer! 75% off! How to Meet, Date and Marry Your Filipina Wife

View Active Topics       Latest 100 Topics       View Your Posts       FAQ Topics       Switch to Mobile

Has anyone lived in (or visited) Cambodia or Indonesia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

Has anyone lived in (or visited) Cambodia or Indonesia?

Postby uncertain » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:03 pm

If so, what were your impressions of the country? How friendly are the people? If you have been to both, how do they compare to each other?
uncertain
Freshman Poster

Postby Mr S » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I've been to both, but I don't have the time to comment now. Perhaps later, tune in...
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Postby Disillusioned_American » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:43 pm

Mr S wrote:I've been to both, but I don't have the time to comment now. Perhaps later, tune in...

Bump.

Mr. S, could you please tell us all now about some of your experiences in Cambodia? I have been interested in this country for a while. Unfortunately, it looks like the rainy season is coming to an end, and so droves of tourists will probably be showing up soon. Still, it could be a lot of fun to visit Cambodia during the dry season, at a time when there will be other westerners to talk to and possibly more. Is the culture pretty non-confrontational there like the culture in Thailand or the Philippines? Is it easy to rent cheap apartments by the week or month without a contract in cities like Phnom Penh?
Disillusioned_American
Freshman Poster

Postby Fenix » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:55 pm

Ladislav has been to Indonesia. He could tell you about it.
Fenix
Junior Poster

Return to Asia, China, Philippines, Thailand